Heavyd
Major
Rep
Drives: 2024 X5 50e

Quote:
Originally Posted by RollerB View Post
Well, in less than two months, it has arrived
My green hybrid
Is that Manhattan? Nice color. I saw this on the G06 when they introduced this last year. I found it awesome. But the color is not available with the M sport pack.

Less than two months transport or from order?
Appreciate 0
      04-07-2020, 11:49 AM   #245
RollerB
Rep
Drives: BMW X5 45e

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heavyd View Post
Is that Manhattan? Nice color. I saw this on the G06 when they introduced this last year. I found it awesome. But the color is not available with the M sport pack.

Less than two months transport or from order?
It was from the order.
As far as I understood it, I was lucky to get a free production spot or something.
Appreciate 0
      04-07-2020, 12:23 PM   #246
Heavyd
Major
Rep

Quote:
It was from the order.
As far as I understood it, I was lucky to get a free production spot or something.
Very nice. I ordered in July, dealer fucked it up, couldn't even get an earlier slot when they discovered the fuckup and I'm still waiting
I can't cancel the car without paying lots of money. Last car from that dealership or maybe even BMW.
Appreciate 0
      04-08-2020, 01:24 PM   #247
flighttracker44
Rep
Drives: X3

Quote:
Well, in less than two months, it has arrived
My green hybrid
Beutiful!! Looks very clean without x-line and really like the color.

Please upload more pictures, both indoors and outdoors. What wheels, interior and other options did you get?

I’m thinking about something very similar.

Thanks in advance!
Appreciate 0
      04-08-2020, 02:58 PM   #248
MIT_X5
United_States
Rep
Drives: E39 M5/G05 X5 Xdrive40i Msport

BMW has made an announcement on Monday, 4/6 that the SC plant will remain closed until 4/30. My built (second G05 X5) has entered the production queue since 3/16...It looks like I won't be able to take delivery any time soon so might as well wait for a more couple months for MY 2021.
Appreciate 0
      04-08-2020, 04:47 PM   #249
Skilly
Private
Rep
Drives: 2020 BMW X5 M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by MIT_X5 View Post
BMW has made an announcement on Monday, 4/6 that the SC plant will remain closed until 4/30. My built (second G05 X5) has entered the production queue since 3/16...It looks like I won't be able to take delivery any time soon so might as well wait for a more couple months for MY 2021.
just in case it helps, mine shows "production scheduled" in the app, but in checking in with the dealership a few days ago they had me at order received still. I didnt expect mine to move to a scheduled date due to the build but did it around the same time as yours did.

They said it might be a glitch on the app - just in case your source is the app, like mine was.
Appreciate 0
      04-08-2020, 05:11 PM   #250
MIT_X5
United_States
Rep
Drives: E39 M5/G05 X5 Xdrive40i Msport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skilly View Post
just in case it helps, mine shows "production scheduled" in the app, but in checking in with the dealership a few days ago they had me at order received still. I didnt expect mine to move to a scheduled date due to the build but did it around the same time as yours did.

They said it might be a glitch on the app - just in case your source is the app, like mine was.
BMW website is my source. I have emailed the dealership for an update (hopefully they will reply during this time). Appreciate the info.
Appreciate 0
      04-09-2020, 09:58 AM   #251
jole996
Private
Rep
Drives: Audi S5

Hi, my dealer called me today with info my X6 got on a ship in Charleston, en route to Bremerhaven.

Production finished on March 21st, it has been 19 days no info for me what is going on. It had code Production Completed for all these days.

I checked the F80 thread about tracking ships via VIN etc, but most links are dead, WW removed cargo id option, my dealer has nothing form me (Bill of Laiden or similar), does not even know when exactly it was loaded on ship. He says his info are days late, not real time.

Is there any way I can find out (I have only VIN, nothing else) on which ship it is and when it will arrive in Bremerhaven?

Thanks for any tips!
Appreciate 0
      04-09-2020, 01:41 PM   #252
Atchoom
Private
Rep
Drives: X5 45e

Jole996 I’m in a similar situation. Production ended March 10 approx...
ship tracking does not provide any info... did you get your Vin ?
Appreciate 0
      04-09-2020, 03:30 PM   #253
bmwx3805
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 14 cruze diesel and 2019 430I

Quote:
Originally Posted by MIT_X5 View Post
Production isn't supposed to start back up till 05/04/20
Appreciate 0
      04-09-2020, 04:00 PM   #254
Heavyd
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmwx3805 View Post
Production isn't supposed to start back up till 05/04/20
Would they start where they stopped or a completely new planning? My car was scheduled week 14 but they closed a week earlier.
So I hope they start where they left off with the week 13-14... cars and not a new planning with the risk of being pushed many weeks back again.
Appreciate 0
      04-10-2020, 02:12 AM   #255
jole996
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atchoom View Post
Jole996 I’m in a similar situation. Production ended March 10 approx...
ship tracking does not provide any info... did you get your Vin ?
Yes I got my VIN from my dealee
Appreciate 0
      04-10-2020, 12:22 PM   #256
lovelight
Rep
Drives: BMW 328i xdrive wagon

I called the BMW Genius line to see where our X5 is between Spartanburg and Seattle. I think it was loaded on the train April 2. As of yesterday, records show that it was still on the train to Oxnard which sounds kind of weird. 7 days across country seems like longer than it should for transport that theoretically runs day and night. I assume that one it's loaded on a truck up north, it shouldn't be more than 2-3 days.

But who knows given current conditions? It is what it is and I suppose it will make for an interesting story at some point in the future.
Appreciate 0
      04-10-2020, 01:12 PM   #257
Pictor
Major
Rep
Drives: 2023 iX xDrive50

Garage List
Our X5 which was delivered before the sequester took an unusually long time on the train as well before it arrived in CA for the truck ride to Seattle. I don't recall it taking that long with our previous X5's. Something else may be going on that's beyond the impact of Covid-19.
Appreciate 0
      04-10-2020, 03:22 PM   #258
jole996
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pictor View Post
Our X5 which was delivered before the sequester took an unusually long time on the train as well before it arrived in CA for the truck ride to Seattle. I don't recall it taking that long with our previous X5's. Something else may be going on that's beyond the impact of Covid-19.
I think the updates in the system the dealers, geniues see are a bit late.
Just spoke to my dealer today and he told me he will get me Load Number from the system, which I hope is Bill of Laiden, so I can track which ship it is on.

Last edited by jole996; 04-10-2020 at 03:39 PM..
Appreciate 0
      04-11-2020, 01:24 AM   #259
X5 45e
Colonel
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
It was from the order.
Very nice. I ordered in July, dealer fucked it up, couldn't even get an earlier slot when they discovered the fuckup and I'm still waiting
I can't cancel the car without paying lots of money. Last car from that dealership or maybe even BMW.
In my contract with bmw Belgium it said that if the delay is unreasonably long the order can be cancelled. And this looks like unreasonably long. If production didn't start yet I don't see the problem for the dealer. Lots of others would like a earlier production date (after all this finishes)

Did you have to do a deposit?

On the other hand it is a great car so I wouldn't cancel the order. And if you order another PHEV the wait will start all over again.

For the moment there are no reasonable alternatives with same tax friendly wltp CO2 either. Cayenne and XC 90 RR sport are all to high. GLE is a 4 cylinder diesel.
Appreciate 0
      04-11-2020, 02:20 AM   #260
Heavyd
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by X5 45e View Post
In my contract with bmw Belgium it said that if the delay is unreasonably long the order can be cancelled. And this looks like unreasonably long. If production didn't start yet I don't see the problem for the dealer. Lots of others would like a earlier production date (after all this finishes)

On the other hand it is a great car so I wouldn't cancel the order. And if you order another PHEV the wait will start all over again.

For the moment there are no reasonable alternatives with same tax friendly wltp CO2 either. Cayenne and XC 90 RR sport are all to high. GLE is a 4 cylinder diesel.
Cancelling is no option. Reordering is the wait all over again. There is no decent alternative. Mercedes, no way in hell!
Porsche way too expensive. I did configure one and it was almost 200K to have the options I have with the X5
Taycan would be a nice weekend car

In the past I sold a BMW 525xd 4 cilinder after 1,5 years. I just didn't like the car and hated the 4 cilinder. So I really don't want a 4 cilinder again. BMW is the only PHEV 6 cilinder. That's the reason I got the 45e. I could never imagine I would have be a PHEV

I will have to sit this one out and drive my wife nuts And hope Spartanburg opens quickly and I'm the next in line.
Appreciate 1
perikifi165.50
      04-11-2020, 03:39 AM   #261
X5 45e
Colonel
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Quote:

Cancelling is no option. Reordering is the wait all over again. There is no decent alternative. Mercedes, no way in hell!
Porsche way too expensive. I did configure one and it was almost 200K to have the options I have with the X5

In the past I sold a BMW 525xd 4 cilinder after 1,5 years. I just didn't like the car and hated the 4 cilinder. So I really don't want a 4 cilinder again. BMW is the only PHEV 6 cilinder. That's the reason I got the 45e. I could never imagine I would have be a PHEV

I will have to sit this one out and drive my wife nuts And hope Spartanburg opens quickly and I'm the next in line.
Good luck on the wait.

On the other hand you can't drive it al lot anyway if you got it now. It would take ages before before you have 2000 km.

And maybe it wouldn't be so bad if you get after the economy starts up again.
Appreciate 0
      04-11-2020, 03:43 AM   #262
X5 45e
Colonel
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Quote:

And you are completely correct about the 4 cylinder. I had a 40e before. Didn't like the sound at all and it missed power. 640 xd after that was a relieve. 45e is even better. Nicer sound.
Appreciate 0
      04-11-2020, 05:28 AM   #263
Heavyd
Major
Rep

Quote:
Good luck on the wait.

On the other hand you can't drive it al lot anyway if you got it now. It would take ages before before you have 2000 km.

No, but I have no car for the moment. Sold the F16 end of February because the garage said everything was on schedule.

On the other hand maybe I'm lucky I could sell the F16 before the crisis for a really good price. And now my firm has no car cost

Really need that car in August for a trip to Austria. Doubt it if I get the car before then. Even doubt it that we can go to Austria with all the COVID problems.
Appreciate 0
      04-11-2020, 06:18 AM   #264
X5 45e
Colonel
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Good luck on the wait.

No, but I have no car for the moment. Sold the F16 end of February because the garage said everything was on schedule.

On the other hand maybe I'm lucky I could sell the F16 before the crisis for a really good price. And now my firm has no car cost

Really need that car in August for a trip to Austria. Doubt it if I get the car before then. Even doubt it that we can go to Austria with all the COVID problems.
We have planned a trip to Austria too end of july. I hope we will be able go there too. We are going to Galtür. The area that was most affected during the winter. Still 3 months. Or only 3 months.
Appreciate 0