BMW X5
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

08-11-2021, 10:00 PM   #23
Glen e
Retired from BMWNA
Rep
Drives: ‘21 X2 m35i

BE CAREFUL….I smoked pot for 30 years no problems. Did some gummy’s about at year ago…too many at once….sent my heart into afib, hospital visit and an electro cardioversion procedure to get it back to normal. Still on blood thinner a year later….gummies are fine unless you mis-dose….
Appreciate 0
      08-11-2021, 10:08 PM   #24
joooiiiiii
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 BMW M3 ZCP

I can only handle like 5 or 10mg. Maybe because I don't weigh as much or something idk. 25mg would take me to another universe.
Appreciate 0
      08-11-2021, 10:12 PM   #25
TiMSport
Banned
Ukraine
Rep
Drives: '21 M340i xDrive, '17 Audi S3

Quote:
Originally Posted by joooiiiiii View Post
I can only handle like 5 or 10mg. Maybe because I don't weigh as much or something idk. 25mg would take me to another universe.
Nothing wrong with going to another universe.
Appreciate 1
      08-12-2021, 07:07 AM   #26
paquet
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 540i M Sport etc

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamingat30fps View Post
I found out recently all the liquor stores in NC are state owned/ran (apparently not the only state like this either). Driving around I was wondering why every single liquor store was called ABC. Beer and wine are fair game though.
Well, shit - this is confusing.
Your NC ABC stands for North Carolina Alcoholic Beverage Control Commission.
But there's a privately owned ABC Fine Wine & Spirits chain in FL.
So when I first read 'ABC', I had to go look it up.
Appreciate 0
      08-12-2021, 07:57 AM   #27
King Rudi
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: Meat Suit

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamingat30fps View Post
AND the ABC stores only sell hard liquor, they don't sell beer or wine or a lot of the shit that goes into drinks like bitters. So now you gotta go all over town to stock up. Luckily I had already brought some bitters that I brought with me.
What bitters is your brand? We own the big labeled A brand. Odd story behind why the label is so big. The two sons of the owner (after he died) entered their bitters into a competition. One worked on the label, the other, the bottle. Neither of them communicated on size. By the time the labels and the bottles arrived, it was too close to entrance time of the competition. They did not win the competition, but one of the judges suggested keeping the mismatched label and bottle. It's been done that way since. It does raise the question of how much we lose per annum on additional costs of labeling/ink.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mapleleaf1773 View Post
When I go tob frankfort (kentucky) for work I usually go to Buffalo trace and Woodford distilleries. Good stuff...sorry for hijacking
Both are fantastic! Heavily rooted in Lynchburg, I'm sure most of you have seen past posts; I won't get into it. Had a Master Taster and Distiller give me a tasting once and explain what to look for. Really interesting if a person has never experienced before. Woodford Reserve and Buffalo Trace both really stood out to me during that tasting. Black Maple Hill, Blanton and EH were also very good. I won't mention the gentlemen that I was drinking with or the distillery, nor will I mention what they said about their own product in comparison to those mentioned above. Let's just say some people spend a ton on marketing and brand recognition.

Now that I've high-jacked a delta8 thread with whiskey/bourbon bs, I'll go quietly sit in the corner in regards to the topic of psychoactives....or whatever they're called. I don't feel like I know enough about this topic to chime in. You guys sure are knowledgeable though.
Appreciate 0
      08-12-2021, 08:11 AM   #28
dreamingat30fps
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: Miata, Cayenne, Model 3, F350

Quote:
Originally Posted by packet View Post
Well, shit - this is confusing.
Your NC ABC stands for North Carolina Alcoholic Beverage Control Commission.
But there's a privately owned ABC Fine Wine & Spirits chain in FL.
So when I first read 'ABC', I had to go look it up.
I thought the same, but their logo was different and the appearance of the stores was a lot more shabby.

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Rudi View Post
What bitters is your brand? We own the big labeled A brand. Odd story behind why the label is so big. The two sons of the owner (after he died) entered their bitters into a competition. One worked on the label, the other, the bottle. Neither of them communicated on size. By the time the labels and the bottles arrived, it was too close to entrance time of the competition. They did not win the competition, but one of the judges suggested keeping the mismatched label and bottle. It's been done that way since. It does raise the question of how much we lose per annum on additional costs of labeling/ink.

Both are fantastic! Heavily rooted in Lynchburg, I'm sure most of you have seen past posts; I won't get into it. Had a Master Taster and Distiller give me a tasting once and explain what to look for. Really interesting if a person has never experienced before. Woodford Reserve and Buffalo Trace both really stood out to me during that tasting. Black Maple Hill, Blanton and EH were also very good. I won't mention the gentlemen that I was drinking with or the distillery, nor will I mention what they said about their own product in comparison to those mentioned above. Let's just say some people spend a ton on marketing and brand recognition.

Now that I've high-jacked a delta8 thread with whiskey/bourbon bs, I'll go quietly sit in the corner in regards to the topic of psychoactives....or whatever they're called. I don't feel like I know enough about this topic to chime in. You guys sure are knowledgeable though.
That's my go to bitters mainly because I have not messed too much with bitters. Just use them in my old fashion and manhattans which is what I typically drink if having a cocktail.

I'm certainly no whiskey snob and frankly I probably couldn't tell the difference between most brands if you give it to me a few days apart. Except Jim Bean which seems to be the whiskey used anytime I find I don't like a drink.

If I do a back to back tasting then I can taste the subtle differences. I've done this a couple of times at home for fun and always lean towards Woodford. I know some people like the higher proof stuff because otherwise you are paying for "water", but I find I'm not a huge fan of super high proof stuff. I like it smooth and I don't much care if it's water or not. I'll save the higher proof stuff for mixed drinks.
Appreciate 1
King Rudi13154.00
      08-12-2021, 08:14 AM   #29
dreamingat30fps
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: Miata, Cayenne, Model 3, F350

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glen e View Post
BE CAREFUL….I smoked pot for 30 years no problems. Did some gummy’s about at year ago…too many at once….sent my heart into afib, hospital visit and an electro cardioversion procedure to get it back to normal. Still on blood thinner a year later….gummies are fine unless you mis-dose….
Gummies are tricky. I think strength varies brand to brand and even how long I have had the package. They seem to get weaker over time and also based on my tolerance at the time. If I haven't had any in a while they effect me more than if I just had some.

Typically I'm in the 5-10 mg range also. Also I prefer to have them with friends as when I eat them alone I just tend to get very sleepy. I have also noted, and I'm not sure if this is brand dependent or just dose, that if I have too much I almost feel like I can't breathe and my nose gets super stuffy. Not fun at all.
Appreciate 0
      08-12-2021, 09:22 AM   #30
Chihuahua
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: E30 329iS, E65 Alpina B7

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsGoGoMoto View Post
We still have to wait till after church on Sunday to buy booze.
Quote:
Originally Posted by fiveohwblow View Post
Buy it Saturday if you want to attend church drunk.
Or just go to church and ask for seconds, they're giving it away for free or so I hear.
Appreciate 0
      08-12-2021, 09:31 AM   #31
Tommy-G
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2015 435 Vert Alpine White

I would love to try these (or similar) for paint management
Appreciate 0
      08-12-2021, 09:43 AM   #32
TiMSport
Banned
Ukraine
Rep

Am I the only one that visualized the ABC stores in Hawaii?
Appreciate 0
      08-12-2021, 09:55 AM   #33
MsGoGoMoto
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 i3+REX, 1999 K1200RS Moto

All I know is. Back before all this "craft weed" in the 90s, weed didn't make me panic like I never wanted to do it again.

Now, it's so strong and specifically crafted, feck it, just give me a beer instead.

Last time I smoked- about 4 years ago, I ended up pacing the floor back and forth until the high was manageable. Never…AGAIN

If one the delta 8 gummies ended up with me not feeling anything….I was done with them to avoid overdose. But, yeah.. it was a decent high. Don't want to go do it everyday. Maybe once a month if that. Too old for this anyway. Was great for college or young 20s. 30, early 40s. At 50….. Nope. I got mammograms, colonoscopies, and staring at 70 in the distance, looking at my parents like.. uh oh. I got 20 years till then. It's gonna go fast.
Appreciate 1
      08-12-2021, 09:57 AM   #34
paquet
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 540i M Sport etc

Speaking of bitters, the Angostura orange ones are not that good..
But the regular ones, oh so wonderful. i'd add them to water if i didn't have the booze.

tried a couple of other brands, some good, some bad. but the A brand is thankfully a standard when i want my gin
Appreciate 1
King Rudi13154.00
      08-12-2021, 10:04 AM   #35
fiveohwblow
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: F15, E46 & M3, F82

Quote:
Originally Posted by TiMSport View Post
Am I the only one that visualized the ABC stores in Hawaii?
No! I lived in Kona as well, prior to Japan, and fell in love with abc stores of Hawaii. Immediately what I thought of.
Appreciate 1
TiMSport12804.00
      08-12-2021, 10:19 AM   #36
TiMSport
Banned
Ukraine
Rep

Quote:
No! I lived in Kona as well, prior to Japan, and fell in love with abc stores of Hawaii. Immediately what I thought of.
I love ABC stores, they're convenient and just have a cool vibe to them. I guess it doesn't hurt that they're surrounded by tropical paradise! You lived in Kona, huh? I really like it there. I think one of my favorite areas is around Waikoloa. As you certainly know, there are a handful of awesome white sand beaches along the coastal area and it's fun to swim around with the "Honu". Actually I really enjoy the entire Big Island and it's great they have a Costco near Kona! Oh and more so than Kona I enjoyed discovering "Kau'u coffee but it's pretty damn expensive. I remember visiting a small coffee plant in that region and learning something that I'm willing to bet most people don't know about coffee and caffeine content.

Light roasted coffee has way more caffeine than dark roasted coffee, including espresso roasts. It's funny that most people order dark roasted coffees assuming it's "stronger" than the light roasted ones. Having said that, I still prefer a darker roast.

Well I've gotten way the hell off topic here but I always enjoy chatting about one of my favorite places on earth.
Appreciate 1
      08-12-2021, 10:28 AM   #37
fiveohwblow
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: F15, E46 & M3, F82

Quote:
Quote:
I love ABC stores, they're convenient and just have a cool vibe to them. I guess it doesn't hurt that they're surrounded by tropical paradise! You lived in Kona, huh? I really like it there. I think one of my favorite areas is around Waikoloa. As you certainly know, there are a handful of awesome white sand beaches along the coastal area and it's fun to swim around with the "Honu". Actually I really enjoy the entire Big Island and it's great they have a Costco near Kona! Oh and more so than Kona I enjoyed discovering "Kau'u coffee but it's pretty damn expensive. I remember visiting a small coffee plant in that region and learning something that I'm willing to bet most people don't know about coffee and caffeine content.

Light roasted coffee has way more caffeine than dark roasted coffee, including espresso roasts. It's funny that most people order dark roasted coffees assuming it's "stronger" than the light roasted ones. Having said that, I still prefer a darker roast.

Well I've gotten way the hell off topic here but I always enjoy chatting about one of my favorite places on earth.
You aren't wrong. When I moved there I was broke as a joke so trips to Waikoloa were treasured. I didn't stay there as a guest until a trip back with the wife, where my work had sent me to Kona as a reward.

I spent most of my time at Hapuna and magic sands but you're right, the entire island was amazing. The Costco bit saved my cheap bacon all the way back 20+ years ago haha!
Appreciate 1
TiMSport12804.00
      08-12-2021, 10:35 AM   #38
TiMSport
Banned
Ukraine
Rep

Quote:
You aren't wrong. When I moved there I was broke as a joke so trips to Waikoloa were treasured. I didn't stay there as a guest until a trip back with the wife, where my work had sent me to Kona as a reward.

I spent most of my time at Hapuna and magic sands but you're right, the entire island was amazing. The Costco bit saved my cheap bacon all the way back 20+ years ago haha!
Haha, cool. I sometimes wonder how it would be to retire there. I think after a while we'd become a bit bored since it's relatively small and not populated like Oahu. Definitely excellent place for extended vacations. My wife and I visited the Big Island for the first time several years ago and rented a beautiful cottage on the Hilo side. Very secluded spot overlooking Onomea Bay and it was absolutely fantastic. Watching whales and spinner dolphins after waking up in the morning just can't be described well enough.

OP: Sorry we've gotten so far off the gummy bears subject matter. Lol.
Appreciate 0
      08-12-2021, 11:30 AM   #39
MsGoGoMoto
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:

Haha, cool. I sometimes wonder how it would be to retire there. I think after a while we'd become a bit bored since it's relatively small and not populated like Oahu. Definitely excellent place for extended vacations. My wife and I visited the Big Island for the first time several years ago and rented a beautiful cottage on the Hilo side. Very secluded spot overlooking Onomea Bay and it was absolutely fantastic. Watching whales and spinner dolphins after waking up in the morning just can't be described well enough.

OP: Sorry we've gotten so far off the gummy bears subject matter. Lol.
Oh yeah. So this morning I leaned a few things about delta 8 gummies.

No real "hangover" after the high wore off.
The high gradually intensified over time, but not like panic attacks with traditional weed.

It did take a minute to feel anything. I was about to start gobbling the things, husband stood firm to chill and wait.

Yes. My ass was hanging out of the fridge when the munchies hit.

I laughed at everything.
My husband felt loose enough to open up on me about always being in my tablet laughing and texting, since we don't have any social media accounts. He thought I was cheating on him, it became a little serious…..

Found out he posted a thread here. He said he read through and saw why I was laughing. He didn't tell
me he posted here, kept yelling YOU SEE IT YET? Just thought he was higher than I was. We were fried.

I put the gummies in a left over deli meat Tupperware container and placed in the gun safe….. yes I know, drugs and firearms but it's the only place it stays locked away just in case one of our relatives with kids comes over and decides to run thru the house snooping.

Feel pretty relaxed. Not too bad. Slept pretty well.
Appreciate 4
      08-12-2021, 03:42 PM   #40
UncleWede
Long Time Admirer, First Time Owner
United_States
Rep
Drives: G01 X3 M40i Dark Graphite

Quote:
Originally Posted by packet View Post
Speaking of bitters, the Angostura orange ones are not that good..
But the regular ones, oh so wonderful. i'd add them to water if i didn't have the booze.

tried a couple of other brands, some good, some bad. but the A brand is thankfully a standard when i want my gin
I would disagree on the orange, I like it.

Either one, in a Cadillac Margarita (shaken) puts them into a truly unique category of Margarita!
Appreciate 1
paquet629.50
      08-12-2021, 05:31 PM   #41
6oclockshadow
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 M340i

Quote:

The high gradually intensified over time, but not like panic attacks with traditional weed.

It did take a minute to feel anything. I was about to start gobbling the things, husband stood firm to chill and wait.

I laughed at everything.
My husband felt loose enough to open up on me about always being in my tablet laughing and texting, since we don't have any social media accounts. He thought I was cheating on him, it became a little serious…..

Found out he posted a thread here. He said he read through and saw why I was laughing. He didn't tell
me he posted here, kept yelling YOU SEE IT YET? Just thought he was higher than I was. We were fried.

I put the gummies in a left over deli meat Tupperware container and placed in the gun safe….. yes I know, drugs and firearms but it's the only place it stays locked away just in case one of our relatives with kids comes over and decides to run thru the house snooping.

D8 reacts differently on receptors than d9. D8 strains are known for their anti anxiety/stress, anti depression, anti nausea, anti vomiting qualities. A milder intoxicant with a happy, giggly high. is a powerful appetite stimulant-- major munchies are pretty much guaranteed with a strain high in d8.

Edibles are famously unpredictable, much more so than flower or oils--especially with dosage, onset, and level of intoxication. So careful if you're a newbie.
Appreciate 0
      08-12-2021, 05:33 PM   #42
MsGoGoMoto
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6oclockshadow View Post
Quote:

I laughed at everything.

D8 reacts differently on receptors than d9. D8 strains are known for their anti anxiety/stress, anti depression, anti nausea, anti vomiting qualities. A milder intoxicant with a happy, giggly high. is a powerful appetite stimulant-- major munchies are pretty much guaranteed with a strain high in d8.

Edibles are famously unpredictable, much more so than flower or oils--especially with dosage, onset, and level of intoxication. So careful if you're a newbie.
What about all the stuff I'm hearing about dangerous chemicals and how the stuff is made?
Appreciate 0
      08-12-2021, 06:32 PM   #43
Wild_Will
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 Hurucan Evo

These are also very good, I usually pop 2 after smoking.

https://www.diamondcbd.com/products/...-gummies-1250x

Most recent pick up —
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      08-12-2021, 07:56 PM   #44
upstatedoc
I'll get back to you
Rep
Drives: blue streak

After smoking what?
Appreciate 1
cmyx6go15771.50