BMW X5
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

12-11-2020, 10:51 PM   #23
-Vanguard-
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2021 X6 40i M sport

How much different is this compared to the M Sport exhaust that comes with the M package on these suvs?
Appreciate 0
      Today, 01:32 PM   #24
Denk
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: X5 40i

I installed the MPE a couple of weeks ago. It's significantly louder than stock. The volume level reminds me of my MPE on my old e92. Cold start is loud! There's no way to get around that. On throttle no matter what mode, it's got way more volume than stock. It also burbles and cracks letting off throttle. It doesn't drone and just cruising down the highway it's not invasive at all. I don't like the tone though, it's got the dreaded weed whacker tone. It just doesn't suit the X5 to me. I was hoping for something tonally like the m40i which sounds great. I'm going back to the stock exhaust...bummer.
Appreciate 0
      Today, 01:38 PM   #25
FloridaM5
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2019 M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denk View Post
I installed the MPE a couple of weeks ago. It's significantly louder than stock. The volume level reminds me of my MPE on my old e92. Cold start is loud! There's no way to get around that. On throttle no matter what mode, it's got way more volume than stock. It also burbles and cracks letting off throttle. It doesn't drone and just cruising down the highway it's not invasive at all. I don't like the tone though, it's got the dreaded weed whacker tone. It just doesn't suit the X5 to me. I was hoping for something tonally like the m40i which sounds great. I'm going back to the stock exhaust...bummer.
Ah well, sorry to hear that. Appreciate the review. Was thinking about that myself. Ended up going with a catted downpipe two weeks ago. A bit louder and bit deeper tone ( I think)....I dig it. May cut out front muffler and straight pipe it just to see how it sounds.
Appreciate 0