OC Guy
General
United_States
Rep
Drives: AW 335D E90

Garage List
2007 335i  [0.00]
Quote:
Chris Broussard said on ESPN Friday that a big reason that LeBron James didn't sign with the Bulls is that they didn't offer enough perks for LeBron's family and friends.

One of LeBron's buddies was hired by the Cavaliers and he wanted his entourage to be able to travel on the Bulls' tab, but the team, according to Broussard, said 'we didn't do that for Michael Jordan, so we're not doing it for you.'
This was reported before in the media that Chicago said no to all the special perks.

They are all spoiled athletes but it seems as Lebron is the worst of the worst. He's been groomed very poorly so far. In HS no one said no to him. When he got to the NBA, no one has said no to him as well. Dan Gilbert has not helped this cause at all. It could be his downfall one day.

I've been saying it for weeks that the media loves to build people up and then tear them down. It might be Lebron's turn. It doesn't help that his marketing crew are all his homies and no one has a college degree.

Current: 2010 Alpine White 335D LCI l 19" BBS LMs l KW V2 Coilovers l BMW Performance Grilles l MSport Front/Rear l Karbonwerke Trunk l F1 Pinnacle Tint 35% Former: E92 Space Grey 335i Latest pics
Appreciate 0
      07-09-2010, 04:41 PM   #310
ejazbmw
blahhh
Rep
Drives: 2014 M235I

Quote:
Originally Posted by OC 335i View Post
Do you actually have the money break down on this? I do know the salary cap rules. I do know that he was entitled more money if the team that has his bird rights resigns him as they can pay more. I do know that he is entitled to 6 years if he resigns with the Cavs vs. another team.

Let me phrase this more clearly,

How much is Lebron going to make per year in Miami?

How much was he entitled to make in Cleveland?

How much was the max Lebron could sign for any team other than Cleveland? (Example, is max money in Chicago actually less than what he will be paid in Miami; see state income tax)

What is the difference between the two numbers factoring no state income tax to Miami?

If you can't answer these questions, don't just feed me an answer that you aren't qualified to answer.

Thanks.
lol dude chill out your acting like his income is going to affect you somehow like your going to get a cut or something
Appreciate 0
      07-09-2010, 04:45 PM   #311
OC Guy
General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2007 335i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by ejazbmw View Post
lol dude chill out your acting like his income is going to affect you somehow like your going to get a cut or something
No one said it was going to affect me. If you don't know, just stay quiet. You'll look smarter that way. Or you can keep lobbing ideas out there you have no clue about.

This is a NBA discussion.

Current: 2010 Alpine White 335D LCI l 19" BBS LMs l KW V2 Coilovers l BMW Performance Grilles l MSport Front/Rear l Karbonwerke Trunk l F1 Pinnacle Tint 35% Former: E92 Space Grey 335i Latest pics
Appreciate 0
      07-09-2010, 04:49 PM   #312
abisson
Canada FTW.
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2016 VW R - Stg 2

Isn't always about money one way or another?

He is young, NBA Superstar and self-fish. I think it says it all.
Appreciate 0
      07-09-2010, 05:53 PM   #313
coh4777
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 07 BMW 335i Coupe

Quote:
Do you actually have the money break down on this? I do know the salary cap rules. I do know that he was entitled more money if the team that has his bird rights resigns him as they can pay more. I do know that he is entitled to 6 years if he resigns with the Cavs vs. another team.

Let me phrase this more clearly,

How much is Lebron going to make per year in Miami?

How much was he entitled to make in Cleveland?

How much was the max Lebron could sign for any team other than Cleveland? (Example, is max money in Chicago actually less than what he will be paid in Miami; see state income tax)

What is the difference between the two numbers factoring no state income tax to Miami?

If you can't answer these questions, don't just feed me an answer that you aren't qualified to answer.

Thanks.
Here is how I understand it and my numbers may not be exact so feel free to correct me, but Cleveland could have offered a 6 year $128 million contract, while the most any other team could offer is 5 year $99 million. So this is the roughly $30 million difference in guaranteed money I was talking about. It sounds like LeBron will probably end up getting something less than this by signing with Miami.

If you are asking on a per year basis, then obviously the difference is much less. 6 year $128 million comes to $21.3 million per year before taxes, while 5 year $99 million comes to $19.8 million per year before taxes. If you are asking after state taxes, Ohio maximum tax rate is 5.925%, so after tax in Celevalnd would have been $20.1 million, and after tax in Miami would be $19.8 million. Difference of about $270k per year.

So yes on an after tax per year basis, it's not a big deal, but what if LeBron blows out his knees in 6 months. The $30 million in guaranteed money he left on the table is never coming back.

Anyway, all I was trying to say from the beginning is that the guy gave up money for a chance to win a title. I don't see how you can fault him for that.

Appreciate 0
      07-09-2010, 07:16 PM   #314
335fourdoor
Captain
Rep
Drives: 335 e90

LEBRON IS A PIECE OF SHIT.

i'll give it 5 games into the regular season,where him and wade are going to have problems( too much hogging the ball,shooting without set plays etc....). feel sorry for bosch for being stuck in the middle.and don't forget the curse that dan gilbert put on the heat.
Appreciate 0
      07-09-2010, 07:25 PM   #315
OC Guy
General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2007 335i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by coh4777 View Post
Here is how I understand it and my numbers may not be exact so feel free to correct me, but Cleveland could have offered a 6 year $128 million contract, while the most any other team could offer is 5 year $99 million. So this is the roughly $30 million difference in guaranteed money I was talking about. It sounds like LeBron will probably end up getting something less than this by signing with Miami.

If you are asking on a per year basis, then obviously the difference is much less. 6 year $128 million comes to $21.3 million per year before taxes, while 5 year $99 million comes to $19.8 million per year before taxes. If you are asking after state taxes, Ohio maximum tax rate is 5.925%, so after tax in Celevalnd would have been $20.1 million, and after tax in Miami would be $19.8 million. Difference of about $270k per year.

So yes on an after tax per year basis, it's not a big deal, but what if LeBron blows out his knees in 6 months. The $30 million in guaranteed money he left on the table is never coming back.

Anyway, all I was trying to say from the beginning is that the guy gave up money for a chance to win a title. I don't see how you can fault him for that.
I see. So the difference isn't huge other than the guaranteed money, which is a factor, but usually not a huge one for Superstar players. Players are insured anyways. One thing about contracts like that is almost all the time, players opt out before it's over anyways to resign for more money.

"Taking less money" is a bit deceptive here considering he really isn't taking less per year. He basically could make more money or around the same long term since he has a 3 year opt out with Miami. If you calculate endorsement opportunities, my money is he will make more in Miami.

Appreciate 0
      07-09-2010, 07:31 PM   #316
OC Guy
General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2007 335i  [0.00]
I just thought of something really scary...

If Cavs since Mike Miller, I can see Riley trying to run Showtime with Lebron running the PG spot.

PG Lebron
SG Wade
SF Miller

At least that's what I would try and bring Chalmers off the bench.

Appreciate 0
      07-09-2010, 07:49 PM   #317
Inspired
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by 335fourdoor View Post
LEBRON IS A PIECE OF SHIT.

i'll give it 5 games into the regular season,where him and wade are going to have problems( too much hogging the ball,shooting without set plays etc....). feel sorry for bosch for being stuck in the middle.and don't forget the curse that dan gilbert put on the heat.
Please watch the olympic games..The problem is not selfish playing between Wade and Lebron. The problem is that they are too unselfish. They both average ~7 assist per game in their career.

Quote:
I just thought of something really scary...

If Cavs since Mike Miller, I can see Riley trying to run Showtime with Lebron running the PG spot.

PG Lebron
SG Wade
SF Miller

At least that's what I would try and bring Chalmers off the bench.
That is exactly what they are planning to do. But the problem they have is a desperate need of a good Center. Bosh does not want to play the Center position. They originally wanted Haywood or David Lee but since they are going else where the Heat do not have much options.
Appreciate 0
      07-09-2010, 08:09 PM   #318
wj4
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 manual 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hedges View Post
Raptors don't need Bosh, we going to come out swinging still.........i think
You guys still have Hedo!

LeBron and Wade are not selfish. Wade wasn't even a starter in the Olympics BY CHOICE. They were the leader on their team prior to this formation...thus having to take the dominant scorer position. It's just like how Kobe had to score, what, 40 points to keep up with the Raptors when he had no one on the squad.

LOL at the curse. More like the curse is on any team from Cleveland.

I was almost tempted to buy the Lebron sticker since Gilbert lowered the price from some $100 to $17.xx, birth year of Benedict Arnold.
Appreciate 0
      07-09-2010, 08:13 PM   #319
choicez
Major
Rep
Drives: you mad

If you're not tired of this Lebron spectacle, watch ESPN News now for the Big 3 introduction party.
Appreciate 0
      07-09-2010, 08:17 PM   #320
OC Guy
General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2007 335i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by wj4 View Post
You guys still have Hedo!

LeBron and Wade are not selfish. Wade wasn't even a starter in the Olympics BY CHOICE. They were the leader on their team prior to this formation...thus having to take the dominant scorer position. It's just like how Kobe had to score, what, 40 points to keep up with the Raptors when he had no one on the squad.

LOL at the curse. More like the curse is on any team from Cleveland.

I was almost tempted to buy the Lebron sticker since Gilbert lowered the price from some $100 to $17.xx, birth year of Benedict Arnold.
1747. Gilbert is so sour lol.

Appreciate 0
      07-09-2010, 08:18 PM   #321
OC Guy
General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2007 335i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by twinturbo335 View Post
That is exactly what they are planning to do. But the problem they have is a desperate need of a good Center. Bosh does not want to play the Center position. They originally wanted Haywood or David Lee but since they are going else where the Heat do not have much options.
Where does it say that is what they were planning to do? (PG = Lebron) I haven't read a report on it.

They will have a tough time getting a big man. Big men are getting overpaid (as usual) and the pending CBA/lockout in 2 years does not help at all.

Appreciate 0
      07-09-2010, 08:21 PM   #322
Inspired
Colonel
Rep

Lebron as PG. I heard it on sportscenter.
Appreciate 0
      07-09-2010, 08:36 PM   #323
OC Guy
General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2007 335i  [0.00]
Definitely. I've been hearing it all day on different reports and sports radio.

Lebron is in trouble. The media giveth and taketh away. They built him up and now they are going to make a killing tearing him apart.

What a crazy turnaround.

In April, before the NBA Playoffs, the Cavs were playing great. People that they were unbeatable. Shaq was going to shutdown D12 and they were going to meet the Lakers in the Finals. The Lakers on the other hand... Kobe was really banged up, the Lakers were limping into the Finals, not playing well at all.

Month or two later...

The Cavs steam roll their first two opponents and meet the Celtics. It was widely believed that Lebron quit on his team in Game 5 and the Cavs lose to the Celtics in Game 6. It is also quietly rumored that the locker room is fragmented as Delonte West slept with Lebron's mom.

The Lakers reach the NBA Finals. Lebron holds a press conference with Larry King which people criticize him for. What is he doing? He lost and now he's trying to upstage the Finals? Lakers proceed to win the NBA Finals, Kobe is the MVP.

Lebron holds his media circus and gets rippppped apart by the media. Now people are saying, look at Kobe, look at Kevin Durant. They resigned with their teams and don't do an hour special about this (it was an article, not my thoughts).

Now Lebron is a Narcissist and the biggest Villain in the NBA and Kobe is the "Professional" that goes to work and just cares about winning.

Oh how the tables turn. David Stern must be going crazy right now knowing the guy that was supposed to lead the NBA into a new era is now the biggest jerk.

Appreciate 0
      07-09-2010, 09:27 PM   #324
OC Guy
General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2007 335i  [0.00]
PS: Congrats to Chris Bosh for earning "best basketball trio ever" status by winning 3 career playoff games and making 5 lotteries.
- Bill Simmons.

Wade said they are the best 3 basketball guys ever assembled.
Magic/Kareem/Worthy say hell no
Jordan/Pippen/Rodman are laughing

LeNarcissist predicted 7+ titles.
Yo, Lebron, you gotta win one first. You got swept your only appearance.

Glad these guys have their egos in check.

Appreciate 0
      07-09-2010, 09:56 PM   #325
choicez
Major
Rep
Drives: you mad

Jordan has spoken...

Appreciate 0
      07-09-2010, 10:59 PM   #326
ghosthi32
Banned
Rep
Drives: Water camel

just wait and see what happens before criticizing them.
Appreciate 0
      07-09-2010, 10:59 PM   #327
Inspired
Colonel
Rep

Sources are saying that Shaq and Matt Barnes could possibly go to Miami..
Appreciate 0
      07-09-2010, 11:05 PM   #328
ghosthi32
Banned
Rep
Drives: Water camel

laker fans...

http://sports.espn.go.com/los-angele...ory?id=5368129

Appreciate 0
      07-09-2010, 11:10 PM   #329
Inspired
Colonel
Rep

Let's not forget Raja Bell.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/4...s-lakers-offer

He turned down the Lakers deal to either go Miami or Orlando.
Appreciate 0
      07-09-2010, 11:23 PM   #330
335iheLLraiseR
اوليسيس
United_States
Rep
Drives: e92 335

Garage List
2007 e92 335  [10.00]
Derek Fisher is in talks with the Heat.
Anyone who can transition seamlessly from defending one vendor and bashing another vendor to bashing the one he formally defended and defending the one he formally bashed has a instant credibility problem.
<---Sign up Now for Bonus Storage! Up to 10gb!
Appreciate 0