Quote:
Originally Posted by VTENGR View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by atl_1M View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Auricom View Post
Quote:
I just realized that the bmw USA my garage and mdecoder site don't show the anthracite matte poplar trim even though my order form that I signed did? Should I be concerned or do they always exclude trim from this info?
Does it show?
S4KTA Fine Wood Poplar AnthBrown Openpored
It shows S4KR fine line wood.. I thought this may be bc that's the standard trim and the system doesn't capture changes to this no cost option?? Now I'm worried.
Yes I would be concerned.
Dammit.. I've reached out to my SA. Anyone run into this issue before? At least it's scheduled for PCD over a month from now so it hasn't left the factory.
My SA just texted me back saying he'll look into it tomorrow but if a mistake was made on the build then he'd have to reorder the car. WTH
Appreciate 0
      12-22-2019, 10:42 AM   #24
VTENGR
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2020 X5 M50i

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
I just realized that the bmw USA my garage and mdecoder site don't show the anthracite matte poplar trim even though my order form that I signed did? Should I be concerned or do they always exclude trim from this info?
Does it show?
S4KTA Fine Wood Poplar AnthBrown Openpored
It shows S4KR fine line wood.. I thought this may be bc that's the standard trim and the system doesn't capture changes to this no cost option?? Now I'm worried.
Yes I would be concerned.
Dammit.. I've reached out to my SA. Anyone run into this issue before? At least it's scheduled for PCD over a month from now so it hasn't left the factory.
My SA just texted me back saying he'll look into it tomorrow but if a mistake was made on the build then he'd have to reorder the car. WTH
It's probably going to push back your PCD date.
Appreciate 0
      12-22-2019, 01:38 PM   #25
atl_1M
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: '11 1M, '20 X5 40i

Quote:
Just curious, does the matte trim show on the bmwusa my garage site for you?
Appreciate 0
      12-22-2019, 01:39 PM   #26
VTENGR
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Yes.
Appreciate 1
atl_1M1520.00
      12-22-2019, 01:45 PM   #27
atl_1M
Major
United_States
Rep

Smh, what do you guys suggest I do? I’ve asked if they could swap the trim at the factory, performance center, or dealer and am waiting to hear back. I doubt they’ll accomodate. If they have to submit a new order I’m guessing I’ll be pushed back another 3-4 weeks...
Appreciate 0
      12-22-2019, 03:02 PM   #28
Auricom
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 X5 xDrive40i M Sport

Quote:
Smh, what do you guys suggest I do? I've asked if they could swap the trim at the factory, performance center, or dealer and am waiting to hear back. I doubt they'll accomodate. If they have to submit a new order I'm guessing I'll be pushed back another 3-4 weeks...
Swapping trim wouldn't be possible at the Performance Center as they're only set up for delivery. They can assist with small fixes but nothing as significant as a trim swap.

The heavy lifting would be through your dealer who'd need to contact factory. Also the new trim in G Series vehicles aren't was simple as in the past as they'd need to pop clips that hold it and cut the trim tab that is pushed through the dash.

Other option is to take delivery and have you dealer compensate you for the f'up. The other would be they'd need to order a new vehicle.

Appreciate 1
atl_1M1520.00
      12-22-2019, 03:13 PM   #29
atl_1M
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Smh, what do you guys suggest I do? I've asked if they could swap the trim at the factory, performance center, or dealer and am waiting to hear back. I doubt they'll accomodate. If they have to submit a new order I'm guessing I'll be pushed back another 3-4 weeks...
Swapping trim wouldn't be possible at the Performance Center as they're only set up for delivery. They can assist with small fixes but nothing as significant as a trim swap.

The heavy lifting would be through your dealer who'd need to contact factory. Also the new trim in G Series vehicles aren't was simple as in the past as they'd need to pop clips that hold it and cut the trim tab that is pushed through the dash.

Other option is to take delivery and have you dealer compensate you for the f'up. The other would be they'd need to order a new vehicle.
Thanks. I'm going to see if dealer will compensate me for having to wait longer to submit a new order. Not sure what's reasonable but I'm going to ask for another 1% off. I may use this opportunity to add the leather dash to the build also.
Appreciate 1
Auricom4349.50
      12-22-2019, 03:58 PM   #30
VTENGR
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Yes.
Actually My Garage doesn't list any trim options. Kind of strange.

Edit: nevermind I see it under standard features.
Appreciate 0
      12-22-2019, 04:06 PM   #31
atl_1M
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Actually My Garage doesn't list any trim options. Kind of strange.

Edit: nevermind I see it under standard features.
Yeah, it shows the fineline wood under my standard features section.
Appreciate 0
      12-24-2019, 09:17 AM   #32
atl_1M
Major
United_States
Rep

As an update, the trim option was indeed entered incorrectly by the dealer and the car can not be changed. So I will be placing a new order and my PCD will likely be pushed back to late February or early March. I did use this opportunity to get another $500 off and also add the leather dashboard to my order. The wait begins again...
Appreciate 0
      12-24-2019, 09:31 AM   #33
Wxnatscaps
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2020 X5 40i Arctic Grey

Quote:
As an update, the trim option was indeed entered incorrectly by the dealer and the car can not be changed. So I will be placing a new order and my PCD will likely be pushed back to late February or early March. I did use this opportunity to get another $500 off and also add the leather dashboard to my order. The wait begins again...
While it sucks adding more time to the wait, I’m glad you caught it so they could fix it. And saving $500 while adding the leather dash is good too! Another potential plus is perhaps there are better incentives in February or March.
Appreciate 1
atl_1M1520.00
      12-24-2019, 10:41 AM   #34
Auricom
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 X5 xDrive40i M Sport

Quote:
Glad they compensated you for the trouble. You'll love the leather dashboard and it'll be worth the wait!

Appreciate 1
atl_1M1520.00
      12-30-2019, 03:45 PM   #35
atl_1M
Major
United_States
Rep

Dealer says they can't submit the order since the factory is closed but will do so after New Years. Is that true?
Appreciate 0
      12-30-2019, 06:05 PM   #36
Wxnatscaps
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Dealer says they can't submit the order since the factory is closed but will do so after New Years. Is that true?
Hmm, perhaps others are better suited to answer that but to me, it sounds like they don’t have another allocation until early January.
Appreciate 1
atl_1M1520.00
      12-30-2019, 07:26 PM   #37
atl_1M
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wxnatscaps View Post
Quote:
Hmm, perhaps others are better suited to answer that but to me, it sounds like they don’t have another allocation until early January.
They claimed they had an allocation available with an early February build when I spoke to them last week after uncovering the error they made on the first car. I hope they're not giving me the runaround. First I was told they'd submit the order today but when I asked for an update they stated they'd place it after New Years when the factory reopens. Based on what I know the factory doesn't reopen on Jan 2nd so if they do place the order that day then it means they didn't have any allocation available to begin with.. I just want this new order submitted to get the process going again.
Appreciate 0
      01-07-2020, 05:03 PM   #38
atl_1M
Major
United_States
Rep

Need to vent here again. Dealer still doesn't have an X5 allocation to place the new order, and reached out to BMW USA but they haven't been of any help yet either. I'm over it. Maybe I should just cancel the order...
Appreciate 0
      01-07-2020, 05:07 PM   #39
GOLFFRR
Rep
Drives: GOLFFRR cart

thats an awesome build! something similar to what I would do for sure. love the black on black look on the x5

BEFORE YOU BUY YOUR NEXT BMW, EMAIL OUR GUY KOTE FIRST!
Kote M Sales:Kotem@bmwofcamarillo.com Cell:805-368-9101
vipfinance@bmwofcamarillo.com for warranties!
Appreciate 0
      01-07-2020, 06:57 PM   #40
karateboi87
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2020 X5 40i

Quote:
Need to vent here again. Dealer still doesn't have an X5 allocation to place the new order, and reached out to BMW USA but they haven't been of any help yet either. I'm over it. Maybe I should just cancel the order...
Or go with a different dealer unless you have an unbeatable deal?
Appreciate 0
      01-07-2020, 08:13 PM   #41
atl_1M
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by karateboi87 View Post
Quote:
Or go with a different dealer unless you have an unbeatable deal?
Deal is good but isn't unbeatable. Basically 10.6% off plus finance, loyalty, and penfed incentive (at least they claim it will work for now) but with $799 doc fee and 3.49% interest rate. Finance rate not as huge of a deal since I'll be paying down most of it. If you have a dealer contact offering similar, please let me know so I can see if they have any allocations available.
Appreciate 0
      01-07-2020, 08:15 PM   #42
karateboi87
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2020 X5 40i

Quote:
Deal is good but isn't unbeatable. Basically 10.6% off plus finance, loyalty, and penfed incentive (at least they claim it will work for now) but with $799 doc fee and 3.49% interest rate. Finance rate not as huge of a deal since I'll be paying down most of it. If you have a dealer contact offering similar, please let me know so I can see if they have any allocations available.
I know my dealer doesn't because another member ordered after me (a few days or a week) and has been waiting for an allocation for weeks now, despite them promising it'd be first week of January.

I think you can try Sterling as I've heard they are aggressive too. I don't know if they have any allocations however. Also you might have to fight your current dealer on the non-refundable deposit.
Appreciate 1
atl_1M1520.00
      01-07-2020, 08:17 PM   #43
atl_1M
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by karateboi87 View Post
Quote:
I know my dealer doesn't because another member ordered after me (a few days or a week) and has been waiting for an allocation for weeks now, despite them promising it'd be first week of January.

I think you can try Sterling as I've heard they are aggressive too. I don't know if they have any allocations however. Also you might have to fight your current dealer on the non-refundable deposit.
Sounds like there's just a shortage of allocations all around. I wonder if this is typical after the new year with a backlog of orders that have been waiting to go through. I guess I'll just keep waiting for now...
Appreciate 0
      01-07-2020, 08:17 PM   #44
Wxnatscaps
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Have you contacted the Sales Manager (or whatever Manager at the dealer is in charge of builds)? I would escalate to them if you haven’t already to see what they can do to get an allocation. They should be able to reach out to dealers in the area to try to trade an allocation.

If you are still getting the run around from them, I would request to cancel your order and get your deposit back (if you put a deposit down). Since you are doing PCD, you can essentially go to any dealer - unless you got some kind of amazing deal that you don’t think you can replicate.

While your experience has been pretty dreadful, I’m coming up on 30 days since placing my order and no allocation (granted, they told me early January order with February up front so I’m not mad...yet). I’m apparently now #1 on the list and they are expecting the allocation tomorrow so we’ll see.

Good luck to you! Keep us posted.

ETA: just saw your post above with your deal. Sent you a PM.

Last edited by Wxnatscaps; 01-07-2020 at 08:28 PM..
Appreciate 1
atl_1M1520.00