12-28-2008, 06:47 PM   #45
Blake
Banned
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Chevy Aveo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jred22 View Post
I like to keep the AR 15 mounted on my hood.

Appreciate 0
      12-28-2008, 06:51 PM   #46
johnnymu
Warranty Killer
Taiwan
Rep
Drives: Nike shoe

pistol? please, I can get a machine gun and silencer in ohio legally. haha yeah that's scary, to think about it. But seriously, there's no right or wrong on gun issue, it's really the "right". The fact I have the right to protect my family.

Appreciate 0
      12-28-2008, 07:02 PM   #47
captainaudio
World's Foremost Authority
United_States
Rep
Drives: M4 Cab - Cayenne GTS - Jag XK
Location: Upper East Side Manhattan - Boca Raton FL - Lime Rock CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trelos View Post
LOL!

He would get in more trouble in VA for having that radar detector than having his licensed firearm.

(for those who don't know radar detectors are illegal in VA. but apparently with the correct paperwork a concealed handgun isn't )
Unless he had a Valentine 9 (MM). This is the only radar detector that is legal in the state of Virginia.

Drivers Club at Lime Rock - International Motorsports Research Center - Society of Automotive Historians - Madison Avenue Sports Car Driving and Chowder Society (0nly a VP) - BMWCCA - Porsche Club of America - M Gruppe - Polish Race Drivers of America (PDRA) - Glen Club (Watkins Glen International) - Jaguar Club of Southern New England
Appreciate 0
      12-28-2008, 07:02 PM   #48
leon
Private
Rep
Drives: random

lol now thats funny
Appreciate 0
      12-28-2008, 07:03 PM   #49
Blake
Banned
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Chevy Aveo

here's my 2 cents on the issue: i live in texas, almost everyone i know has a gun, including myself, i grew up around them, everyone i know has too, and there isn't a problem with any of us or virtually 99% of all gun owners. in texas, whether i have a concealed carry permit or not, i can legally carry my gun in my car as long as it's concealed. is it a brilliant idea? i don't think so, but those are my own personal politics. does it bother me that the guy in the lane next to me might be packing heat? not really...but i also truly believe that 99% of gun owners aren't crazed lunatics that would jump at the chance to use it, which seems to be the extreme stereotype. myself, i fear the day that i would actually have to use a gun in self-defense, but i'd like to have that option dare i ever need to use it. i've considered a CHL license, probably would do it, but just isn't that important to me. to sum it all up, i really don't see a problem with responsible gun ownership.
Appreciate 0
      12-28-2008, 07:10 PM   #50
Mk23
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 09 E92

Garage List
2009 335i Coupe  [0.00]
I carry my Glock 30 in my holster, if I am getting carjacked I figure I'll just draw and shoot through the window.

Nice idea about the underside of the steering column!

I'd rather have it and not need it than need it and not have it, best words to live by. It's a just in case gun, not a "that prick just cut me off, I'll shoot out his tires" gun...
      12-28-2008, 07:14 PM   #51
willa1975
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 e92 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mk335i View Post
I carry my Glock 30 in my holster, if I am getting carjacked I figure I'll just draw and shoot through the window.

Nice idea about the underside of the steering column!

I'd rather have it and not need it than need it and not have it, best words to live by. It's a just in case gun, not a "that prick just cut me off, I'll shoot out his tires" gun...
If you're behind the wheel, why not just drive off?

And, if you're stuck in traffic and pull a gun, wouldn't you simply be a sitting duck?
Appreciate 0
      12-28-2008, 07:23 PM   #52
johnnymu
Warranty Killer
Taiwan
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by willa1975 View Post

And, if you're stuck in traffic and pull a gun, wouldn't you simply be a sitting duck?
I think there is a misconception here, us gun owners don't want to use our guns!!!!! it's a last resort. In fact you would be surprise who owns a gun and who doesn't.

Appreciate 0
      12-28-2008, 07:29 PM   #53
leon
Private
Rep
Drives: random

I definitely don't want to ever be in a situation where I would need to use a firearm for defense and believe me I do what I can to avoid it. However if I should end up in it I am as trained as I can be.

-Leon
Appreciate 0
      12-28-2008, 07:29 PM   #54
Mk23
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 09 E92

Garage List
2009 335i Coupe  [0.00]
Quote:

If I can drive off I will, but if I can't then I will resort to my Glock.

If I am sitting in traffic it's a bad situation all around.
      12-28-2008, 07:40 PM   #55
willa1975
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnymu View Post
I think there is a misconception here, us gun owners don't want to use our guns!!!!! it's a last resort. In fact you would be surprise who owns a gun and who doesn't.
I'm not indicting gun owners at all. While I'm not a conservative by any stretch of the imagination, I have nothing against law-abiding citizens owning firearms, provided that they are competent enough to responsibly and safely manage a firearm.

I'm just somewhat skeptical about how useful a gun might be if one is getting carjacked. Certainly, if someone approaches your vehicle with the intent of shooting you, then your hand is forced. But, if someone simply wants the car, the easiest course of action would be to drive off. And, if you are in a situation where that isn't a possibility, how likely is it that you would be able to get to your firearm and successfully repel the invader if they've already got a weapon drawn and pointed at you? Perhaps, if you could anticipate the situation before it arises and make it clear that you are armed and not an easy mark, having a firearm would be helpful. But, are you always going to be that circumspect?
Appreciate 0
      12-28-2008, 07:47 PM   #56
johnnymu
Warranty Killer
Taiwan
Rep

Quote:
I'm not indicting gun owners at all. While I'm not a conservative by any stretch of the imagination, I have nothing against law-abiding citizens owning firearms, provided that they are competent enough to responsibly and safely manage a firearm.

I'm just somewhat skeptical about how useful a gun might be if one is getting carjacked. Certainly, if someone approaches your vehicle with the intent of shooting you, then your hand is forced. But, if someone simply wants the car, the easiest course of action would be to drive off. And, if you are in a situation where that isn't a possibility, how likely is it that you would be able to get to your firearm and successfully repel the invader if they've already got a weapon drawn and pointed at you? Perhaps, if you could anticipate the situation before it arises and make it clear that you are armed and not an easy mark, having a firearm would be helpful. But, are you always going to be that circumspect?
During those situation you're correct, if my hands are tied i'll just give whatever they want. In fact last thing I would want is anyone to get hurt. Than you ask what's the point of the gun than? like I said it's last resort. Gun owners do have the same laws to follow.

Appreciate 0
      12-28-2008, 07:52 PM   #57
willa1975
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
During those situation you're correct, if my hands are tied i'll just give whatever they want. In fact last thing I would want is anyone to get hurt. Than you ask what's the point of the gun than? like I said it's last resort. Gun owners do have the same laws to follow.
Fair enough.
Appreciate 0
      12-28-2008, 07:59 PM   #58
HappyG
Major
Rep
Drives: 06 BMW 330i / 6SP

Garage List
2006 330i  [0.00]
Quote:
pistol? please, I can get a machine gun and silencer in ohio legally. haha yeah that's scary, to think about it. But seriously, there's no right or wrong on gun issue, it's really the "right". The fact I have the right to protect my family.
I can't get more then 10 rounds and you're getting suppressors. boooo.
________
Sex tape

Last edited by HappyG; 03-08-2011 at 09:28 AM..
Appreciate 0
      12-28-2008, 08:19 PM   #59
mrad01
First Lieutenant
New Zealand
Rep
Drives: 2008 BMW E90 M3

Quote:
What a mad country!!!

This magical "right to bare arms" is from the 1700s when you actually needed a gun to survive. Now? Not so much.... Everyone in America seems to live in fear of the other guy who has a gun and think they are free!!!!

If you REALLY treasure freedom - get out of America and go somewhere else where you are actually free - not told by the media that you are...

[New Zealand anyone? hehehehehe]

1990 BMW e30 325i 5MT
Appreciate 0
      12-28-2008, 08:21 PM   #60
scollins
Bootleggin' 'n Gunrunnin'
Rep
Drives: 2024 X3 M40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by aggie57 View Post
Like most Americans in favour of guns you miss the point. Here in Australia we start with the premise that carrying a weapon such as a gun (or others such as a flick knife...) in general society makes a statement about intent to use a level of violence against others which is unacceptable.
That is the most unbelievably idiotic thought process I've ever heard. So clearly I must be a criminal intent on committing mass murder because I carry a sidearm and knives? Never mind that I've never been convicted of crime of any kind, and have passed numerous federal and state backgrounds on a regular basis?

And I know quite a few Australians, and I've never heard one of them utter such nonsense. They are all in the military though, so maybe that is the difference. They are "sheep dogs" and not "sheep." You are clearly one of the "sheep."

Quote:
We do not ban sharp knives because they can be used as a weapon. Every house in the country has plenty of them for valid purposes (cutting the Xmas ham for example!). But we do ban most types of guns because they can be nothing but a weapon.
So you use a knife to carve a ham? How about using a firearm to shoot the pig, so that you can have your Christmas ham? So now the firearm is a tool, used to put food on the table. You can use a firearm for target shooting. It is even an Olympic SPORT. Try to control your breathing and heart rate to such levels that you can put a shot into 3mm at 50m (using the metric system for you.) I've just given you two examples of firearms not being used soley as "weapons." They are multi-purpose tools, and not simply just "weapons."

Quote:
Yes, there are people who will always work outside these laws. Can we change that - history tells us we can't. So we return to the first point......
Uh, what? Are you saying that since some people will always operate outside the law, one way to indentify them is to see if they are carrying weapons? So carrying a weapon is a defacto indicator of the willingness to commit crimes? Wow, just wow.
2013 Ducati Multistrada Touring S, Red
Appreciate 0
      12-28-2008, 08:36 PM   #61
Glacked
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 328i

Desantis makes/made a car holster. Never liked the idea of it.

I've found the sport seats a little uncomfortable with a few of my holsters. If I'm driving the E90, I'll carry my Kahr PM9 in an IWB. Now that I primarily drive my Sierra, having anything on my side is no problem and have gone back to my Glocks and HKs.

I have also found that wearing it in the E90 causes some denting of the leather. Not that it doesn't go back, mind you. I figure it'd begin to show wear with repeated use.

I have seen one of my coworkers with this in his personal vehicle. Never asked him what he thought of it or saw it more than once. I do not like the idea of the weapon being off my person at any time. It does me no good being in the vehicle if I need it and I'm out pumping gas. He told me he places it back in his normal holster if he is getting out... no point in all that, I say. I also do not like the Fobus holsters. Cheap crap that will fail under hard use. Three guys, one I knew, were killed when one of them, wearing a Fobus, was the victim of a gun-grab a few years ago. Takes under a second to defeat them.

http://www.fobusholster.com/products...T-2641-61.html
Appreciate 0
      12-28-2008, 08:40 PM   #62
johnnymu
Warranty Killer
Taiwan
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrad01 View Post
What a mad country!!!

This magical "right to bare arms" is from the 1700s when you actually needed a gun to survive. Now? Not so much.... Everyone in America seems to live in fear of the other guy who has a gun and think they are free!!!!

If you REALLY treasure freedom - get out of America and go somewhere else where you are actually free - not told by the media that you are...

Yes, I also agree it's a mad country but what do you really expect from the leading weapons supplying country? Like I said there is no right or wrong on this issue, it's either you want to protect yourself or you don't.

I'll give you example of my situation. I live in a neighborhood that crime rate is very high, in fact you can call it a hood at one point. Gang banger at night would walk the street and shoot pistols in the air like the wild west, funny thing is cops never show up to investigate. Just three weeks ago the street I live on was close down cause of a homicide. Supposely, drug price has gone up so the seller got upset.

Economy has effected this city where 400+ inmates were release due to no funding in jails, up to 2400 will be release up to feb. 200 jobs were cut already in the police department.
So personaly, I feel I have the rights to protect my family even if have to use violence force.

Appreciate 0
      12-28-2008, 08:40 PM   #63
Glacked
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 328i

Scollins, arguing with the sheep will never work. To them, the sheep dog looks the same as the wolf - until, of course, the wolf comes knocking. Seen it a thousand times and am never amazed at how it looks. Just a normal day at the office now.
Appreciate 0
      12-28-2008, 08:47 PM   #64
FStop7
I like cars
Vatican City State
Rep
Drives: M6

Quote:
...only in America!!!
Hardly.

Switzerland has some pretty fun gun laws, too.

This is the first mod that anyone should do to their BMW:

Appreciate 0
      12-28-2008, 08:52 PM   #65
FStop7
I like cars
Vatican City State
Rep
Drives: M6

Quote:
What a mad country!!!

Do you realize how turnip truck, trailer park ignorant you sound?
Appreciate 0
      12-28-2008, 09:30 PM   #66
lauer87
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 335xi

The center console holds my Glock 17 9mm perfectly
Appreciate 0