BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

10-09-2023, 09:54 AM   #23
Sleeper
No_Country
Rep
Drives: '23 BSM X5///MC

Quote:
Originally Posted by GotBeemed View Post
I think somebody is butt hurt. I literally broke down every issue you had with my previous statements and articulated my answers without spending an extended amount of my time trying to appease you.

In addition, instead of actually having an educated discussion or an attempt to educate me properly in a way you claim to accredited, you just result to send me emojies and sly comments and basic internet hate.

Just continue on your way, I have no further interests speaking with you as you have failed to bring any valuable information to the conversation. None.
What could I possibly be butt hurt about?! Internet hate? This keeps getting better. Have a look at my post history if you so care and report back. You’re giving yourself too much credit if you think I care enough to ‘hate’ on you.

You completely discredited yourself and the conversation when you accused me of knowing nothing about suspension or alignments. And this is after you suggest that we must demand, as a community, that some manufacturer come up with another round of suspension components (at great cost to everyone) that we must buy so you don’t have to replace your worn end links after 35-40k miles (or whatever you said) when running a spring kit. That was the turning point when your hyperbole about worn end links crossed with your irrational arguments.

As fun as this has been, I too have nothing further to add and no desire to respond to someone so emotional. Please enjoy the last dig at me and my feelings and my lack of understanding . I will only add that your dire warning to other X5/6M owners is in fact not dire. You completely ignored what everyone at the start of the thread was telling you, and what should be the real message of this thread:

You lowered the car too much and sacrificed performance over looks, and the result was that you increased the wear on stock components beyond your comfort zone, and things failed prematurely. You don’t need a complete suite of newly developed suspension components for a street-bound SUV to mitigate this.

Carry on.
Appreciate 0
      10-09-2023, 02:16 PM   #24
GotBeemed
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 997 911, F95 X5M Competition

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sleeper View Post
What could I possibly be butt hurt about?! Internet hate? This keeps getting better. Have a look at my post history if you so care and report back. You’re giving yourself too much credit if you think I care enough to ‘hate’ on you.

You completely discredited yourself and the conversation when you accused me of knowing nothing about suspension or alignments. And this is after you suggest that we must demand, as a community, that some manufacturer come up with another round of suspension components (at great cost to everyone) that we must buy so you don’t have to replace your worn end links after 35-40k miles (or whatever you said) when running a spring kit. That was the turning point when your hyperbole about worn end links crossed with your irrational arguments.

As fun as this has been, I too have nothing further to add and no desire to respond to someone so emotional. Please enjoy the last dig at me and my feelings and my lack of understanding . I will only add that your dire warning to other X5/6M owners is in fact not dire. You completely ignored what everyone at the start of the thread was telling you, and what should be the real message of this thread:

You lowered the car too much and sacrificed performance over looks, and the result was that you increased the wear on stock components beyond your comfort zone, and things failed prematurely. You don’t need a complete suite of newly developed suspension components for a street-bound SUV to mitigate this.

Carry on.
Throughout my thread, I have stated my opinion on what I experienced with my car. You have attempted to discredit me without giving any worthwhile advice or assistance in helping or educating me or others. I really do not see the point, other than you telling me I am wrong. Saying that I am wrong is your right and your opinion and if you would have left it at that, I would not have an issue. I have tried to defend my opinion with my findings and have provided a suggestion to the issue I had, not a demand. My suggestion of producing components for the X5M is not new and has been brought up before by other members and also on my thread here. Many members stated in previous posts they would support it.

I understand that you believe that premature parts failure and tire wear should be accepted and not attempted to be corrected on our platform, correct?

I am more than willing to hear you out on the educated reason with facts why I am "beyond confused and lost when it comes to suspension" on the X5M or suspension dynamics in general. So if you have something to bring that would help me understand better please do. I am done throwing shade back and forth.

However, if you have further insults please stop as there is no winner with relentless faceless hatred towards one another.

I extend the olive branch as I am not here to make enemies.
Appreciate 0
      10-09-2023, 06:00 PM   #25
GotBeemed
Lieutenant
Rep

Curious if the possible cause of my issue was because my X5MC was in fact too low. Sorry I do not have the exact measurements, but I do not think it was not at the maximum drop due to my instruction during the original alignment/adjustment after the initial settling.
Attached Images

Appreciate 1
r33_RGSport12971.00
      10-09-2023, 10:38 PM   #26
r33_RGSport
General
United_States
Rep
Drives: G09 XM, G05 X5 40, 991.2 T

Quote:
Curious if the possible cause of my issue was because my X5MC was in fact too low. Sorry I do not have the exact measurements, but I do not think it was not at the maximum drop due to my instruction during the original alignment/adjustment after the initial settling.
I have been busy all day, didn't get a chance to look at my XM.
One thing that I can say, based on what I've seen, BMW parts quality haven't been the same as 10 years ago.
I have seen factory parts failing even at stock form.

I want to confirm if the notch on your sway bar link is normal or not. I never open a stock one, so I am not sure if it was there from factory.
I do know that F95/F96 X5M/X6M have active sway bar front and rear.
So, it shouldn't put that much pressure to dent the end link.

I have suspicion, but until I can proof it, I won't make any assumption.

Will report back with my finding.
Active Autowerke • KW • H&R • Ohlins • Remus • and more...
Appreciate 1
GotBeemed415.50
      10-31-2023, 05:30 PM   #27
r33_RGSport
General
United_States
Rep
Drives: G09 XM, G05 X5 40, 991.2 T

Quote:
Final update:

The entire MSS suspension was removed and the OEM suspension was put in its place per my instruction without issue. The only suspension component that was found to be in need of immediate replacement was the sway bar links. Both the mechanic and I believe that due to a combination of the suspension drop the MSS kit or other lowering springs provides, the amount of articulation the suspension endures (inclines, declines, banked corners, rural/back roadways) in the area you live, and the number of G-forces the suspension (high-speed sweeps, twisty high-speed highway driving, mountain sweepers, etc.) the sway bar end-links may prematurely fail. Mine failed at 40,000 miles with approximately 25,000 to 30,000 being lowered.

My X5M is daily driven. The roadways are back/rural roads and highways. We have and I enjoy driving all of the attributes of the types of roadways listed above. I basically live in an enthusiastic driver's paradise. For example, no stop-and-go traffic, no rush hour delays, twisty mountain sweepers, switchbacks, etc. However, some of the roads require the suspension to articulate.

In summary, MY OPINION is that if you plan on driving your X5M hard and not just in a straight line on flat ground on the weekends, lowering with just what the market is currently providing for us F95/F96 owners is a mistake and will cost you in tires, sway bar end-links and labor costs (if not doing the work, yourself).

I am calling out to all that read this that we as a community continue to demand of FULL SUSPENSION SOLUTION for our [...]
As promised. Update on this thread.
I purchased brand new sway bar link and opened up the boot, it doesn’t have that indent on the lower part like you had on yours.

Today I just took MSS off from 37k miles X5MC that I’ve installed 3 years ago and opened up the sway bar link.
Also no indent on the lower part and everything in one piece.
Here are the pictures.

So, my conclusion on this situation.
1. Defective BMW sway bar link.
2. Improper installation which causes premature wear on the sway bar link.
Attached Images

Active Autowerke • KW • H&R • Ohlins • Remus • and more...
Appreciate 0
      10-31-2023, 07:02 PM   #28
GotBeemed
Lieutenant
Rep

The indent was from the ball smacking the outer orifice of the socket. That was the metal-on-metal sound when going over bumps until I could get it back in the shop days later. The car was still driven while that was going on.
Appreciate 1
r33_RGSport12971.00
      10-31-2023, 07:13 PM   #29
GotBeemed
Lieutenant
Rep

The suspension was installed by a reputable shop.

https://tpgtuning.com/

It was operational for nearly 40K miles. I just went into a more local shop to verify and correct the alignment.

The Bottom line is, it's my car, and the MSS has been removed in favor of keeping the suspension stock........END

I appreciate the follow-up.
Appreciate 1
r33_RGSport12971.00