BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

01-31-2020, 04:12 PM   #1
mrjoed2
Banned
Rep
Drives: '14 650 M Sport Edition

Time from Production scheduled?

Hey all,

I finally moved from order received to Scheduled for production. How long does it typically take from this point to actually begin production & then to completion?

2nd BMW, but my 650i coupe was ED/PCD, so trying to get a estimate
for a Spartenburg build.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      02-01-2020, 11:44 AM   #2
araje
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW, Audi

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrjoed2 View Post
Hey all,

I finally moved from order received to Scheduled for production. How long does it typically take from this point to actually begin production & then to completion?

for a Spartenburg build.
Here's my timeline. Maybe that helps.
1/28: Order Received
1/28: Scheduled for Production
1/31: Entering production - VIN assigned.

At this point you an call 1-844-443-6487 (GENIUS) with your production code and after the automated status dial option to speak with a person. They will tell you your approximate build week (thats the week of production completion)
Its all estimated but gives you an idea.

My wife laughs at me saying looks like you are in labor pain already with your delivery date.
Appreciate 0
      02-01-2020, 11:48 AM   #3
scotchy
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2020 X5 M50i

Quote:
Originally Posted by araje View Post
Quote:
Hey all,

for a Spartenburg build.

At this point you an call 1-844-443-6487 (GENIUS) with your production code and after the automated status dial option to speak with a person. They will tell you your approximate build week (thats the week of production completion)

My wife laughs at me saying looks like you are in labor pain already with your delivery date.
Lol. So what date were you given for your build week?
Appreciate 0
      02-01-2020, 11:55 AM   #4
araje
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by scotchy View Post
Week 7. They dont give a specific date, just week number.
That's anywhere between Feb7-Feb14
Appreciate 1
scotchy210.00
      02-01-2020, 12:04 PM   #5
scotchy
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Week 7. They dont give a specific date, just week number.
That's anywhere between Feb7-Feb14
Thanks! Awesome that your dealership had immediate allocation for build! I ordered mid Jan, production date week 8 (some have waited considerably longer)

Was curious the production start to finish timeline, don't want to harass my SA but there was a glitch or something not saved in the system where after my build was put in it reverted to what they originally had in there. Want to have him double check it just before production starts to be sure it's still correct.
Appreciate 0
      02-01-2020, 12:22 PM   #6
araje
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Thanks! Awesome that your dealership had immediate allocation for build! I ordered mid Jan, production date week 8 (some have waited considerably longer)

Was curious the production start to finish timeline, don't want to harass my SA but there was a glitch or something not saved in the system where after my build was put in it reverted to what they originally had in there. Want to have him double check it just before production starts to be sure it's still correct.
Ask him to print a vehicle inquiry report so that you can confirm it line by line.

When I spoke to a person on that 1-844 number, they told me it is generally a week. It also depends what you call as production start. If you mean the paint/body shop activities then it probably is more than 1 week. I was told when it enters the assembly line, the vehicle is generally out of the line by one 1 week. The lady repeated "ish"
Appreciate 0
      02-01-2020, 12:32 PM   #7
scotchy
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Quote:

Ask him to print a vehicle inquiry report so that you can confirm it line by line.

When I spoke to a person on that 1-844 number, they told me it is generally a week. It also depends what you call as production start. If you mean the paint/body shop activities then it probably is more than 1 week. I was told when it enters the assembly line, the vehicle is generally out of the line by one 1 week. The lady repeated "ish"
Haha on the "ish"

Yes thanks, already had the printout, and then added something to the build. When it was added it came back with a few items that were on the original build that we'd changed for our build. He corrected it and sent me the line by line print out but I'm wanting to check it again pre-production start just to be sure.
Appreciate 0
      02-01-2020, 02:16 PM   #8
mrjoed2
Banned
Rep
Drives: '14 650 M Sport Edition

Quote:

Thanks- I was given week 9. Just wanted to check to see what other's had for the various dates. You got scheduled quickly. I went 2 weeks between order received & scheduled for production.
Appreciate 0
      02-01-2020, 06:09 PM   #9
araje
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Any word on Feb rebate/incentives?
My order was locked in with Jan rebates/incentives (3250 off) but if the Feb ones are better, the dealer said he would honor those.
I highly doubt they will be more than Jan but worth asking.
Appreciate 0
      02-01-2020, 06:14 PM   #10
Auricom
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 X5 xDrive40i M Sport

Quote:
My order was locked in with Jan rebates/incentives (3250 off) but if the Feb ones are better, the dealer said he would honor those.
Should be available mid next week.

Appreciate 0
      02-02-2020, 12:30 AM   #11
bluzbra
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: '21 M550i / '20 X5 40i

Quote:
Waiting on that too. We should know by Feb. 4 or 5 the latest.
      02-05-2020, 12:07 PM   #12
PhilH930
Private
Rep
Drives: 2017 M3 ZCP

My timing is below for reference on M50i, and yes, I check daily:

Order placed 12/18, amended 12/23 (it showed received by 12/27)
Production Scheduled 1/27
Today's the Day, Production Begins 2/5
      02-07-2020, 10:46 AM   #13
desirusso
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 06 E90 SG

Garage List
2006 330i  [0.00]
Quote:
Quote:

Thanks- I was given week 9. Just wanted to check to see what other's had for the various dates. You got scheduled quickly. I went 2 weeks between order received & scheduled for production.
So does your week equal the completion approximate date? I have week 9 and it just went to scheduled production. I see mixed info on this
      02-07-2020, 11:30 AM   #14
kkratochvil
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 BMW, X6, M50i

Quote:
Originally Posted by desirusso View Post
So does your week equal the completion approximate date? I have week 9 and it just went to scheduled production. I see mixed info on this
Yes, your Build Week is the week it should be done.
Appreciate 0
      02-07-2020, 11:50 AM   #15
araje
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by kkratochvil View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by desirusso View Post
Yes, your Build Week is the week it should be done.
Apart from the build week, there is also a production complete date which gives more granularity of the date in the build week when production will be complete.
You can call genius to give you this info or you dealer can also see it in their portal. It is at the right bottom of the screen.

It says estimated production date and actual production date.
Appreciate 0
      02-17-2020, 11:53 AM   #16
floridaman100
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2020 BMW X5 xDrive40I

How long does it take to get a production number once the BMW is ordered from dealer?
Appreciate 0
      02-17-2020, 11:57 AM   #17
scotchy
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by floridaman100 View Post
How long does it take to get a production number once the BMW is ordered from dealer?
My understanding is it varies based on what the dealership has for allocations for builds. They may have something immediate, others have a few month wait. Your SA should be able to tell you.
Appreciate 0
      02-17-2020, 12:20 PM   #18
scotchy
First Lieutenant
Rep

@mrjoed2 desirusso Mine is on the production line with yours now too. My original build week 8 order had an issue so it got changed.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      02-17-2020, 01:29 PM   #19
floridaman100
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
My understanding is it varies based on what the dealership has for allocations for builds. They may have something immediate, others have a few month wait. Your SA should be able to tell you.
I should clarify as this is a custom order specifically for me.
Appreciate 0
      02-17-2020, 01:48 PM   #20
scotchy
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by floridaman100 View Post
Quote:
I should clarify as this is a custom order specifically for me.
Yes this is what I thought you meant.
So some have had that the dealership they've gone to is able to have a custom build start almost immediately if they had allocation for one. Other dealerships their allocation is further out, so when you place the order, it may not enter production for a few months. Again, if you ask your SA, will be able to tell you what date they have available if you haven't placed your order OR what your build date is if you've already placed it.

Some have called multiple dealers prior to placing a custom order to find one with the soonest build date.
Appreciate 0
      02-17-2020, 07:28 PM   #21
floridaman100
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Yes this is what I thought you meant.
So some have had that the dealership they've gone to is able to have a custom build start almost immediately if they had allocation for one. Other dealerships their allocation is further out, so when you place the order, it may not enter production for a few months. Again, if you ask your SA, will be able to tell you what date they have available if you haven't placed your order OR what your build date is if you've already placed it.

Some have called multiple dealers prior to placing a custom order to find one with the soonest build date.
I actually talked to the dealer and the allocation came up and apparently they didn't have an X Drive allocated. They have to exchange allocation with another dealer if I understood corectly and I was told that would take a day or 2. They pretty much told me 4-6 weeks to receive the car. Does that sound right?
Appreciate 0
      02-17-2020, 08:34 PM   #22
desirusso
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 06 E90 SG

Garage List
2006 330i  [0.00]
Quote:
@mrjoed2 desirusso Mine is on the production line with yours now too. My original build week 8 order had an issue so it got changed.
Let's hope they start production soon! I have to give back my car March 11... hoping it's here by then... also what is the 26th date on the screen mean?