BMW X5
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

08-28-2018, 09:29 AM   #1
eatsleepboost
Captain
Rep
Drives: Evo

McLaren on the track

I am currently in Dubai UAE and had a booking for a half dozen laps in a McLaren 570s Sprint track only car with full cage etc straight from McLaren.

Let me start by saying I am a complete car enthusiast. I am an auto mechanic and I have owned and built several cars with my current car being an e92 m3 with the ESS 625 kit. I have done a ton of drag racing but never road racing.

So I went to the autodrome and they take you for a few laps with an instructor in an Audi tt to learn the track and the apex's. Then it's time to get into the McLaren with another instructor. All I can say is WOW. This was one of the best experiences of my life. I am sure being a beginner track goer had something to do with my excitement but that car is something special. The instructor pushes me to take the car to the limits while giving audible instructions the whole time. I am now realizing hitting the 160mph down the strait wasn't the funnest part, it was the hard braking and cornering into turn 1 and the full throttle coming out. The car screaming with the beautiful exhaust they have on it.

I am overjoyed by the experience and I am now going to seek track days in my m3 but I cannot get that car out of my head. I keep looking up used mp4-12c's online and thinking how I can get into one. Gotta start saving my pennies. Just thought I would share since it's a car related topic and I haven't been this excited since I swapped turbos on my old evo 10 years ago.
Appreciate 3
overcoil3068.50
1and11851.50
beats225.00
      08-28-2018, 12:17 PM   #2
FC4
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: Yes

Cool.
Appreciate 0
      08-28-2018, 04:32 PM   #3
1and1
Loves me some MHD!
United_States
Rep
Drives: faster than he should...

Garage List
'09 135i  [10.00]
Sounds like time to hook up with your local Boston SCCA chapter and start some autocrossing!

I'm totally jealous! Wish you had some pics to share
X1 - E84.N20 2013 MGM - JB4 - The Wife's, now with new turbo & ewg
Appreciate 0