BMW X5
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

10-21-2022, 07:03 PM   #1
SQ
Rep
Drives: BMW X5 M50i

Stay away from this Wrap Shop, for folks in Dallas, DFW area(maybe AZ and FL as well)

Update:

After I left google review during the weekend, the manager called me today and asked me to delete the review, otherwise they won't pay for the cost of the repairs, and all the sudden, I noticed some good review pops up in recent two weeks and some of the bad reviews were removed. Of course, I didn't accept that. Then the conversation is closed again.

Pushed for getting the refund for all labor costs which is about $3,000, and cost of the repairs around $1,300(cheapest quote so far from a BMW certified body shop), plus refund for the window tint.

Hi Folks,

Just want to share this Extreme Terrible Experience with you guys while you are looking for PPFs.

Name of the shop: Supreme Wraps Dallas. They also have location in FL and AZ.

In August, I took my brand new 2022 BMW X5 M50i here to get PPF, paid $6,500 for full car PPF, window tint and ceramic coating(see attached photos). Guess what, I received my car back with paint damage, and all other damages listed below.

Damaged items:
- Exterior and interior driver side front door paint damage(see attached photos), how ridiculous was that, wanted PPF to protect the paint but got damaged because of that.

- Driver side door Interior trim piece damage(see attached photo), they broke several door trim pieces, and improperly installed door panel, resulting in my folding mirror and window control and speakers out of order.

- Door panel leather damage(See attached photo)
Passenger side door Interior trim piece damage, the speaker cover was stretched.(see attached photo)

Unprofessional work:
- I paid for full car PPF, first time I received car, rear bumper and B-pillar is not covered(they initially claim they don't have the cut in their computer program, but later on I asked them to check it, and then we found there is a cut there)

- Window tint is bad, dirt stuck on the films, uneven lines on the films, even they tried to redo it once, but still bad, and left excessive glue residue because of that.

- After I point out the the scratch paint under the door panel, they asked me to let them fix that, they claim to have really professional worker to do so, but the fix was awful (see attached photo)

None of these issues were informed to me, if I don't check the car myself, they were just pretend those never happened.

I don't know how many times I took the car to their site to get the problem fixed, each time not only old issues didn't get solved properly but they even created new issues.
Later, they thought they couldn't fix the door panel issues, so they sent me to the dealer to get the problem fixed.

Now, the paint issue hasn't been solved, the owner called me and said again they will find someone with so called "professional experience" to fix the issue. But a day later nobody has ever contacted me.

During the entire process, nobody is willing to reach out, I have to constantly ask for updates, even though most of my messages still get ignored, phone calls get ignored, I have to drive to the site to talk to someone.

Side note: I notice those some of the good reviews were commented from the employee works here(see attached photo)

In the end, don't waste your time and money, STAY AWAY in this shop!

Check out all the images in this folder https://drive.google.com/drive/folde...ge?usp=sharing

Last edited by SQ; 10-24-2022 at 06:18 PM..
Appreciate 3
lexttu61.00
eelnoraa2032.50
FiatLux11.50
      10-21-2022, 08:10 PM   #2
weinerbarn
Unapologetic Tool Hoarder
Rep
Drives: 2020 X5 M Competition

You need to decide what your end game is first and what will make you satisfied. I personally would not let them touch the vehicle again if you've had so many issues and lack of communication. You probably need to take it somewhere like the dealer and get a repair estimate for all of the items they have damaged. At minimum I would make a written demand (probably involving an attorney) for these repairs. The other factor is whether or not you want to be refunded or in some way compensated for the actual PPF, tint and ceramic. Figure out which pieces were or not done to your satisfaction and put that in your demand.
Appreciate 0
      10-21-2022, 08:55 PM   #3
SQ
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by weinerbarn View Post
You need to decide what your end game is first and what will make you satisfied. I personally would not let them touch the vehicle again if you've had so many issues and lack of communication. You probably need to take it somewhere like the dealer and get a repair estimate for all of the items they have damaged. At minimum I would make a written demand (probably involving an attorney) for these repairs. The other factor is whether or not you want to be refunded or in some way compensated for the actual PPF, tint and ceramic. Figure out which pieces were or not done to your satisfaction and put that in your demand.
Thanks for the advise! Yup, I am going to do so, the problem is I guess they probably going to ignore me again or saying they going find some so called professional worker to do the paint job, then I have no choice but pursue legal action on small claim court

Last edited by SQ; 10-21-2022 at 09:04 PM..
Appreciate 0
      10-21-2022, 09:09 PM   #4
weinerbarn
Unapologetic Tool Hoarder
Rep
Drives: 2020 X5 M Competition

Quote:
Originally Posted by SQ View Post
Thanks for the advise! Yup, I am going to do so, the problem is I guess they probably going to ignore me again, then I have no choice but pursue legal action on small claim court
You can probably get a lawyer to send a letter with your demands without filing a lawsuit initially. It will cost you a little bit of money but save you much headache later on. This often times is enough to get their attention. But you probably need to get estimates first so you know what your demand will be. The problem with going it alone at this point is I'm sure there are time limits and other things that could affect your claim and if they are already ignoring you, I can see them stalling as long as possible. Once you file a lawsuit, they have to respond or they lose by default. Not a lawyer by the way.
Appreciate 1
FiatLux11.50
      10-21-2022, 09:15 PM   #5
P1
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 2004 3/4 ton Duramax

Frustrating to read. Unfortunately, a lot of shops jumped on the PPF, wrap and ceramic coating train and a lot of them are great at hyping themselves up but do subpar work or showcase vehicles that weren't done by them. Before selecting my PPF place, I personally reached out to people that had gotten their cars done there and how satisfied they were. Then I visited the shop and met the owners. At that point, I was at ease.

In your case, I suggest you get an estimate put together by a reputable place to get all the damage fixed and hand that over to the manager or owner of Supreme Wraps.

There is so much margin that in that $6,500. They can easily make this right for you. One poor online review will make people not take a second look and can cost them dearly.

Before stepping to a lawyer or mentioning the "s" word, give them a final chance to make it right. If and when they don't, take the next step.
Appreciate 2
FiatLux11.50
SQ19.00
      10-22-2022, 08:11 AM   #6
streborx
Major
Rep
Drives: 2022 BMW X7 M50i

What's a "warp shop" (lol)?
Appreciate 0
      10-22-2022, 08:32 AM   #7
scungilio
Banned
Rep
Drives: bmw x5

Some well done "wraps" are really cool and look fantastic. I have considered this treatment in various colors and finishes but just can't bring myself to the point of letting a bunch of tatooed losers tear one of my my 100K+ new vehicles apart. A full wrap is not a minimally invasive procedure, quite the contrary.
Appreciate 1
FiatLux11.50
      10-22-2022, 08:45 AM   #8
SQ
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by weinerbarn View Post
You can probably get a lawyer to send a letter with your demands without filing a lawsuit initially. It will cost you a little bit of money but save you much headache later on. This often times is enough to get their attention. But you probably need to get estimates first so you know what your demand will be. The problem with going it alone at this point is I'm sure there are time limits and other things that could affect your claim and if they are already ignoring you, I can see them stalling as long as possible. Once you file a lawsuit, they have to respond or they lose by default. Not a lawyer by the way.
Totally agree, will get the estimate from dealer and consult with a lawyer. Much appreciated!🙏
Appreciate 1
FiatLux11.50
      10-22-2022, 08:55 AM   #9
SQ
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by P1 View Post
Frustrating to read. Unfortunately, a lot of shops jumped on the PPF, wrap and ceramic coating train and a lot of them are great at hyping themselves up but do subpar work or showcase vehicles that weren't done by them. Before selecting my PPF place, I personally reached out to people that had gotten their cars done there and how satisfied they were. Then I visited the shop and met the owners. At that point, I was at ease.

In your case, I suggest you get an estimate put together by a reputable place to get all the damage fixed and hand that over to the manager or owner of Supreme Wraps.

There is so much margin that in that $6,500. They can easily make this right for you. One poor online review will make people not take a second look and can cost them dearly.

Before stepping to a lawyer or mentioning the "s" word, give them a final chance to make it right. If and when they don't, take the next step.
I almost did the same thing when finding the shop. Everything seems very promising until I got the car back. Before entering the shop, randomly met a guy just get his PPF installed, he said they did a good job on his car, then I believed him 🥲. Also, the shop show cases their work on some really high end and luxury cars

Sure, $6,500 is a lot more over priced, I thought I am paying more for the quality of the work, turns out it’s a total waste.

Thanks for the advice here!
Appreciate 0
      10-22-2022, 08:59 AM   #10
SQ
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by streborx View Post
What's a "warp shop" (lol)?
😂 Was a typo there, fixed. But they should name themselves as “warp shop” as the quality of their work is awful
Appreciate 0
      10-22-2022, 09:05 AM   #11
SQ
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by scungilio View Post
Some well done "wraps" are really cool and look fantastic. I have considered this treatment in various colors and finishes but just can't bring myself to the point of letting a bunch of tatooed losers tear one of my my 100K+ new vehicles apart. A full wrap is not a minimally invasive procedure, quite the contrary.
Yes, if the job can be done correctly and professionally the outcome will look really cool.

Looks like some people just don’t care if it’s not their car, they just want to get the “job done”. Made mistakes here and there, then pretend nothing happened as long as the job is done.
Appreciate 0
      10-22-2022, 05:18 PM   #12
Benjamin_Nicholas
BEAST? ... How dare you.
Rep
Drives: BMW, Porsche

Depending on what the damages are valued at, you can sue.

And I would.
2023 BMW X5M
2020 BMW M340i (retired)
Appreciate 1
      10-22-2022, 08:22 PM   #13
frankshhh
Private
Rep
Drives: 2018 C63S, 2023 X5 45E

I feel your frustration. Will avoid that shop!
Appreciate 0
      10-22-2022, 09:22 PM   #14
jiggie
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW X5 45e

Quote:
Hi Folks,

Just want to share this Extreme Terrible Experience with you guys while you are looking for PPFs.

Name of the shop: Supreme Wraps Dallas. They also have location in FL and AZ.

In August, I took my brand new 2022 BMW X5 M50i here to get PPF, paid $6,500 for full car PPF, window tint and ceramic coating(see attached photos). Guess what, I received my car back with paint damage, and all other damages listed below.

Damaged items:
- Exterior and interior driver side front door paint damage(see attached photos), how ridiculous was that, wanted PPF to protect the paint but got damaged because of that.

- Driver side door Interior trim piece damage(see attached photo), they broke several door trim pieces, and improperly installed door panel, resulting in my folding mirror and window control and speakers out of order.

- Door panel leather damage(See attached photo)
Passenger side door Interior trim piece damage, the speaker cover was stretched.(see attached photo)

Unprofessional work:
- I paid for full car PPF, first time I received car, rear bumper and B-pillar is not covered(they initially claim they don't have the cut in their computer program, but later on I asked them to check it, and then we found there is a cut there)

- Window tint is bad, dirt stuck on the films, uneven lines on the films, even they tried to redo it once, but still bad, and left excessive glue residue because of that.

- After I point out the the scratch paint under the door panel, they asked me to let them fix that, they claim to have really professional worker to do so, but the fix was awful (see attached photo)

None of these issues were informed to me, if I don't check the car myself, they were just pretend those never happened.

I don't know how many times I took the car to their site to get the problem fixed, each time not only old issues didn't get solved properly but they even created new issues.
Later, they thought they couldn't fix the door panel issues, so they sent me to the dealer to get the problem fixed.

Now, the paint issue hasn't been solved, the owner called me and said again they will find someone with so called "professional experience" to fix the issue. But a day later nobody has ever contacted me.

During the entire process, nobody is willing to reach out, I have to constantly ask for updates, even though most of my messages still get ignored, phone calls get ignored, I have to drive to the site to talk to someone.

Side note: I notice those some of the good reviews were commented from the employee works here(see attached photo)

In the end, don't waste your time and money, STAY AWAY in this shop!

Check out all the images in this folder https://drive.google.com/drive/folde...ge?usp=sharing
The ones up in Frisco across from NFM? That's wild. We had ours wrapped there.
Appreciate 0
      10-22-2022, 09:29 PM   #15
SQ
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benjamin_Nicholas View Post

And I would.
Sure thing
Appreciate 0
      10-22-2022, 09:30 PM   #16
SQ
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by frankshhh View Post
I feel your frustration. Will avoid that shop!
: )
Appreciate 0
      10-22-2022, 09:31 PM   #17
SQ
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by jiggie View Post
yup, you must be lucky, glad you didn't run into any of those.
Appreciate 0
      10-22-2022, 09:37 PM   #18
jiggie
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
yup, you must be lucky, glad you didn't run into any of those.
Yeah, we had ours done back in April. They were pretty aggressive for business and had some pretty high $$ vehicles in there they were working on when we were there. We didn't do a full wrap though, we just did the front and rocker panels. We just got a new X5 a few weeks ago and I wanted to get the front and wrapped again, but really didn't want to go back out to Frisco because we live over east of Dallas (Rockwall), now I def. know not to go back.

It seems like there's not a whole lot of shops around that do wraps either for such a large metro area.

Either way, that totally sucks. I wonder what techs did that 😞
Appreciate 0
      10-22-2022, 11:42 PM   #19
ST3
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: F90 M5

Quote:

And I would.
Everyone will approach this differently and have various levels of patience. Engaging a lawyer/seeking council would be the last thing I would do after exhausting all other means of resolution. Getting a lawyer involved too early could extend resolution and cost. My 2c
Appreciate 0
      10-23-2022, 02:26 AM   #20
jiggie
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ST3 View Post
Quote:

And I would.
Everyone will approach this differently and have various levels of patience. Engaging a lawyer/seeking council would be the last thing I would do after exhausting all other means of resolution. Getting a lawyer involved too early could extend resolution and cost. My 2c
This.
Appreciate 0
      10-23-2022, 07:18 PM   #21
SQ
Rep

Quote:
Yeah, we had ours done back in April. They were pretty aggressive for business and had some pretty high $$ vehicles in there they were working on when we were there. We didn't do a full wrap though, we just did the front and rocker panels. We just got a new X5 a few weeks ago and I wanted to get the front and wrapped again, but really didn't want to go back out to Frisco because we live over east of Dallas (Rockwall), now I def. know not to go back.

It seems like there's not a whole lot of shops around that do wraps either for such a large metro area.

Either way, that totally sucks. I wonder what techs did that 😞
Yup, they even asked for a non-refundable deposit for holding the spot. I also saw some high end cars there, everything looks really promising until there is a problem.
Appreciate 0
      10-23-2022, 07:41 PM   #22
White340
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2018 M3 Comp / 2022 X5 45e

If the only option is a full repaint of the panels, are you really going to do that? Your factory paint is still better with the scratch than a repaint of a metallic paint.
Appreciate 0