Quote:
Originally Posted by TeamKPC View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by TCBavarian View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by pontix View Post
Quote:
USAA is for active, retired, or family members of active/retired. If you have USAA you qualify.

Also, if you have penfed you are fine. You aren't cheating the system. You are eligible. Good luck, you have nothing to worry about.
Hi, to qualify with PENFED you just need to join PENFED opening a savings account and have the account open for more than 60 days?
Yes
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
USAA is for active, retired, or family members of active/retired. If you have USAA you qualify.

Also, if you have penfed you are fine. You aren't cheating the system. You are eligible. Good luck, you have nothing to worry about.
Hi, to qualify with PENFED you just need to join PENFED opening a savings account and have the account open for more than 60 days?
Yes
Does the PenFed incentive applied to the sales price? Or its a rebate after tax calculation?
Sales price
Appreciate 0
      09-01-2021, 12:42 PM   #2532
pontix
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW X5

Quote:
Originally Posted by allinon72 View Post
FYI my local dealer is refusing the Penfed bonus cash offer, saying they don't participate. I don't think they are interpreting it properly, but I don't feel like fighting so I'm just going to try other dealers.
What have you done in that case? Have you changed dealerships?
Appreciate 0
      09-01-2021, 03:04 PM   #2533
allinon72
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 20' M2C, 23' X1

Quote:
Quote:
FYI my local dealer is refusing the Penfed bonus cash offer, saying they don't participate. I don't think they are interpreting it properly, but I don't feel like fighting so I'm just going to try other dealers.
I found an allocation at another dealership where I bought my M3, unfortunately it's 3 hours away instead of 5 miles, but they had no problem with the Penfed discount so I jumped on it. Local dealer has disappointed multiple times in the past but they're the only game in town so they couldn't care less, plus I don't think they actually had an allocation anyway.
Appreciate 0
      09-01-2021, 04:22 PM   #2534
pontix
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
I found an allocation at another dealership where I bought my M3, unfortunately it's 3 hours away instead of 5 miles, but they had no problem with the Penfed discount so I jumped on it. Local dealer has disappointed multiple times in the past but they're the only game in town so they couldn't care less, plus I don't think they actually had an allocation anyway.
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Good move!! I'm thinking to do the same if I get better prices in other places
Appreciate 0
      09-01-2021, 06:20 PM   #2535
alilama55
Rep
Drives: Mitsubishi lancer

I got 5% off MSRP plus the 3250 penfed discount.
Appreciate 0
      09-02-2021, 08:28 AM   #2536
Jason
Administrator
United_States
Rep
Drives: F80 M3

September program rates posted.
Subscribe to Bimmerpost Youtube Channel
Appreciate 0
      09-04-2021, 08:32 AM   #2537
NJSlick
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 5

Wish I read this thread sooner. I just placed my order last week. Is it too late to add Penfed? My allocation won't be available until Nov so should give me the 60 days since even after that they need to build it. Currently I'm going through BMWfs with 1.9% and 5% off MSRP plus the $750 loyalty rebate. I think I'm better off going with the Penfed/true car discount after reading about the .99% and $3250 discount snd I'd still get the loyalty rebate and hopefully they'd honor the 5%. That's an additional $4k!!! Thoughts? Has anyone done this recently?
Appreciate 0
      09-04-2021, 09:02 AM   #2538
MD1801
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2021 Acura RDX

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJSlick View Post
Wish I read this thread sooner. I just placed my order last week. Is it too late to add Penfed? My allocation won't be available until Nov so should give me the 60 days since even after that they need to build it. Currently I'm going through BMWfs with 1.9% and 5% off MSRP plus the $750 loyalty rebate. I think I'm better off going with the Penfed/true car discount after reading about the .99% and $3250 discount snd I'd still get the loyalty rebate and hopefully they'd honor the 5%. That's an additional $4k!!! Thoughts? Has anyone done this recently?
It's not too late if your allocation isn't until November. Open a PenFed account and start the timer on the 60 day requirement (can't generate the code until 60 days in). You don't have any of the rebates (PenFed, BMW or otherwise) actually applied until you're taking delivery and formally signing the paperwork to go home. If the BMW programs improve by that time, you'll have the option of using whatever is in effect at that time also so you'll have a full gamut of options to choose what works best for you in November/December when you actually get your car.
Appreciate 1
      09-04-2021, 09:03 AM   #2539
Brukes
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 328ix / 2020 X7 40i

Quote:
You can't combine PenFed rebate of $3250 and loyalty without also financing with BMWFS. I believe if you finance through BMW, PenFed drops to a $500 rebate.

I'm planning on financing through PenFed at 0.99% and getting the $3250 vs 1.9% and getting $1250 (750+500) via BMWFS.
Appreciate 1
      09-04-2021, 09:22 AM   #2540
NJSlick
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by MD1801 View Post
Quote:
It's not too late if your allocation isn't until November. Open a PenFed account and start the timer on the 60 day requirement (can't generate the code until 60 days in). You don't have any of the rebates (PenFed, BMW or otherwise) actually applied until you're taking delivery and formally signing the paperwork to go home. If the BMW programs improve by that time, you'll have the option of using whatever is in effect at that time also so you'll have a full gamut of options to choose what works best for you in November/December when you actually get your car.
Hmmm they did make me sign a order form. Hopefully I can still make the adjustments.
Appreciate 0
      09-04-2021, 09:25 AM   #2541
NJSlick
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brukes View Post
Quote:
You can't combine PenFed rebate of $3250 and loyalty without also financing with BMWFS. I believe if you finance through BMW, PenFed drops to a $500 rebate.

I'm planning on financing through PenFed at 0.99% and getting the $3250 vs 1.9% and getting $1250 (750+500) via BMWFS.
Still better than what I was saving before. Does the $3,250 come from Penfed or BMW and does that lower the taxable amount? Thanks for the clarification!
Appreciate 0
      09-04-2021, 11:06 AM   #2542
allinon72
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 20' M2C, 23' X1

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brukes View Post
Quote:

Still better than what I was saving before. Does the $3,250 come from Penfed or BMW and does that lower the taxable amount? Thanks for the clarification!
It comes off the purchase price so yes it does lower the taxable amount.
Appreciate 1
      09-04-2021, 08:25 PM   #2543
MD1801
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2021 Acura RDX

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by MD1801 View Post
Quote:
Hmmm they did make me sign a order form. Hopefully I can still make the adjustments.
What you signed is likely a buyer's order which in most places (though they don't like you to know this) is about as useless as the paper it's printed on.

You're not locked into even taking delivery of the vehicle yet, let alone your method of payment so take a breather, relax, and get ready for that shiny new car to arrive comfortable in the knowledge you may just be in line to save some money as well.
Appreciate 1
GrussGott18193.50
      09-11-2021, 06:35 PM   #2544
PandaPuck123
Private
Rep

I posted few questions about X5 couple days ago and got really helpful replies from the community (https://g05.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh...php?p=28016101).

We just got back from the dealership (Houston, TX) with a contract

Got a 2022 X5 with below options:
- Mineral White Metallic
- Premium Package
- Parking Assistance Package
- 20" V-sport wheels
- Aluminum Running Board
- Rear Manual shades
- Glass Control
- 4 Zone climate Control

Got 4% off of MSRP and they matched vroom price for my trade-in

The vehicle was in status "150 - Production Started" so we were not able to make any changes to it.

Few questions:
1. Other than the size, is there any major difference between 19" and 20" wheels ?
2. What kind of welcome light is standard on X5?
3. Dealer said the vehicle should be delivered by end of this month. Does that sound realistic based upon what you guys are seeing ?

Thanks,
Appreciate 0
      09-11-2021, 06:43 PM   #2545
TurtleBoy
General
Rep
Drives: 2019 X5 40i,2021 M340i

^ Congratulations. Good luck, enjoy and be safe.

1. The ride should be very similar feeling between the two.

Name:  iu.jpeg
Views: 1265
Size:  41.7 KB

3. It would all depend on when it is being built but meeting that date could certainly happen. If they haven't already given you it, ask the dealer for the production number. Once you have that then you can call Genius and get the production week, and usually the actual day once the time is closer.
      09-11-2021, 06:45 PM   #2546
PandaPuck123
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurtleBoy View Post
^ Congratulations. Good luck, enjoy and be safe.

1. The ride should be very similar feeling between the two.

Attachment 2693865

3. It would all depend on when it is being built but meeting that date could certainly happen. If they haven't already given you it, ask the dealer for the production number. Once you have that then you can call Genius and get the production week, and usually the actual day once the time is closer.
Thank you TurtleBoy,

Yes, the dealer has provided the Production#
Appreciate 0
      09-11-2021, 10:23 PM   #2547
Achtung79
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by PandaPuck123 View Post
I posted few questions about X5 couple days ago and got really helpful replies from the community (https://g05.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh...php?p=28016101).

We just got back from the dealership (Houston, TX) with a contract

Got a 2022 X5 with below options:
- Mineral White Metallic
- Premium Package
- Parking Assistance Package
- 20" V-sport wheels
- Aluminum Running Board
- Rear Manual shades
- Glass Control
- 4 Zone climate Control

Got 4% off of MSRP and they matched vroom price for my trade-in

The vehicle was in status "150 - Production Started" so we were not able to make any changes to it.

Few questions:
1. Other than the size, is there any major difference between 19" and 20" wheels ?
2. What kind of welcome light is standard on X5?
3. Dealer said the vehicle should be delivered by end of this month. Does that sound realistic based upon what you guys are seeing ?

Thanks,
Congratulations! Also in Houston and the dealerships I’ve spoken too haven’t budged. Do you mind sharing which one?
Appreciate 0
      09-12-2021, 07:41 AM   #2548
PandaPuck123
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Achtung79 View Post
Congratulations! Also in Houston and the dealerships I’ve spoken too haven’t budged. Do you mind sharing which one?
Momentum BMW on I-59
Appreciate 0
      09-12-2021, 01:32 PM   #2549
Achtung79
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by PandaPuck123 View Post
Momentum BMW on I-59
Thank you!
Appreciate 0
      09-13-2021, 08:15 AM   #2550
buckp50
Registered
Rep
Drives: Tesla Model 3, VW Touareg TDI

Bergstom Auto in Appleton, Wis is a great dealer to work with. I got the military discount and over 7% off a new x45e that is currently waiting to be assigned transportation. Can't wait!
Appreciate 0
      09-15-2021, 10:50 AM   #2551
motherkin
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: g05 45e

Quote:
It comes off the purchase price so yes it does lower the taxable amount.
Varies by state? Don't know that's the case in CA
Appreciate 0
      09-21-2021, 01:05 PM   #2552
turbopanda
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 BMW X5; 2018 BMW M3

Is anyone seeing 5%+ off MSRP in any of the southeast dealerships? Looking for a fully loaded X5 xdrive40i. Hoping to get this discount plus the $3250 from PenFed.
Appreciate 0