BMW X5
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

06-21-2023, 07:36 AM   #1
chefwong
Major
Rep
Drives: X5

1 Year Anniversery Coming Up -> X7

1 Year Oil Change due in a month from today. I do plan to look at the X7 while at the dealer.

Length, Width - I prefer the X5 .
We had comfort rear in our previous and this one *small* detail is one that missed my radar on the G05 *not that it was even an offered option* regardless.

On its 1st interior detail/vac was the 1st time I literally sat in the back. It's literally been on my radar since -every weekend- when it get's a wipe down and vac. Kiddo's ain't complaining but the rear seats comfort are just abysmal. In our F15, we've always kept it on full recline and only moved it forward if I didn't need to drop the seat to fit something but did have to gain 2 inches more in order to close the bottom hatch.

Anyhow, just my gripe of the day I suppose.

Last edited by chefwong; 06-21-2023 at 08:34 AM..
Appreciate 0
      06-21-2023, 07:54 AM   #2
Marty in NY
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 21 X5 40i, 18 GTi, Snowblower

I was also pretty disappointed that the rear seats in the standard X5 don't recline when they obviously have the design because it was in the three row version. Why didn't they just leave it that way? Heck, even the lowly four cylinder VW Tiguan as reclining rear seats. I mean if you're going to offer heated rear seats with a complete HVAC for the rear seats, why would you not make them recline and slide back a little?
Appreciate 2
realdah57.00
Vivek.1367.50
      06-21-2023, 08:32 AM   #3
cellarrat
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2022 X5 45e

I am tall, have long legs, and keep my seat all the way back. In that position, in my X5 I wouldn't put anyone over 8 back there. Literally can't get my briefcase between the seat back and the back seat. Ridiculous. I rarely carry passengers, but when I do it is embarrassing. This isn't a sports car!
Appreciate 0