BMW X5
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

11-19-2023, 08:26 PM   #1
raannathr333
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 20' x40i, 07’ 335i, 11’ M3

Intake & Turbo Inlet DIY Commentary

A few quick comments to provide additional insight on Intake & Turbo Inlet Pipe install to supplement existing install tutorials on other B58 models.

Install was pretty straight forward outside of the two EVAP lines. They’re pretty tough to get off, tougher to get on given the lack of movement in the Crank Case Vent hose… ended up snapping it off while trying to install & line up the turbo inlet pipe, and both connections.

For those that may need the part number for the Vent Hose it is BMW part No. 11157934559. Was an easy fix. And after separating the two connections of the EVAP lines, it was a little less difficult to get on. The trick is you really have to try to line up the two EVAP lines, the turbo inlet, and allow them all to click into place simultaneously, with a little bit of uncomfortable force.

Below is a video with some commentary to supplement the videos already released on intake & Turbo Inlet installs on the B58 platform with other models.

Pictures too of some spots to pay attention to.

Hopefully it’s helpful. Will get some sound clips up shortly as well.

Cheers.

https://youtu.be/_wCrFysKoyg?si=QXm6OC9CYg4kKNOC
Appreciate 0
      11-19-2023, 09:18 PM   #2
raannathr333
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 20' x40i, 07’ 335i, 11’ M3

Sound clips below.

To be fair, the sound clips do not do the drivers experience justice. There’s an added awareness to the turbo spooling up that makes you thoroughly enjoy the sound and moving through the RPM range. This car has the Dinantronics X chip, AA Catted DP, and now the Dinan Intake & Turbo Inlet Pipe. The catted Downpipe gave the car a nice exhaust note…. And the intake & turbo inlet pipe round out to complement the drivers experience. Haven’t dyno’d the car before / after… so cannot comment on power gains. Have noticed a bit of quicker throttle response and pulling through redline nicely.

https://youtube.com/shorts/6ZB8IcSDX...UDHucJnAwZ8hAW
Appreciate 1
KLCC79.50