BMW X5
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

05-20-2024, 10:05 AM   #1189
starlights
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: G05 50i

Other manufacturers may be affected by gremlins similar to what's being reported here for plugin hybrids. We also own a Volvo T8 XC60 and got the "Drivetrain malfunction - reduced performance" along with check engine light. Although it cleared itself up after 15 mins, we had the car towed to the nearest dealership and they are checking it out. It seems to be a pervasive problem with dual drivetrains.
Appreciate 0
      05-20-2024, 10:15 PM   #1190
weastwood
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2024 BMW X5 50e

Quote:
Originally Posted by krypttic View Post
You may find that it works just fine when you try to start it again in the morning. However, it is indicative of a underlying issue so you should definitely take it in.
It was clear this morning, just moving the car. Did not drive it anywhere today. Will tomorrow. Reached out to service advisor but no response yet. Will take it in for sure to make sure nothing more serious is going on. Hoping it was just a tech glitch..
Appreciate 0
      05-20-2024, 10:26 PM   #1191
mnx5er
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW X5 3.5i

Interesting discussion with a sales person today. They are very aware of the 50e issues and he personally sold two 50e, one has been in service 3 times, the other 5 times. He also said the XM is having the same issues and has a client with one.
Appreciate 1
      Yesterday, 05:56 PM   #1192
mlx52
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: BMW X5 50e

First time poster in this forum, have tried to catch up on as much as possible, and I guess glad to see I'm not alone in this issue.

First CEL was in November (May build), dealer replaced with comment "Expansion vent failure. Found fault 22F65 high voltage battery unit refrigerant shutoff value. Valve stuck open" Based on that, seems like the first CEL was what everyone else has been experiencing.

Second CEL came on 5/19, in shop now, first pass seems to be the same thing.

Question to do the group, has anyone thought it might be from "bad" power/bad re-charge, or totally not linked? The reason I ask, we recently came back from a road trip where we plugged into a newly installed juicebox. The juicebox didn't show any errors, but the CEL came on two days after the first time charging there.
Appreciate 0
      Today, 12:32 AM   #1193
Kforau
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2017 Audi Q7

My question would be - I see a lot of owners with initial problems, is this continuous cycle for the owner, or does it get permanently fixed after a few times? And I know data is being collected here, but how many have no problems?
Appreciate 0