BMW X5
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

10-26-2020, 12:51 PM   #1
Pro55
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW X5 G05 30d

Lug Bolts

I’m just about to put on my winter wheels and noticed that the retailer provided me with Radius seat bolts. They are M14x1.25 .
I know the OEM are radius seat but i have AEZ panama dark wheels 20. Does the seat for the bolts depend on the wheel and not the car. ?? I Think they might be cone seat. Also does anyone know the shank length for the bolts. Any advise grateful.
Appreciate 0
      11-07-2020, 08:32 AM   #2
Pro55
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW X5 G05 30d

It turns out that Oponeo had sent me the wrong lug bolts for my aftermarket wheels. Also what i said above is incorrect. The OEM bmw lug bolts are cone/tapered fit ie. 60 degrees as are apparently nearly all aftermarket wheels. I have now just stuck my original bmw lug nuts on my aftermarket wheels as recommended by my tyre shop.
When these wheel retailers provide you with lug nuts you at least expect them to be the correct ones and take them at face value. I have learnt a valuable lesson. At least they didn’t come of whils driving.
Appreciate 0