BMW X5
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

11-16-2020, 11:32 PM   #1
Nigel1500
Private
Australia
Rep
Drives: BMW X5 (G05) 30d M-Sport

Read and dictate voice messages? ... and a couple of other questions ...

Hello,

My car recently updated to 07/2020.54 with Android Auto. I use a Samsung Galaxy S9. When I bought the car I wanted a feature to read and dictate SMS that my phone received. The dealer said this wasn't possible. So, now that I have Android Auto, is it possible? If so, how? List of options on my car attached below.

Next question, is there a list of new features for the recent upgrade? I see some threads here about some new features but I'm looking for a definitive list ... or do we just trawl through the menus ourselves?

Last question, since the software update, the figures displayed for fuel efficiency on my instrument cluster have been stuffed. I like the blue display of Eco Pro Individual. It displays how far you coasted in grey and the additional range in blue. These two figures are stuffed ... I still have 3/4 of a tank, but it says I've coasted 1447km and have an additional range of 128kkm. Impossible. L/100km is also stuck on 8.2, no matter the driving conditions. An iDrive reset did not fix the problem. I'm hoping it all fixes itself the next time I fill the tank.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0