BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

01-25-2022, 02:11 PM   #1
cantgobak
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 Audi S4

Destination address sent from My BMW not received in vehicle

My wife and I have separate account login for My BMW app installed on each of our phone and we setup the only one BMW (2022 X5) with the same VIN#. Here's the problem she's running into, when she sends destination address via the app on her phone, the vehicle never receives notification from her. I have no problem when sending from my phone using my account login. I called BMW Assist, I was told it currently does not support "secondary" owner??? Well, this worked on my previous 2018 X5, so BMW is designing products/features that's going backwards (less convenient, less thoughtful, less customer friendly)?? The case has been escalated for further investigation and someone should call me back after about a week.

For those who had called BMW Genius or BMW Assist before knows it's hit or miss to get someone who's knowledgeable and well trained on their products/features. This rep I spoke with just did not know what she was talking about and went back and forth with confusing responses…

Anyone else runs into the same problem or knows if it is by design or known issue or problem(bug) or maybe I didn't do something right?
Appreciate 0
      01-26-2022, 03:37 PM   #2
Sonny185
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2024 X5 50e LCI

Garage List
2024 X5 50e  [0.00]
2024 X5 40i  [0.00]
With the new iDrive (started in 2019) I don't believe you are able to accomplish what you want. Your 2018 was running on NBT2 OS for the auto, and you could make that work that as far as I know. There were other issues with NBT2 that iDrive solved. iDrive is leaps & bounds ahead of NBT2. When there is a change there is always a plus and minus to the changes.
Appreciate 1
      01-26-2022, 04:18 PM   #3
WhereItsAt
Constantly Learning
United_States
Rep
Drives: Four Wheels

Our family members have their own mybmw account and we have each others cars on each others accounts. For the destination to work, the user must have the user created on the car and linked to their account and that user must be selected and active in the car.
Appreciate 1
      01-26-2022, 04:31 PM   #4
nZtiZia
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: eVeRyOnE mAD!

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by cantgobak View Post
My wife and I have separate account login for My BMW app installed on each of our phone and we setup the only one BMW (2022 X5) with the same VIN#. Here's the problem she's running into, when she sends destination address via the app on her phone, the vehicle never receives notification from her. I have no problem when sending from my phone using my account login. I called BMW Assist, I was told it currently does not support "secondary" owner???
my wife and I each also have our own MyBMW app login credentials. i have the X5 and she has the 540i and both vehicles are added in the Garage in the app on each of our phones. i set it up as follows:

on my phone, I'm registered as primary for the X5 and secondary for the 540i. on my wife's phone, she's registered as secondary for the X5 and primary for the 540i

today, I drove her 540i. again, I'm registered as the secondary driver. i was able to send an address from my app to the 540i without issue; retrieved under the Recent Destinations folder.
Attached Images

Appreciate 1
      01-26-2022, 06:40 PM   #5
cantgobak
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Ah, got it. It's tied to the profile in the system on 2022 as opposed to 2018, there is not a profile concept except it's only tied to the key fob…. Thanks guys!
Appreciate 0
      01-30-2022, 08:26 PM   #6
GerryC
Captain
Rep
Drives: BMW Z4 M40i, BMW X5x40i

Garage List
Quote:
Ah, got it. It's tied to the profile in the system on 2022 as opposed to 2018, there is not a profile concept except it's only tied to the key fob…. Thanks guys!
Yeah. I found that out the hard way. If I send it to the car, it's only visible from my profile. I kinda get it, but it would be nice if I could send a destination directly to the car for my wife. Now I just send it to her phone and she can load it.

Gerry
      01-31-2022, 12:46 PM   #7
cantgobak
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by GerryC View Post
Quote:
Yeah. I found that out the hard way. If I send it to the car, it's only visible from my profile. I kinda get it, but it would be nice if I could send a destination directly to the car for my wife. Now I just send it to her phone and she can load it.

Gerry
Yea, but to me it's a step backwards or poor logic. Why not make it for users to choose whether to send it to all or specific profiles? After all, it's a family vehicle isn't it?
Ah I get it now, it's for privacy concerns…. BMW doesn't want your other half to know where you went, places where your other half shouldn't know about…. That must be it…
Appreciate 0
      01-31-2022, 06:22 PM   #8
GerryC
Captain
Rep
Drives: BMW Z4 M40i, BMW X5x40i

Garage List
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by GerryC View Post
Quote:

Gerry
Yea, but to me it's a step backwards or poor logic. Why not make it for users to choose whether to send it to all or specific profiles? After all, it's a family vehicle isn't it?
Ah I get it now, it's for privacy concerns…. BMW doesn't want your other half to know where you went, places where your other half shouldn't know about…. That must be it…
But… Today my wife sent a destination to the car for a trip she has to take Wednesday. I get in the car and it immediately pops up on the screen "Accept destination?" I accepted it so it would be in memory and then cancelled navigation.

It appears that it works when it wants to. Maybe the AI is schizophrenic.

Gerry