BMW X5
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

09-13-2021, 12:13 PM   #1
RRamrattan
Rep
Drives: X5, E350

Door handle protector cups

Hello everyone,
I just suffered the first wedding ring related scratch. While opening the door, her diamond scratched the inside of the door handle. I was annoyed and immediately ordered some "carbon fiber" protectors. They are all over ebay. They fit like trash. I immediately threw them away.

I was wondering if any of you have recommendations for well fitting protectors. Any recommendations would be appreciated.

Appreciate 0
      09-13-2021, 02:32 PM   #2
DG-X5
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 F95 X5MC

Quote:
Originally Posted by RRamrattan View Post
Hello everyone,
I just suffered the first wedding ring related scratch. While opening the door, her diamond scratched the inside of the door handle. I was annoyed and immediately ordered some "carbon fiber" protectors. They are all over ebay. They fit like trash. I immediately threw them away.

I was wondering if any of you have recommendations for well fitting protectors. Any recommendations would be appreciated.

Weathertech has some protection film for the cups (amongst some other areas in the same kit) that could be helpful to the cause?

https://www.weathertech.com/bmw/2021...ch-protection/
Appreciate 1