BMW X5
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

02-20-2020, 10:29 AM   #45
Viperz7
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW X5 30d; Audi A6 3.0Tdi

Thumbs up Exclusivity for the X5

The sky lounge is definitely worth it. It gives the car interior more character and really makes it come alive during the night. Just go ahead and get it on you list of options.
Appreciate 0
      02-20-2020, 11:18 AM   #46
Carbonx5
Rep
Drives: S4

I've learned from prior car purchases that if it's something I might remotely want in the future and the cost as an add on initially is significantly less than adding it as an aftermarket piece than I should get it if I can afford it. I've been burned by not getting GPS, reverse cameras, Led headlights etc and wanting them later when it's immensly expensive to add on.

Basically, if you think it's cool and if it's gonna bug you every time you look up that it's not there, get it if the difference in price is not crazy compared to what you've already added on.

My kids love looking at it
Appreciate 0
      02-20-2020, 11:48 AM   #47
RVAGuy
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: ‘20 X5/M50i (ordered); &

Garage List
2014 BMW / 650  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carbonx5 View Post
I've learned from prior car purchases that if it's something I might remotely want in the future and the cost as an add on initially is significantly less than adding it as an aftermarket piece than I should get it if I can afford it. I've been burned by not getting GPS, reverse cameras, Led headlights etc and wanting them later when it's immensly expensive to add on.

Basically, if you think it's cool and if it's gonna bug you every time you look up that it's not there, get it if the difference in price is not crazy compared to what you've already added on.

My kids love looking at it
I agree. I would much prefer having something I don't initially want than regretting later not getting something I may want. Also, on two occasions I've had options come with a vehicle that I originally questioned their existence and subsequently learned to love: heads up display and soft close doors. My take away, never say never.
Appreciate 0
      02-20-2020, 12:46 PM   #48
CMBX23
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 19' X5 50 M-Sport

Garage List
I know this is a long shot but does Anyone know if there's any chance of getting this installed after not having it initially in the build?
Appreciate 0
      02-20-2020, 01:05 PM   #49
RVAGuy
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: ‘20 X5/M50i (ordered); &

Garage List
2014 BMW / 650  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by CMBX23 View Post
I know this is a long shot but does Anyone know if there's any chance of getting this installed after not having it initially in the build?
Have you taken delivery or is vehicle on order?
Appreciate 0
      02-20-2020, 01:09 PM   #50
CMBX23
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 19' X5 50 M-Sport

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by RVAGuy View Post
Have you taken delivery or is vehicle on order?
I’ve taken delivery, it’s a 19’ so I’m not sure it was an option when I got it. I really would like to have it though, very nice feature
Appreciate 0
      02-21-2020, 01:47 PM   #51
Twickers
Private
Rep
Drives: X5 40i on the way

Apologies if this has been covered but is there a way of switching it off whilst having the cabin mood lighting on?
Appreciate 0
      02-23-2020, 04:24 PM   #52
mobilejo
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: G06 X6 40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twickers View Post
Apologies if this has been covered but is there a way of switching it off whilst having the cabin mood lighting on?
I think if you close the sunshade even just a tiny amount (i.e. 99% open still), the sky lounge lights go off. Don't quote me on that though but I'm sure I remember it doing that.
Appreciate 0