BMW X5
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

01-06-2021, 01:03 PM   #1
SeasonalBread
Rep
Drives: None

How long will BMW be in transit?

My vehicle left the Spartanburg plant on the 16th and is currently on a train to Richmond CA. The estimated arrival date at Richmond was 12/31, but the vehicle still hasn't arrived yet, and they can't give me an updated estimate. Does anyone know how long the train ride from Spartanburg to Richmond is supposed to take? I tried asking them for tracking information like the bill of lading, and information regarding the rail car, but they said they didn't have that information and couldn't provide it to me.
Additionally, once it arrives at Richmond, how long will it take to arrive at a dealership that's ~40 minutes away?

Thanks
Appreciate 0
      01-06-2021, 05:53 PM   #2
H2ONarvon
United_States
Rep
Drives: 53' DeSoto Wagon

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeasonalBread View Post
My vehicle left the Spartanburg plant on the 16th and is currently on a train to Richmond CA. The estimated arrival date at Richmond was 12/31, but the vehicle still hasn't arrived yet, and they can't give me an updated estimate. Does anyone know how long the train ride from Spartanburg to Richmond is supposed to take? I tried asking them for tracking information like the bill of lading, and information regarding the rail car, but they said they didn't have that information and couldn't provide it to me.
Additionally, once it arrives at Richmond, how long will it take to arrive at a dealership that's ~40 minutes away?

Thanks
If you can get your Bill of Lading number (CA won't help?), you can call 800-497-2919, for updates. Mine was 4903312TTGX697486S-B, but only use the Four Alpha and preceding Six Numeric - TTGX697486

When you call, select option '2' and the prompts will have you input the Four Alphas followed by the #key, then Six Numerics followed by the #key. There can a bit of a pause (sounds like call was dropped), so give it a min.

As far as time from Train Depot (Port), thats anybody's guess. My X5 arrived at the Port on 01/04, 1 hour from my home. Dealer is 2 hours away. It may not get to dealer until 9th/10th. All depends on trucking schedules....So Close

Good Luck and Enjoy your new car
Appreciate 0
      01-06-2021, 10:30 PM   #3
SeasonalBread
Rep
Drives: None

Quote:
Originally Posted by H2O I3/\/\VV View Post
If you can get your Bill of Lading number (CA won't help?), you can call 800-497-2919, for updates. Mine was 4903312TTGX697486S-B, but only use the Four Alpha and preceding Six Numeric - TTGX697486

When you call, select option '2' and the prompts will have you input the Four Alphas followed by the #key, then Six Numerics followed by the #key. There can a bit of a pause (sounds like call was dropped), so give it a min.

As far as time from Train Depot (Port), thats anybody's guess. My X5 arrived at the Port on 01/04, 1 hour from my home. Dealer is 2 hours away. It may not get to dealer until 9th/10th. All depends on trucking schedules....So Close

Good Luck and Enjoy your new car
This if my first custom BMW, so I'm not sure who the CA is. I tried asking the salesman at my dealership and BMWUSA for the bill of lading for the train that my vehicle is on, but neither were able to provide that information. Neither can even provide me information about the train, nor when the train might arrive at the rail yard.
Thanks for the reply and hope you enjoy your new car as well.
Appreciate 0
      01-07-2021, 07:25 PM   #4
BobsM3Coupe
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: X5MC

Quote:
This if my first custom BMW, so I'm not sure who the CA is. I tried asking the salesman at my dealership and BMWUSA for the bill of lading for the train that my vehicle is on, but neither were able to provide that information. Neither can even provide me information about the train, nor when the train might arrive at the rail yard.
Boy, I hope the dealer gave you an out of this world great price because they sure sound like they are pretty useless with giving you some information they have readily at hand on their system. Just plain lazy.
Appreciate 0
      01-10-2021, 01:46 AM   #5
H2ONarvon
United_States
Rep
Drives: 53' DeSoto Wagon

Quote:
I haven't tried this BMW Genius number at 844-443-6487. Closed on Sunday, but if you're still in the dark Monday, give it a shot.
Appreciate 0