BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

02-20-2020, 08:30 AM   #23
mkoesel
United_States
Rep
Drives: No BMW for now

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alfisti View Post
Right but they have RHD products, this is why the europeans and japanese are so strong
Ford has RHD products and so does FCA. Ford is still a top ten automaker in AU.

If the business down under weren't viable, there would be a mass exodus. It isn't happening. GM is punting, and it's a mistake.
Appreciate 0
      02-20-2020, 08:32 AM   #24
Alfisti
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2008 Saab 9-3 Combi

BUT THEY HAVE RHD PRODUCT.

Not sure how else to frame it, Gm does not have RHD product, the other marques do. So GM was having to convert to RHD just for OZ and it made no sense.

To give you an idea, the Equinox cost nearly 50% more than it did in the USA, it was eaten alive by Japanese SUV.
Appreciate 0
      02-20-2020, 09:08 AM   #25
mkoesel
United_States
Rep
Drives: No BMW for now

Quote:
BUT THEY HAVE RHD PRODUCT.
Nonsense. They package protect the vehicle program for RHD. It's not a magic trick. Sure, if your business was built in a nation that drives on the left side, then you had to do it anyway. But not every automaker is, and they still build the damn cars.

Furthermore, GM absolutely does have RHD product just like the others in the game. And they do because they build it that way. And they build it that way because they want to be in those markets. It's that simple.

They are bailing out because their sales have plummeted. Instead of manning up and coming up with better product, they are bailing. That is what's happening here. That's what's going on.
Appreciate 1
Viffermike1753.00
      03-04-2020, 08:26 AM   #26
N54Yankee
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: N54 135|Cobb|M3 control arms

Too bad Holdens run is stopping in AU, but they haven’t had anything interesting performance wise in some years. On the bright side, 2021 will bring the C8 Corvette with the controls on the wrong side of the cockpit for you guys.
"The Constitution was never construed to authorize Congress to infringe the just liberty of the press, or the rights of conscience; or to prevent the people of the United States, who are peaceable citizens, from keeping their own arms.” Samuel Adams
Appreciate 0
      03-04-2020, 09:16 AM   #27
Alfisti
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by N54Yankee View Post
Too bad Holdens run is stopping in AU, but they haven’t had anything interesting performance wise in some years. On the bright side, 2021 will bring the C8 Corvette with the controls on the wrong side of the cockpit for you guys.
Huh?? They had a ton of serious performance sedans. That was the one thing they had.
Appreciate 0
      03-04-2020, 12:16 PM   #28
N54Yankee
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: N54 135|Cobb|M3 control arms

Quote:
Huh?? They had a ton of serious performance sedans. That was the one thing they had.
You’re talking past tense and so was I. “They haven’t had anything interesting performance wise in some years” I typed.
To the best of my knowledge they haven’t put a Chevy V8 in any of their models since 2017, that would be some years. They had their hot version of the GTO LS2 but that’s been gone for years and the Commodore also gave up the V8. Those were interesting, nothing interests me now.
"The Constitution was never construed to authorize Congress to infringe the just liberty of the press, or the rights of conscience; or to prevent the people of the United States, who are peaceable citizens, from keeping their own arms.” Samuel Adams
Appreciate 0
      03-05-2020, 11:46 AM   #29
Viffermike
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: '18 black-n-blue 718 Cayman

In light of this, I find it hilarious that pre-season promos on Fox for the AFL (Australian Football League) feature a Holden race car being driven by a couple of AFL commentators. I wonder how long that will last before being pulled ...

(St. Kilda fan here. Yes, I suffer yearly. Hoping we finish mid-pack this season.)
Appreciate 0
      03-06-2020, 08:03 AM   #30
Alfisti
Brigadier General
Rep

St Kilda.. .jesus. I am an Eels fan but you take the cake re. suffering.
Appreciate 1
Viffermike1753.00