First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: X5 G05 50i

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcsa View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by thereef510 View Post
got ours yesterday and listened for 6 hours on the drive back from the PCD. holy crap what a difference! those speakers make you think you're in a large living room. it stays perfectly balanced at ANY volume, doesn't struggle at all. Not one bit. Couldn't be happier. Probably the most extravagant upgrade but it's so so so worth it if you listen to a lot of music. Everyone who listened commented on how good it sounded. It's a shame now that I cant ever put together a build without this system.

Anyone care to share their EQ and sound mode settings?
Thank your for sharing your experience.

I have placed order for M50d with B&W few weeks ago and ever since I wasn't sure if it was worth extra $€. Now, I cannot wait to hear it person

Enjoy it!
make sure to get all your favorite songs loaded in a min USB drive in Flac. HiFi files make a amazing difference, the B&W option is worth every penny.
Appreciate 0
      02-22-2020, 05:39 PM   #90
thereef510
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: '16 X5 35i, '20 X5 40i

has anyone had the opportunity to listen to the burmester sound system offered in the GLE? that one costs even more than this one
Appreciate 0
      02-23-2020, 09:26 PM   #91
Aimster82
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2018 X3 M40i 2019 BMW X5 5.0

Quote:
has anyone had the opportunity to listen to the burmester sound system offered in the GLE? that one costs even more than this one
I have not but based on the specs it has the BMW beat.
Appreciate 0
      06-17-2020, 07:45 PM   #92
Closer01
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW X5 (2020)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mnx5er View Post
Bluetooth isn’t great. USB is the winner for sound quality. I’ve streamed Tidal and it sounds great. Amazon HD should be similar.
Does the X5 take USB-A or C? I just ordered mine, comes in 4-8 weeks. Also what is the max storage size? I have hi-res audio in AAC format.
Appreciate 0
      06-17-2020, 08:06 PM   #93
ElectroGeek
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: X5 G05 50i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Closer01 View Post
Quote:
Bluetooth isn’t great. USB is the winner for sound quality. I’ve streamed Tidal and it sounds great. Amazon HD should be similar.
Does the X5 take USB-A or C? I just ordered mine, comes in 4-8 weeks. Also what is the max storage size? I have hi-res audio in AAC format.
it will accept either A or C, A is next to the cup holders, C is inside the center arm rest.

I've had up to 256gb with no problem
Appreciate 1
      06-17-2020, 08:40 PM   #94
Closer01
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElectroGeek View Post
Quote:
Quote:
Bluetooth isn't great. USB is the winner for sound quality. I've streamed Tidal and it sounds great. Amazon HD should be similar.
it will accept either A or C, A is next to the cup holders, C is inside the center arm rest.

I've had up to 256gb with no problem
Much appreciated! I just ordered a 256GB short/stumpy Sandisk USB 3.1.
      06-17-2020, 09:12 PM   #95
thereef510
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Do you have an iphone? you may like CarPlay better than a USB stick and here's why: Siri. I have a 256gb iphone X and I meticulously loaded all of my music from my CDs onto my phone because I wanted to have it at all times. But with a large collection it can get pretty unwieldy.

But with CarPlay its so convenient to just yell at siri to find some obscure song title or album and have it play. I just keep saying some variation of whatever I can remember the song name or artist is until Siri finds it and plays it. It usually works quite well. or the best feature: 'hey siri play the rest of this album'. Because CarPlay works over wifi, the fidelity of a wired connection is still there for the B&W system.

I know this version of idrive has a voice assistant but in my experience it's slower than Siri. it works, but maybe not as quickly, I havent tested BMW voice search to find and play music. I think CarPlay just works better than the build in player, but by all means try both.
Appreciate 0
      06-17-2020, 09:14 PM   #96
Closer01
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Do you have an iphone? you may like CarPlay better than a USB stick and here's why: Siri. I have a 256gb iphone X and I meticulously loaded all of my music from my CDs onto my phone because I wanted to have it at all times. But with a large collection it can get pretty unwieldy.

But with CarPlay its so convenient to just yell at siri to find some obscure song title or album and have it play... or 'hey siri play the rest of this album'. Because CarPlay works over wifi, the fidelity of a wired connection is still there for the B&W system.

I think it just works better than the build in player, but by all means try both.
I hear ya and I will end up using both for sure. I currently have an 2018 Audi Q5 lease until my X5 comes and I've use CarPlay and SD cards in that car. I just really enjoy the 96/24 and 192/24 files.
      06-17-2020, 09:17 PM   #97
thereef510
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

You'll love it. I'm a big podcasts guy but every time I get in the g05 I just find and listen to music because the B&W system is so good. I find things in my collection I haven't heard in years. I'm very excited for you to get yours!
Appreciate 1
      06-19-2020, 09:11 AM   #98
jukedogg
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2020 BMW X5M

I had a 2020 X5M Competition for one day and drove it about 150 miles. The B&W is the best sound system I have ever heard in a car. Talk radio is amazing, Phish sounds like Phish, bass bumps when Too $hort is playing. I sure miss it, the loaner has the base stereo and it sucks, big time, compared to the B&W. If I could just get the AC fixed I could get back in my car
Appreciate 0