E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N57 / M57 Turbo Diesel Discussions - 335d > 335d track fun

04-06-2016, 02:11 AM   #23
Martin80k
Rep
n/a
Drives:

Quote:
Originally Posted by 335dM View Post
Not enough power to pass you hey ?
Your car is a beast !!!!!!
I guess you let him pass at the end ?
yeah not enough power. i just checked and e36 cars racing in kumho cup have 210bhp and other group have 240...so i guess, even the standard 335d would be similar...

The Classes For 2016 Are:

Class A1 – 240 Bhp - Using Kumho K80 Slicks And Kumho Wets 17” & 18”

Class A2 – 240 Bhp - Using Kumho K91 Treaded Tyres And Kumho Wets 17” & 18”

there are other groups with even weaker engines... you can check their site: http://www.bmwrdc.com/
Appreciate 0
      04-06-2016, 10:59 AM   #24
Grazy_87
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: E91 335d

Have you seen the lap times they set round combe though they're pretty handy pieces of kit, considering id literally only fitted the suspension to the car a week before and had zero set up i don't think the old barge did too badly. If you want to take that away from it then thats your opinion, but I didn't tune the car to impress people it was purely to have fun in and be something different. Monday to Friday it gets me to work / the kids to school / and picks up the shopping.

Over the coming months I will be stripping it and completely reworking the suspension to handle like the kumho car as it has more than enough power now, but as the last track day highlighted it could do with some suspension work.
Appreciate 0
      04-06-2016, 07:46 PM   #25
DWR
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2009 335d

... on the transmission remap. There is a thread in this forum that represents over a year's worth of work trying to get something going here in the US. Lot's of folks interested. Contact info? More about about the difference in performance, ie. is the shift point raised? Thanks for anyhting more you can share.
Appreciate 0
      04-07-2016, 05:17 AM   #26
Grazy_87
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by DWR View Post
... on the transmission remap. There is a thread in this forum that represents over a year's worth of work trying to get something going here in the US. Lot's of folks interested. Contact info? More about about the difference in performance, ie. is the shift point raised? Thanks for anyhting more you can share.
So, the difference between the transmission stock and mapped is actually quite markable. I had the car in at my local indy and they for some reason performed a software update which wiped the map off the car and box. Frustrating as this was, I really noticed the difference.
My mate has the v10 m5 with the sequential gearbox and I would say mine post map is better, it changes faster and will hold the gear to the redline but more crucially its smoother.. Apparently adam my mapper could make it almost twin clutch quick, but it would hamper street drivability. Its hard to describe how much better its is, all I can say is on the track not once did I think 'I wish I had a manual'. I will get some in car videos of the clocks next time Im tracking it so you can see the upshifts / downshifts when its being driven hard.
Appreciate 3
      04-07-2016, 04:56 PM   #27
TDIwyse
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2011 335d

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grazy_87 View Post
... Apparently adam my mapper ...
Any more info on this? Where does Adam work? How would he be contacted? How was the remap done? Is this something that those of us in North America can get done, or does adam need the car physically present to accomplish the transmission remap?

Any additional info would be appreciated.
      04-07-2016, 06:00 PM   #28
charlie fairmont
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: His & hers, GC & X5

http://www.narco-tuning.com/

Is this the tuning outfit?
Appreciate 0
      04-07-2016, 06:33 PM   #29
Grazy_87
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by charlie fairmont View Post
http://www.narco-tuning.com/

Is this the tuning outfit?
Thats them, I would contact them through their Facebook page. Adam Barker is the owner and the guy who mapped my car add him too for a faster response. When you message him, mention my name and car (aaron gray ), ask him how he's tuned my car and he will be more than happy to discuss remote options for yourselves in NA for the gearbox ect.
Appreciate 1
      04-07-2016, 06:35 PM   #30
Grazy_87
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martin80k View Post
yeah not enough power. i just checked and e36 cars racing in kumho cup have 210bhp and other group have 240...so i guess, even the standard 335d would be similar...

The Classes For 2016 Are:

Class A1 – 240 Bhp - Using Kumho K80 Slicks And Kumho Wets 17” & 18”

Class A2 – 240 Bhp - Using Kumho K91 Treaded Tyres And Kumho Wets 17” & 18”

there are other groups with even weaker engines... you can check their site: http://www.bmwrdc.com/
Jut had a chat with the owner of the car, it wasn't a Kumho cup car, it was an E36 M3 he just has their sun screen. Theres another video of it leaving a 300hp fiesta st on the same track, so I highly doubt its running 240hp.
Appreciate 0
      04-08-2016, 06:11 PM   #31
bimmerup-sonny
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW 335d

Quote:
Jut had a chat with the owner of the car, it wasn't a Kumho cup car, it was an E36 M3 he just has their sun screen. Theres another video of it leaving a 300hp fiesta st on the same track, so I highly doubt its running 240hp.
Great video... so your car is not legal to Kumho race?

How did they know who you are to give you the video?
Do you know them personally? They did not go to the track
and record other people lap just for fun, right?

I showed this to my co-workers and they think it is a setup,
as they see the other car and drivers look too professional.
Not sure what they think the setup is for, promoting diesel cars?
So I just want to get the whole story so I can tell them
'11 335d + BMW Perf Susp + JL600 +Technic Harness + Bavsound Stage One + Injector #3 replaced and other 5 cleaned by diesel shop+Fuel filter and EGR valve replaced
Appreciate 0
      04-09-2016, 01:34 PM   #32
Grazy_87
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by bimmerup-sonny View Post
Great video... so your car is not legal to Kumho race?

How did they know who you are to give you the video?
Do you know them personally? They did not go to the track
and record other people lap just for fun, right?

I showed this to my co-workers and they think it is a setup,
as they see the other car and drivers look too professional.
Not sure what they think the setup is for, promoting diesel cars?
So I just want to get the whole story so I can tell them
There is a Facebook page for that event, I asked if anyone happened to catch my car on their cams, this dude said yes and uploaded it. You are correct he is a professional driver, the passenger had paid for the privilege of the laps in his car.
It was not a set up lol.
Hence:
a.) there was a camera because the passengers get a copy of the footage.
b.) Why on earth would he hold back if he has a paying customer onboard who wants to be 'thrilled'. Being smoked by a diesel would be bad for him so surely he'd want to obliterate me?? is it that unbelievable that a tuned diesel can hold its own on a track day?
c.) They are also insinuating I have never been on track because I drive a wagon?
d.) The lap times were around 1 min 20 secs which are the same as an E90 M3. I will upload a video from my car so you can see a different view, however there is a lot of wind noise (bad camera position).
I am going to the Nurburgring in June, maybe your buddies can critique a video of my car going round there?
e.) It nots a race as such just a track day, a bit of fun. My car in that video, has full interior, and a child seat in the back (minus the child ). I went to test it against dedicated track cars and have a shake down of the chassis / suspension mods.
Appreciate 0
      04-11-2016, 11:21 AM   #33
bimmerup-sonny
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW 335d

Quote:
There is a Facebook page for that event, I asked if anyone happened to catch my car on their cams, this dude said yes and uploaded it. You are correct he is a professional driver, the passenger had paid for the privilege of the laps in his car.
It was not a set up lol.
Hence:
a.) there was a camera because the passengers get a copy of the footage.
b.) Why on earth would he hold back if he has a paying customer onboard who wants to be 'thrilled'. Being smoked by a diesel would be bad for him so surely he'd want to obliterate me?? is it that unbelievable that a tuned diesel can hold its own on a track day?
c.) They are also insinuating I have never been on track because I drive a wagon?
d.) The lap times were around 1 min 20 secs which are the same as an E90 M3. I will upload a video from my car so you can see a different view, however there is a lot of wind noise (bad camera position).
I am going to the Nurburgring in June, maybe your buddies can critique a video of my car going round there?
e.) It nots a race as such just a track day, a bit of fun. My car in that video, has full interior, and a child seat in the back (minus the child ). I went to test it against dedicated track cars and have a shake down of the chassis / suspension mods.
Thank you for your reply

Now it makes so much sense, at 1 point I see the passenger makes a gesture to tell the driver to go FASTER... I cannot imagine their reaction if they look inside your car and see a child seat... haha
I assumed with your mods, their car is no match with yours; but I have to say that was some impressive driving. I've been wanting to take my 335d to track day, just never got around to do it yet

I envy you and have fun in June, please upload some videos
'11 335d + BMW Perf Susp + JL600 +Technic Harness + Bavsound Stage One + Injector #3 replaced and other 5 cleaned by diesel shop+Fuel filter and EGR valve replaced
Appreciate 0
      04-12-2016, 08:25 AM   #34
Grazy_87
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by bimmerup-sonny View Post
Thank you for your reply

Now it makes so much sense, at 1 point I see the passenger makes a gesture to tell the driver to go FASTER... I cannot imagine their reaction if they look inside your car and see a child seat... haha
I assumed with your mods, their car is no match with yours; but I have to say that was some impressive driving. I've been wanting to take my 335d to track day, just never got around to do it yet

I envy you and have fun in June, please upload some videos
Heres the vid from the front of my car, apologies for the wind noise. I will get some videos of the Nurburgring in June

Appreciate 0