BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

11-18-2019, 06:51 AM   #1
poppop
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 X5 40i TBII

2020 X5 x Drive 40i ordered

I sealed a deal on my new X5 yesterday at Bert Smith BMW of St Petersburg, FL. The deal was 6.06% off MSRP and an additional $2K rebate now in affect for 2020 model X5's. That totaled 8.3% overall discount. I joined BMWCCA yesterday and intend to get their $1000 rebate after I purchase my new X5. I might have done better shopping around, however, I had a trade of my 2017 Maserati and they gave me $37,000 on trade, which also lowers the overall Florida tax since you only pay the difference between the trade in and the cost of the new X5. It was easier to deal with a local dealer with a trade that going many miles to other dealers, so I am satisfied. The dealer told me if any additional incentives come through between now and when I get delivery they will add them to my deal. My special order may take until early January. I am very grateful for all I learned from this forum, it helped me with lots of valuable information and led to the following build:

X5 xDrive 40i
Tanzanite Blue II
M Sport
22" M Double -spoke bi-color wheels
Coffee Full Merino Leather
Fineline Stripe Brown High Gloss Wood Trim
Driving Assistance Pro Package
Executive Package
Luxury Seating Package
Integral Active Steering
M Sport Brakes
2-axle air suspension
Acoustic glass
Extended Shadowline Trim
Front and Rear Heated Seats
Heated Front Seats Armrests& Steering Wheel
Glass Controls
Luggage-compartment package
HK surround sound system
Space-saver spare
MSRP $88,470
Appreciate 2
wtwo317971.00
GOLFFRR10815.50
      11-18-2019, 07:11 AM   #2
wtwo3
Major General
Rep
Drives: 23 X7 40i; 23 M3; 24 cooper s

Garage List
Congrats! Looks like an awesome build!

'20 BMW m340i... '20 BMW X5 40i... '16 Infiniti Q50 RS 400... '10 Lexus RX 350... '08 Lexus IS 350... '00 Nissan Maxima... '93 Nissan Maxima
Appreciate 0
      11-18-2019, 07:44 AM   #3
Cruise56
China
Rep
Drives: X5 40i

Congrats!
Appreciate 0
      11-18-2019, 07:50 AM   #4
Marty in NY
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 21 X5 40i, 18 GTi, Snowblower

Quote:
Originally Posted by poppop View Post
I sealed a deal on my new X5 yesterday at Bert Smith BMW of St Petersburg, FL.
poppop,
Just curious, did you also at some point consider Ferman on Rt19? Nice spec, that is almost exactly what I would have bought.
Appreciate 0
      11-18-2019, 12:23 PM   #5
poppop
Private
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marty in Bgm View Post
poppop,
Just curious, did you also at some point consider Ferman on Rt19? Nice spec, that is almost exactly what I would have bought.
Hi Marty,
I did consider Ferman, but got lazy and was satisfied with Bert Smith , mainly because they are only nine miles from my home. I am also recovering from a total ankle replacement and just wasn’t up to dealing with multiple dealers, by each of them having to appraise my trade-in.
BTW, your posts have been very informative and helped me develop my build. I am hoping my 2020 comes with minimal issues after reading about all the issues the 2019 X5.
I will continue to post the progress of my X5 and take lots of pictures when it arrives early next year.
Appreciate 1
      11-18-2019, 12:26 PM   #6
jumpingpint
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW X5 50i 2017

Nice config
Appreciate 0
      11-18-2019, 01:22 PM   #7
Marty in NY
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Hi Marty,
I did consider Ferman, but got lazy and was satisfied with Bert Smith , mainly because they are only nine miles from my home. I am also recovering from a total ankle replacement and just wasn’t up to dealing with multiple dealers, by each of them having to appraise my trade-in.
BTW, your posts have been very informative and helped me develop my build. I am hoping my 2020 comes with minimal issues after reading about all the issues the 2019 X5.
I will continue to post the progress of my X5 and take lots of pictures when it arrives early next year.
Thanks poppop, I appreciate the kind words, I guess that's why your build was 90% the same as I would have done! When in your neck of the woods, I take my X3 to Ferman for oil changes or inspection checks. They have been the only dealer that does the multi-point inspection and tells me all's well, nothing needed On the sales side of their business, I've not been impressed at all. I'll be down your way in a month or so, I usually go to Mazzaros Italian Market, you must know it, right?
Appreciate 0
      11-18-2019, 01:32 PM   #8
mynewx5
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: X5

Quote:
I sealed a deal on my new X5 yesterday at Bert Smith BMW of St Petersburg, FL. The deal was 6.06% off MSRP and an additional $2K rebate now in affect for 2020 model X5's. That totaled 8.3% overall discount. I joined BMWCCA yesterday and intend to get their $1000 rebate after I purchase my new X5. I might have done better shopping around, however, I had a trade of my 2017 Maserati and they gave me $37,000 on trade, which also lowers the overall Florida tax since you only pay the difference between the trade in and the cost of the new X5. It was easier to deal with a local dealer with a trade that going many miles to other dealers, so I am satisfied. The dealer told me if any additional incentives come through between now and when I get delivery they will add them to my deal. My special order may take until early January. I am very grateful for all I learned from this forum, it helped me with lots of valuable information and led to the following build:

X5 xDrive 40i
Tanzanite Blue II
M Sport
Executive Package
Luxury Seating Package
Integral Active Steering
M Sport Brakes
2-axle air suspension
Acoustic glass
Extended Shadowline Trim
Glass Controls
HK surround sound system
Space-saver spare
MSRP $88,470
Nice build, congrats. You did good...
Appreciate 0
      11-18-2019, 02:12 PM   #9
TurtleBoy
General
Rep
Drives: 2019 X5 40i,2021 M340i

Congratulations. Good luck, enjoy and be safe.
Appreciate 0
      11-18-2019, 02:27 PM   #10
poppop
Private
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Thanks poppop, I appreciate the kind words, I guess that's why your build was 90% the same as I would have done! When in your neck of the woods, I take my X3 to Ferman for oil changes or inspection checks. They have been the only dealer that does the multi-point inspection and tells me all's well, nothing needed On the sales side of their business, I've not been impressed at all. I'll be down your way in a month or so, I usually go to Mazzaros Italian Market, you must know it, right?
You bet I know Mazzaros. We do a lot of shopping there. Buy lots of their veal Parmesan and lasagna meals, take them home and freeze them for restaurant grade meals at later dates.
I’ll keep Ferman on my list when ready for service. Thanks for the tip. Already can’t wait for my X5
Appreciate 0
      11-21-2019, 07:16 AM   #11
poppop
Private
United_States
Rep

Quote:

X5 xDrive 40i
Tanzanite Blue II
M Sport
Executive Package
Luxury Seating Package
Integral Active Steering
M Sport Brakes
2-axle air suspension
Acoustic glass
Extended Shadowline Trim
Glass Controls
HK surround sound system
Space-saver spare
MSRP $88,470
Well, guess what the deal fell through and I am now working with two other dealers in the Tampa area. Bert Smith BMW told me they could not get the Tanzanite Blue color until Feb and they would not give me a loaner for the two months until it was delivered. They wanted my Maserati right away, which I understood, however it’s my only car and why should I rent a car for two months!
We also tried to work a new build with a mineral white metallic color and I thought that was agreed , however at the last second they said they already sent in my order and it was the non metallic white and the factory was building it that day and they could not change it. I smelled a bate and switch situation and told them I never agreed with the flat white. The deal was off and they are refunding my $1000 deposit.
Such fun working with dealers!
Appreciate 0
      11-21-2019, 08:03 AM   #12
GOLFFRR
Rep
Drives: GOLFFRR cart

nice build.

BEFORE YOU BUY YOUR NEXT BMW, EMAIL OUR GUY KOTE FIRST!
Kote M Sales:Kotem@bmwofcamarillo.com Cell:805-368-9101
vipfinance@bmwofcamarillo.com for warranties!
Appreciate 0
      11-21-2019, 08:27 AM   #13
Marty in NY
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Well, guess what the deal fell through and I am now working with two other dealers in the Tampa area. Bert Smith BMW told me they could not get the Tanzanite Blue color until Feb and they would not give me a loaner for the two months until it was delivered. They wanted my Maserati right away, which I understood, however it’s my only car and why should I rent a car for two months!
We also tried to work a new build with a mineral white metallic color and I thought that was agreed , however at the last second they said they already sent in my order and it was the non metallic white and the factory was building it that day and they could not change it. I smelled a bate and switch situation and told them I never agreed with the flat white. The deal was off and they are refunding my $1000 deposit.
Such fun working with dealers!
Ugh! - Another dealer horror story, it just never ends. Bet you're pretty bummed. Here's the way I look at it when buying a new car. You put together your spec, the car comes from the factory, not any dealer and it is the same car no matter if you bought it locally or from Alaska.

So, you've done your homework, you know what you want, you don't have to waste time going to dealers. Just send your spec to a half dozen dealers of your choosing and take the best deal.
Ok, this is when you don't have a trade, trades make it more complicated but you can still leverage dealer competition to get you the best price without the trade and once you find the dealer you want to go with, bring in your trade.

Once you have received all the deals from all the dealers you contacted, rank them in the order you prefer to do business. Then in that order, start talking about your trade in. You know what your car is worth and/or what you want to get out of it so you have a point estimate. If the first dealer doesn't float your boat, move on to the second one, and so on. Yeah, with a trade its not ideal but can still be done.
Appreciate 0
      11-22-2019, 03:55 PM   #14
poppop
Private
United_States
Rep

New deal on X5 40i

Well guess what. I made a deal on the build listed below. After a very disappointing situation with the earlier deal that fell through as described above I found an X5 on the lot at Reeves BMW of Tampa. They gave me 7.4% discount below MSRP plus the $2000 rebate for a total of 9.8% discount. I go to the dealer tomorrow and if it’s as good as it’s looks on their web site it’s a deal. Got $37000 on my trade as well. Put a $1000 down to secure the X5.
Here’s the build:
Xdrive 40i
Tanzanite BlueII
Ivory white Vernasca leather
Fine line stripe brown high gloss wood trim
M sport package
Executive package
Driving assistant pro package
Luxury seating package
M sport brakes
22” M bicolor 742M NRF
Two axle air suspension
Trailer hitch
Glass controls
Front & rear heated seats
Heated front armrests/steering wheel
HK surround
MSRP $83120 after discounts $74974

Note: Had to give up the kick sensor that opens the hatch. We actually used that feature a lot on our last two cars. If anyone knows how you can add an after market sensor and program it to work I would appreciate the tip.
Lastly, have GEICO and they quoted me $1050/ 6 mths whereas Progressive quoted me $515 for the exact coverage. Guess who I’m going with.
/
Appreciate 0
      11-22-2019, 04:54 PM   #15
Marty in NY
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Well guess what. I made a deal on the build listed below. After a very disappointing situation with the earlier deal that fell through as described above I found an X5 on the lot at Reeves BMW of Tampa. They gave me 7.4% discount below MSRP plus the $2000 rebate for a total of 9.8% discount. I go to the dealer tomorrow and if it’s as good as it’s looks on their web site it’s a deal. Got $37000 on my trade as well. Put a $1000 down to secure the X5.
Here’s the build:
Xdrive 40i
Tanzanite BlueII
Ivory white Vernasca leather
Fine line stripe brown high gloss wood trim
M sport package
Executive package
Driving assistant pro package
Luxury seating package
M sport brakes
22” M bicolor 742M NRF
Two axle air suspension
Trailer hitch
Glass controls
Front & rear heated seats
Heated front armrests/steering wheel
HK surround
MSRP $83120 after discounts $74974

Note: Had to give up the kick sensor that opens the hatch. We actually used that feature a lot on our last two cars. If anyone knows how you can add an after market sensor and program it to work I would appreciate the tip.
Lastly, have GEICO and they quoted me $1050/ 6 mths whereas Progressive quoted me $515 for the exact coverage. Guess who I’m going with.
/
Congrats, hope this dealer ends up being honest! I've been to Reeves before, test driving. That whole area is car city, just about every marquee you'd want. Is this a 2019 or 2020? Every time I get a Geico flyer in the mail, I check out their pricing and its never less than my current company, always quite a bit more for the same cars, same coverage. I like their commercials though
Appreciate 0
      11-22-2019, 07:46 PM   #16
poppop
Private
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Congrats, hope this dealer ends up being honest! I've been to Reeves before, test driving. That whole area is car city, just about every marquee you'd want. Is this a 2019 or 2020? Every time I get a Geico flyer in the mail, I check out their pricing and its never less than my current company, always quite a bit more for the same cars, same coverage. I like their commercials though
I like the GEICO gecko as well but not their quote. Sorry I should have stated that the X5 is a brand new 2020. I will take pictures ASAP. I now have to decide what tint will closely match the back windows.
Three dealers told me no new orders are being accepted by the factory for the remainder of this year. They are booked. I find that hard to believe!
Appreciate 0
      11-22-2019, 08:52 PM   #17
buckybadger
BMW forever!
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:

X5 xDrive 40i
Tanzanite Blue II
M Sport
Executive Package
Luxury Seating Package
Integral Active Steering
M Sport Brakes
2-axle air suspension
Acoustic glass
Extended Shadowline Trim
Glass Controls
HK surround sound system
Space-saver spare
MSRP $88,470
At this price point, why not get a 50i?
2009 BMW 328i
Appreciate 0
      11-23-2019, 05:40 AM   #18
wtwo3
Major General
Rep
Drives: 23 X7 40i; 23 M3; 24 cooper s

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by buckybadger View Post
At this price point, why not get a 50i?
I can't speak for OP, but from my perspective, the question was a loaded 40i vs. a relatively bare 50i. The main thing that attracted me to the X5 was the luxury of it all, so getting a bare 50i wouldn't have done it justice for me.

For him to get those options on a 50i would have been ~$96k, and even then he wouldn't have been able to get all the options (i.e. standard 50i isn't offered in the m sport package, can't get the shadowline trim, the 22" wheels, etc). And if you go with the m50i to be able to get those additional options, now you're over $100k.

'20 BMW m340i... '20 BMW X5 40i... '16 Infiniti Q50 RS 400... '10 Lexus RX 350... '08 Lexus IS 350... '00 Nissan Maxima... '93 Nissan Maxima
Appreciate 0
      11-23-2019, 07:06 AM   #19
poppop
Private
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by wtwo3 View Post
I can't speak for OP, but from my perspective, the question was a loaded 40i vs. a relatively bare 50i. The main thing that attracted me to the X5 was the luxury of it all, so getting a bare 50i wouldn't have done it justice for me.

For him to get those options on a 50i would have been ~$96k, and even then he wouldn't have been able to get all the options (i.e. standard 50i isn't offered in the m sport package, can't get the shadowline trim, the 22" wheels, etc). And if you go with the m50i to be able to get those additional options, now you're over $100k.
I couldn’t have said it better. Insurance premiums are higher and of course gas consumption, which was not a major factor. I test drove the 40 i and really blasted it, scaring the s—t out of the dealer rep. It was good enough power for me, even coming from my Maserati.
I priced the 50i and got it to high 90’s which wasn’t worth it to me. Year’s ago I would have got the V8, but I have mellowed. Each his own.
Appreciate 0
      11-23-2019, 07:18 AM   #20
dan321
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 X5 40i

Quote:

/
The car you picked has a trailer hitch which removes the kick open feature so even if you ordered a built car you couldn't get both.
Appreciate 0
      11-24-2019, 06:17 PM   #21
poppop
Private
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by dan321 View Post
The car you picked has a trailer hitch which removes the kick open feature so even if you ordered a built car you couldn't get both.
I know that, however I was hoping some genius (not BMW) might have figured out how to attach a small sensor and program the software to accept it. Probably not possible.

I am trying to load pictures of my new X5 but the dummy I am I can’t figure it out. Help!
Appreciate 0
      11-25-2019, 07:30 PM   #22
2dangerous
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 BMW X6 40i

Looks like a great build, congrats.
Appreciate 0