BMW X5
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

07-08-2020, 03:46 PM   #133
JTG1
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 X5 xDrive 40i M Sport

Seems like most of the folks who have acoustic glass say it's worth it, so kind of a bummer if they no longer offer it as an option.
Appreciate 0
      07-08-2020, 06:55 PM   #134
handsomdave
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: m4

that's annoying. i've noticed the intro price was originally $150 and now up to $600-650?

seems like clients are still ordering despite the price increase. i'm sure many folks would still consider that as an option even at $700 or so.

ill be interested to see if they update the acoustic glass on my21 on the configurator. after hearing reviews about it, i was sold on that extra silence/ pairing with bowers stereo for interior acoustics.
      07-08-2020, 08:25 PM   #135
BobsM3Coupe
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: X5MC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cooltones View Post
Hi Folks,
This morning I checked the status of my X5 and saw the "Today's the day: your BMW has entered the production queue." notification. VIN was also posted on the site!
Production schedule originally quoted Week 29 as the production build week so I'm happy to see that things got started a couple of weeks early.
So now it's officially confirmed: I'll be getting a 2020 with all the options I hoped for:

Mineral White Metallic exterior
Black Extended Merino Leather
Bowers & Wilkins sound system
Extended Shadowline Trim
Glass Controls
Htd Fr Seats Armrests / S Whl
Acoustic glass
Luggage-compartment package
M Sport Brakes with Blue Calip
Space-saver spare
Front massaging seats
Front ventilated seats
Multi-contour seats
Drivers Assistance Professional Package
Executive Package (includes the soft close doors option)
M Sport Package
2-axle air suspension
21" M wheel 741M w/perf rft
Anthracite Alcantara Headliner
Leather Dashboard

Some of you noted that there may be a chance that my order would have been cancelled for one reason or another, forcing me to get a 2021 X5 xDrive40i with many of the options I wanted no longer being available (for the 40i model)-- GLAD that didn't happen.

I hear there are a few remaining 2020 X5 build allocations still available if any of you are interested.

Cheers,
-Tony
Glad you are pleased.

This late into the current model year, there is no way I would want a current year model of any vehicle. The 2021's will be on the lot in a month. Then the 2020's will already be a year old. There are already some 2021 X3M's on dealer lots in the US.
Appreciate 0
      07-08-2020, 09:11 PM   #136
ORD_Flyer
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 BMW X5 40i MSport

New to Bimmerpost but thought I'd enter my build dates since a couple folks on this thread are expecting their G05s soon.

6/12 Ordered
6/13 Production Scheduled
6/23 Production Queue where it still stands as of today
7/10 Estimated Build completion date based on Genius line

2020 X5 40i M Sport
Carbon Black
M Brakes
Vernasca seats with contrast
20" M 704 wheels (Chicago driving)
Exec Package
Air suspension
HK audio

11.5% off msrp before incentives
Appreciate 2
      07-08-2020, 10:48 PM   #137
Cooltones
Happy M Driver
United_States
Rep
Drives: E60 M5, F82 M4, G05 X5

I make it a point to keep my cars for 5+ years, and enjoy driving them without concern for what the mileage on the odometer is.
The model year is irrelevant for me.

To each his own.
Cheers,
-Tony

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobsM3Coupe View Post
Glad you are pleased.

This late into the current model year, there is no way I would want a current year model of any vehicle. The 2021's will be on the lot in a month. Then the 2020's will already be a year old. There are already some 2021 X3M's on dealer lots in the US.
2020 X5 40i M Sport - The "Unicorn" (B&W Sound, Touch Screen, Heated/Cooled Cup Holders, Soft Close Doors, Acoustic Glass, Full Alcantara & Glass Controls, Luggage Compartment Package, Heated/Ventilated Seats, Laser Lights, Fog Lights)
2016 M4 Coupe; 2008 Dinan S1 M5; 2006 530i; 1998 328i
Appreciate 4
      07-09-2020, 06:33 AM   #138
JJC01
Rep
Drives: BMW X535d, X5M50i, Audi S5Cab

And Then There Is Also The Excise Tax Savings

Quote:
I make it a point to keep my cars for 5+ years, and enjoy driving them without concern for what the mileage on the odometer is.

To each his own.
Cheers,
-Tony
My SR called me about two weeks ago and was pushing hard for me to pass on my order and go with "the dealership's first 2021 X5 M50i allocation." I think he may have had someone very interested in my build and willing to pay full price or above. Regardless, I thought about it, also keep my vehicles for more than five years and realized the excise tax savings would help make up for any additional value the 2021 would bring with it over time. After this extended wait and the recent spike in COVID cases in SC, I also gave weight to the "bird in hand." But as you said, everyone has different approaches and considerations that influence their purchases and go with what works best for them. In the end, that's what matters; what's best for each individual situation and preference.

Last edited by JJC01; 07-09-2020 at 12:57 PM..
Appreciate 2
      07-09-2020, 01:49 PM   #139
ORD_Flyer
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJC01 View Post
Quote:

To each his own.
Cheers,
-Tony
My SR called me about two weeks ago and was pushing hard for me to pass on my order and go with "the dealership's first 2021 X5 M50i allocation." I think he may have had someone very interested in my build and willing to pay full price or above. Regardless, I thought about it, also keep my vehicles for more than five years and realized the excise tax savings would help make up for any additional value the 2021 would bring with it over time. After this extended wait and the recent spike in COVID cases in SC, I also gave weight to the "bird in hand." But as you said, everyone has different approaches and considerations that influence their purchases and go with what works best for them. In the end, that's what matters; what's best for each individual situation and preference.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JJC01 View Post
Quote:

To each his own.
Cheers,
-Tony
Very interesting. Did your dealership offer you any new incentives to pass on your current order and go with a 2021 model? How far along were you in your build when they asked you? I was wondering about possibly being outbid on my order. We have both signed the pricing details but this is my first BMW order so I wasn't sure.
Appreciate 0
      07-09-2020, 04:16 PM   #140
JJC01
Rep
Drives: BMW X535d, X5M50i, Audi S5Cab

Quote:
Originally Posted by ORD_Flyer View Post
Very interesting. Did your dealership offer you any new incentives to pass on your current order and go with a 2021 model? How far along were you in your build when they asked you? I was wondering about possibly being outbid on my order. We have both signed the pricing details but this is my first BMW order so I wasn't sure.
No incentive was offered. I placed the order for my vehicle on March 12th and my build is projected to begin 20JUL, so I was approx. three weeks out at the time of the conversation. I placed a deposit on this vehicle/allocation when I placed the order and could track it on “My BMW” USA, using the production number provided by the dealer, from that point on. That vehicle appears immediately above my wife’s 2012 X5, on the “My Garage” page, so I can’t imagine they would be able to take it from me unwillingly after taking my $, especially now that I have a VIN# assigned.
Appreciate 1
      07-10-2020, 11:21 AM   #141
JTG1
Private
United_States
Rep

That's interesting, mine was ordered on 5/30, but didn't move to "production begins" until 7/1, and estimated build completion date is 7/19. So I guess yours moved quite a bit quicker from order to production than mine. Oh well, congrats on your build!

Quote:
New to Bimmerpost but thought I'd enter my build dates since a couple folks on this thread are expecting their G05s soon.

6/12 Ordered
Appreciate 1
JJC0114.00
      07-10-2020, 12:57 PM   #142
Cooltones
Happy M Driver
United_States
Rep

It seems that it depends on the BMW dealership build allocations. I noticed that when I placed my order on June 10th I noticed that the build allocation stated the "Confirmed Production" to be week 29, so I figured I probably would not get any notification until next week (July 13th week); however, I got the "Production Begins" notification on June 26th. I almost wish they had not shared that info with me so early as it's now July 10th and it still says "Production Begins"...

Calling the BMW NA number stated that the expected build completion date is July 14th, which is now only 4 days away.

I'll let you guys know when my status goes beyond "Production Begins". From what I heard here on the forum the "Production Begins" status can range from 1-2 weeks, and then when it moves to "Exterior Body Assembly Begins" and beyond it zips through.

We'll see. Meanwhile I'm just keeping myself busy with my job and the periodic check-in on Bimmerpost. This is my 6th BMW over the span of almost 20 years and I STILL feel like an anxious kid waiting for the Christmas presents to arrive from Santa...

Cheers,
-Tony

Quote:
Originally Posted by JTG1 View Post
That's interesting, mine was ordered on 5/30, but didn't move to "production begins" until 7/1, and estimated build completion date is 7/19. So I guess yours moved quite a bit quicker from order to production than mine. Oh well, congrats on your build!
2020 X5 40i M Sport - The "Unicorn" (B&W Sound, Touch Screen, Heated/Cooled Cup Holders, Soft Close Doors, Acoustic Glass, Full Alcantara & Glass Controls, Luggage Compartment Package, Heated/Ventilated Seats, Laser Lights, Fog Lights)
Appreciate 1
JJC0114.00
      07-10-2020, 01:03 PM   #143
ORD_Flyer
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep

Quote:

Quote:

6/12 Ordered
Quote:

Quote:

6/12 Ordered
Thanks! Based on what I've seen on this forum, build dates are based on dealer allocations. When I was shopping between dealers, allocation was one my main questions and my dealer quoted 4-6 weeks and it's looking like it's going to be 5 weeks total to delivery.

On that note, the build date I received from Genius was spot on. My online status flew today from Production Queue > Painting Booth > Exterior to basically Assembly Line where it's sitting right now. So there's a very good chance your 7/19 date will be accurate. At least based on other's experiences in this forum. Congrats as well!
Appreciate 2
Cooltones241.00
JJC0114.00
      07-13-2020, 08:11 AM   #144
Cooltones
Happy M Driver
United_States
Rep

UPDATE:
June 26th: "Production Begins" - BMW NA Automated Phone System provided an "Estimated Completion Date" of July 13th. Visiting MY BMW Garage website, the status was stuck at "Production Begins" until this morning:
July 13th: It zipped from "Exterior Body Assembly, "In Paint Booth", to "Entering Assembly Line".
I've heard that things can move pretty quick through the assembly line. We'll see.

Quote:
It seems that it depends on the BMW dealership build allocations. I noticed that when I placed my order on June 10th I noticed that the build allocation stated the "Confirmed Production" to be week 29, so I figured I probably would not get any notification until next week (July 13th week); however, I got the "Production Begins" notification on June 26th. I almost wish they had not shared that info with me so early as it's now July 10th and it still says "Production Begins"...

Calling the BMW NA number stated that the expected build completion date is July 14th, which is now only 4 days away.

I'll let you guys know when my status goes beyond "Production Begins". From what I heard here on the forum the "Production Begins" status can range from 1-2 weeks, and then when it moves to "Exterior Body Assembly Begins" and beyond it zips through.

We'll see. Meanwhile I'm just keeping myself busy with my job and the periodic check-in on Bimmerpost. This is my 6th BMW over the span of almost 20 years and I STILL feel like an anxious kid waiting for the Christmas presents to arrive from Santa...

Cheers,
-Tony
Appreciate 3
JTG160.00
JJC0114.00
      07-13-2020, 11:47 AM   #145
JTG1
Private
United_States
Rep

Nice! Shouldn't be long now!

Quote:
UPDATE:
June 26th: "Production Begins" - BMW NA Automated Phone System provided an "Estimated Completion Date" of July 13th. Visiting MY BMW Garage website, the status was stuck at "Production Begins" until this morning:
July 13th: It zipped from "Exterior Body Assembly, "In Paint Booth", to "Entering Assembly Line".
I've heard that things can move pretty quick through the assembly line. We'll see.
Appreciate 1
Cooltones241.00
      07-16-2020, 08:42 AM   #146
Cooltones
Happy M Driver
United_States
Rep

UPDATE:
June 26th: "Production Begins" - BMW NA Automated Phone System provided an "Estimated Completion Date" of July 13th.
July 14th: "Quality Check" - Previous posts suggested that your vehicle can get stuck in Quality Check from 1 to 15+ days, and never really find out why. Some suggested vehicles on hold due to parts shortages.
July 16th: "Awaiting Carrier Assignment" - Nice surprise.

I know a few of you have your 2020 X5 going through a build right now (The "Last of the 2020's"). Would be curious to hear how your progress is doing.

Cheers,
-Tony
Appreciate 1
JTG160.00
      07-16-2020, 10:35 AM   #147
ORD_Flyer
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep

July 10: Awaiting Carrier Assignment
July 14: Arrived at dealership (Chicago)

Interestingly, Genius line said it was scheduled to be at the dealership on July 19 and he specifically said it's normally accurate. But I did confirm with my CA that it was at the dealership as of July 14. I'm taking delivery tomorrow so hopefully there are no hiccups. He also mentioned they would need a day to "prep" the car so that could mean cleaning and/or title as well so he was asking if I wanted to take delivery the evening of July 15 which I had deferred to take delivery on July 18. Work sometimes gets in the way of fun

He didn't send me any pics or anything so I'm taking his word for it but this is for a 2020 model so your delivery should be very soon.
Appreciate 3
Cooltones241.00
JTG160.00
      07-16-2020, 02:25 PM   #148
JTG1
Private
United_States
Rep

I'm still at "Production Begins", where I've been since July 1. I talked to our sales guy this morning (July 16), and he said he's showing production is scheduled to be completed on July 18 (Genius automated hotline says July 17). So he said we'll definitely have it by end of the month, but I'm hoping if things move really fast it could be at the dealership by end of next week. We'll see.

I thought about asking him about the whole Apple Car Key thing, since it's now sounding like that may be for builds beginning in August, as opposed to July, but I decided it wasn't worth getting into it. I did tell him that if somehow it doesn't have the latest iDrive 07/2020 version from the factory (which I would assume it would?), that I'd like to see if they can do that at the dealership when I take delivery.
Appreciate 1
JJC0114.00
      07-16-2020, 03:15 PM   #149
Cooltones
Happy M Driver
United_States
Rep

Did you happen to use the BMW NA automated phone system? In addition to telling me my X5 was at "Production Begins" it also did say, "Your estimated completion date is July 14th". What I've heard from others, and now have personally experienced is that the day before the estimated completion date (in my case July 13th) is when the build status "magically" moved through the next few steps. If yours is scheduled to be completed by July 18th, I wouldn't be surprised if your build status starts advancing on July 17th. That would be tomorrow Friday so let's see what happens.

Yeah, I heard something about the Apple Car Key feature not actually being put on vehicles until August 2020. If not, I'm telling myself it's not a big deal. What's more of a big deal to me is us getting the latest iDrive software update. Let's be sure to both check in on where our X5s land with the software release.

Shouldn't be too much longer until your X5 gets moving through the line.
Cheers,
-Tony

Quote:
I'm still at "Production Begins", where I've been since July 1. I talked to our sales guy this morning (July 16), and he said he's showing production is scheduled to be completed on July 18 (Genius automated hotline says July 17). So he said we'll definitely have it by end of the month, but I'm hoping if things move really fast it could be at the dealership by end of next week. We'll see.

I thought about asking him about the whole Apple Car Key thing, since it's now sounding like that may be for builds beginning in August, as opposed to July, but I decided it wasn't worth getting into it. I did tell him that if somehow it doesn't have the latest iDrive 07/2020 version from the factory (which I would assume it would?), that I'd like to see if they can do that at the dealership when I take delivery.
Appreciate 1
JJC0114.00
      07-16-2020, 04:53 PM   #150
JTG1
Private
United_States
Rep

Yep, when I referred to the Genius hotline quoting an estimated completion date of July 17, I meant the automated phone system. So, its date and the date from our sales guy of July 18 are off by a day, but what's a day, right? It's almost like the more I check the website, I'm convinced I'm somehow going to will it beyond the "Production Begins" stage...

Quote:
Did you happen to use the BMW NA automated phone system? In addition to telling me my X5 was at "Production Begins" it also did say, "Your estimated completion date is July 14th". What I've heard from others, and now have personally experienced is that the day before the estimated completion date (in my case July 13th) is when the build status "magically" moved through the next few steps. If yours is scheduled to be completed by July 18th, I wouldn't be surprised if your build status starts advancing on July 17th. That would be tomorrow Friday so let's see what happens.

Yeah, I heard something about the Apple Car Key feature not actually being put on vehicles until August 2020. If not, I'm telling myself it's not a big deal. What's more of a big deal to me is us getting the latest iDrive software update. Let's be sure to both check in on where our X5s land with the software release.

Shouldn't be too much longer until your X5 gets moving through the line.
Cheers,
-Tony
Appreciate 2
Cooltones241.00
JJC0114.00
      07-17-2020, 09:51 AM   #151
JTG1
Private
United_States
Rep

Here we go!
Attached Images

Appreciate 2
      07-18-2020, 08:41 PM   #152
ORD_Flyer
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep

Hey All -

Just picked her up yesterday and couldn't be happier so far. Definitely the best car I've ever had and looking forward to the next drive which I couldn't say about my old car.

Some things to note for those taking delivery soon:

• My car had a completion date of 7/10/20 but still came with the 03/2020 version of iDrive. Might be worth requesting the upgrade with your dealer if there's some time between arrival and delivery.
• My garage has a rolling code and the BMW video on setting this up did not work for me. I actually searched for the solution in this forum and found what I needed. Just a heads up.
• I still can't get the native Spotify app to work I can see it but in order to play music from my Spotify playlist; I have to use CarPlay
• This was mentioned in another thread but I have polarized Ray Bans which really lightens the view of the HUD. I've mitigated this issue somewhat by just brightening that setting

There's a ton more I'm learning but those are some quick items I've noticed in real world driving.

Either way, you're gonna love the new ride. Enjoy!
Appreciate 5
TurtleBoy12880.50
Auricom4349.50
Cooltones241.00
tvasica70.50
JTG160.00
      07-18-2020, 10:10 PM   #153
Cooltones
Happy M Driver
United_States
Rep

Awesome!
Congrats on finally getting your new ride!
I appreciate the insight on the iDrive software update. It's Day 3 "Awaiting Carrier Assignment" so hopefully not much longer.
Yup - I've got a pair of Ray Bans and got non-polarized as I stumbled across the challenge with my M4's heads up display.

Have fun!
-Tony

Quote:
Hey All -

Just picked her up yesterday and couldn't be happier so far. Definitely the best car I've ever had and looking forward to the next drive which I couldn't say about my old car.

Some things to note for those taking delivery soon:

• My car had a completion date of 7/10/20 but still came with the 03/2020 version of iDrive. Might be worth requesting the upgrade with your dealer if there's some time between arrival and delivery.
• My garage has a rolling code and the BMW video on setting this up did not work for me. I actually searched for the solution in this forum and found what I needed. Just a heads up.
• I still can't get the native Spotify app to work I can see it but in order to play music from my Spotify playlist; I have to use CarPlay
• This was mentioned in another thread but I have polarized Ray Bans which really lightens the view of the HUD. I've mitigated this issue somewhat by just brightening that setting

There's a ton more I'm learning but those are some quick items I've noticed in real world driving.

Either way, you're gonna love the new ride. Enjoy!
Appreciate 1
      07-18-2020, 10:43 PM   #154
ORD_Flyer
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep

Thanks! Yea, I was hoping it would have come with 07/20 software. I'm wondering if all the center units are programmed many months back and that's why July builds are behind. But would be curious to hear if yours comes with 07/2020.

M4...nice! Was one of my dream rides back in my single/pre toddler days. My coworker whose kids are now in college bought an M4 last year and still raves about it.
Appreciate 1
Cooltones241.00