BMW X5
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

12-08-2020, 01:19 PM   #1
tellch00
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: TDI Touareg, 997 Turbo

phone sounds (text, haptic sounds, lock) change when bluetooth on/off?

actually never noticed this. just got a new iphone and just realized that when bluetooth is on, there are no sounds coming from the phone. if i get a text i don't hear anything. if i lock the phone no click sound. typing, no click when I type. if i turn off bluetooth all those sounds are back.

not sure if this is normal, and i just never realized, different with my new phone, or what. driving me a bit nutty though.
Appreciate 0
      12-10-2020, 12:33 AM   #2
Silver.Solid
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '19 X5

Thats how all phones are when you are connected to a BT device and you have the radio or any other input device is on. This is sort of like when you played a tape in your VCR back in the day without switching to a VCR input channel. To fix this switch to the phone input device in the audio menu and raise the volume and you should hear them again through your car speakers.

Some phones allow you to reroute notification tones to other speakers rather than the bluetooth connection you are on like samsungs which you can see the feature when you pull down the notification tap on your device to change output source.
Appreciate 0
      12-10-2020, 02:46 PM   #3
tellch00
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: TDI Touareg, 997 Turbo

thanks. i'll give your suggestion a try. as long as it's normal. i could have sworn with my old phone when connected i heard the sounds. maybe not.
Appreciate 0