BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

01-22-2021, 05:47 AM   #45
Silver.Solid
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '19 X5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mishkhas View Post
Did it work for you or you still waiting ?
sadly nothing yet. ive got in touch with a guy who thinks he can enable it and we are in the process of planning a remote session to make it work.
Appreciate 0
      02-19-2021, 07:40 AM   #46
Mishkhas
Saudi Arabia
Rep
Drives: Z4 , X2 , 640I

There is a guy in eBay who claims that he can do it , he charged me , I kept sending him emails for more than 2 weeks , where he answered that it will be soon once and then disappeared , when i send him that he is not professional , he cancelled my order by himself and said i dont want to do it for you , when i put a review about how bad my experience was , he sent me an email threatening me that if I didn’t remove my feedback that he will work with everybody he knows to prevent me from installing apple CarPlay , guys try to avoid him , he is a major scam
The seller name is bimmertechnology
Appreciate 1
      05-08-2021, 03:35 PM   #47
Mishkhas
Saudi Arabia
Rep
Drives: Z4 , X2 , 640I

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver.Solid View Post
sadly nothing yet. ive got in touch with a guy who thinks he can enable it and we are in the process of planning a remote session to make it work.
Hey my friend did you manage to get it working ?
Appreciate 0
      05-12-2021, 04:15 AM   #48
Silver.Solid
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mishkhas View Post
Hey my friend did you manage to get it working ?
Sadly not. Ive given up as my car has Online services and i've been told it cannot be done (at least not yet).
Appreciate 0
      03-15-2022, 10:13 AM   #49
mehtagagan
Registered
Rep
Drives: X5 2018 F15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ukd X6 View Post
Another member found might help

Ratnik 03:52 AM 09-16-2020
If anyone is interested in Carplay, Android screen mirroring, bmw apps, free nav update I can activate it for you. Only 40 euros. Pm me

Or

kubax86 05:27 AM 02-08-2020
I cant find these members
Appreciate 0
      04-28-2022, 01:52 PM   #50
al_moshaks
Registered
Rep
Drives: G12 2020

Quote:
So I purchased n '19 40i (10/18 build) from Dubai with connected drive capabilities however since importing it into KSA, we dont have the service and since I've been unable or take advantage of a number of features mainly:

CarPlay So im not sure if its hardware based or software based issue as i cannot see the option to activate carplay in the idrive menu?

Driver profile - cannot create a driver profile and hence use valet mode etc.

is there anyway i can bypass this connected drive issue? mainly am i able to activate car play or even do a retrofit to be able to take advantage of google maps. thanks.
Hi there
I can see you are struggling to update your Idrive same as me, I'm trying to update mine g12 2020 (UAE car imported to Saudi) but unfortunately with no luck, did you managed to update yours?
What I'm trying to activate Android Auto and for Carplayit is already activated.
Appreciate 0
      05-03-2022, 10:46 AM   #51
Silver.Solid
Second Lieutenant
Rep

So I have some great news.

I found a great guy who was able to code 6AE (telematics) off and force apply the FSC. So after 3 years, i now I have android auto and carplay

User @hauer, such a stand up guy, Thanks!

Last edited by Silver.Solid; 05-03-2022 at 10:52 AM..
Appreciate 3
volodp193.50
      05-08-2022, 04:46 AM   #52
Koksieboy
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW X5

Quote:

I found a great guy who was able to code 6AE (telematics) off and force apply the FSC. So after 3 years, i now I have android auto and carplay

@Silver.Solid Fantastic news!! I’m in the same boat as you though bought mine in Bahrain. I’ve reached out to @hauer so hopefully he can help. By the way, does the BMW app work with your X5 for updates and other functions?
Appreciate 0
      05-09-2022, 12:05 AM   #53
Silver.Solid
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koksieboy View Post
@Silver.Solid Fantastic news!! I’m in the same boat as you though bought mine in Bahrain. I’ve reached out to @hauer so hopefully he can help. By the way, does the BMW app work with your X5 for updates and other functions?

Sadly for those functions to work, you need connected drive to work which I still couldn't do. Still need to do manual update map and software updates.
Appreciate 0
      05-24-2022, 06:10 PM   #54
tbizzle86
Private
South Korea
Rep
Drives: 2021 BMW X5 XDrive40i

Quote:

I know you're a Android user, but how does your navigation apps work after getting Carplay and Android Auto coded in? For me, CarPlay works fine, but as soon as I use any navigation app, Apple Maps, Waze, Google Maps, and others, the GPS is lost. It's completely unusable. This was the main reason for wanting CarPlay in the first place is to be able to use the navigation! Its like the car is trying to use GPS from the car, which it can't because it doesn't work here in Korea. Everything I've read says it uses my phones wifi/gps signal. Again, everything works fine in my $20K Hyundai, but the BMW has constant issues with CarPlay. Its quite frustrating. I ended up buying a phone holder and just using my phones navigation, which is frustrating because I have to continuously disconnect CarPlay.

2021 X5 Xdrive 40i, M Sports Package, Alpine White, Coffee Vernasca Leather, Executive Package, Third-row seat, 21" Y spoke rims
Appreciate 0
      05-28-2022, 11:39 AM   #55
Silver.Solid
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbizzle86 View Post
I know you're a Android user, but how does your navigation apps work after getting Carplay and Android Auto coded in? For me, CarPlay works fine, but as soon as I use any navigation app, Apple Maps, Waze, Google Maps, and others, the GPS is lost. It's completely unusable. This was the main reason for wanting CarPlay in the first place is to be able to use the navigation! Its like the car is trying to use GPS from the car, which it can't because it doesn't work here in Korea. Everything I've read says it uses my phones wifi/gps signal. Again, everything works fine in my $20K Hyundai, but the BMW has constant issues with CarPlay. Its quite frustrating. I ended up buying a phone holder and just using my phones navigation, which is frustrating because I have to continuously disconnect CarPlay.

Honestly, i did not encounter this problem. if i understand your issue correctly, i can switch between maps and google maps on apple, then back to android auto then to the factory maps without any issues.
Appreciate 0
      07-08-2022, 01:29 PM   #56
Koksieboy
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW X5

Quote:

Finally also got CarPlay and Android Auto fully functional on my G05 X5! Thanks so much @hauer Took less than 20mins remote session to fully activate them.
Appreciate 2
      07-12-2022, 03:13 PM   #57
DrX52019
Oman
Rep
Drives: x5 2019

Quote:

Really was waiting for such thing, I am from Oman, and I got my X5 from Abu Dhabi, with same issue, my car still have warranty, dose doing this will void the warranty?? How I can reach this guy???
Appreciate 0
      07-14-2022, 03:54 AM   #58
jairoaparra@gmail.com
Rep
Drives: JCW mini 2023

Kubax86 can you please contact me. I have been trying to send a message to the user but I seem to be able unable to do it. I got AJCW mini Cooper countryman delivered yesterday. I just found out that I am unable to use a lot of the features that come with it as they are locked since this is a US spec car. I would love to be able to use Apple CarPlay and the other features but he seems that the dealership is unable to help. I would love to be able have my car operate as it should. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I recently arrive to Germany as I am a soldier station here.
Appreciate 1
Fassus0.00
      07-14-2022, 04:10 AM   #59
jairoaparra@gmail.com
Rep
Drives: JCW mini 2023

kubax86 please help me with unlocking my Apple CarPlay. I have tried to send you a few private messages but the date seem to go out. I am a soldier station in German and I recently got 2023J CW countryman Mini Cooper delivered. It is my understanding that you have figured out a way to unlock the features that would allow Apple CarPlay to function in the vehicle. Any help you can provide would be greatly appreciate it.
Appreciate 0
      07-15-2022, 02:32 AM   #60
Silver.Solid
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrX52019 View Post
Really was waiting for such thing, I am from Oman, and I got my X5 from Abu Dhabi, with same issue, my car still have warranty, dose doing this will void the warranty?? How I can reach this guy???
Search for his user name on this forum. No it should not void any warranty. Best modification to date
Appreciate 0
      07-16-2022, 01:32 PM   #61
DrX52019
Oman
Rep
Drives: x5 2019

Quote:
Search for his user name on this forum. No it should not void any warranty. Best modification to date
I couldn’t find him if you can help?
Appreciate 0
      07-22-2022, 02:18 PM   #62
Hauer
Registered
Rep
Drives: F85 2015

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrX52019 View Post
I couldn’t find him if you can help?
I'm here PM me your skype. As I see you locked ability to send you PM.

WBR,
Hauer.
Appreciate 0
      07-27-2022, 05:46 AM   #63
DJ00
Registered
Rep
Drives: X5

Hauer, I’m trying to get hooked up too. Is there an alternate way to contact you? I’m new and locked from PMing for the next 7 days until verified. I also have a US spec G05 stationed in Korea trying to get CarPlay.
Appreciate 0
      08-17-2022, 07:21 AM   #64
tng2022
Rep
Drives: 2022 X5 X-Drive 40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hauer View Post
I'm here PM me your skype. As I see you locked ability to send you PM.

WBR,
Hauer.
Can you help me get my CarPlay on 2022 X5? I am also in Korea with US Spec. Thanks,
Appreciate 0
      08-27-2022, 08:04 AM   #65
fas8x
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW x5

I too am in same boat... No connected drive in Qatar supplied 2019 X5 G05, no apps, can't register the car on My BMW app as there is no BMW messages function in the COM menu, no Software Update option in General Settings menu.

Therefore No Carplay or Android Auto - I didn't expect Android Auto to function anyway to be honest, as I'm not sure the car has had the software update performed at dealership.
Appreciate 0
      08-27-2022, 02:55 PM   #66
Silver.Solid
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by fas8x View Post
I too am in same boat... No connected drive in Qatar supplied 2019 X5 G05, no apps, can't register the car on My BMW app as there is no BMW messages function in the COM menu, no Software Update option in General Settings menu.

Therefore No Carplay or Android Auto - I didn't expect Android Auto to function anyway to be honest, as I'm not sure the car has had the software update performed at dealership.
There's a fix. You can update the software yourself and there's a good possibility both will show up... otherwise an fsc purchase is needed and your you get both AC and AA.
Appreciate 0