BMW X5
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

09-11-2021, 12:01 PM   #1
crseven
Rep
Drives: 2021 X5 40i

2021 X5 M Sport Carbon Black

Thought you might all enjoy these pics from my detailer.

BMW X5 M Sport 40i Carbon Black

Enhancement pack

Satin Black 22s with red calipers

Black vernasca leather with brown contrast stitching

Had it for a few weeks now, absolutely love it!

For those deciding between Carbon Black and Sapphire Black I'll just say this... you can't go wrong. Carbon Black is navy in some light, and black in other lights. Even if you don't like blue cars (I don't like blue) it isn't a blue that makes you think... man I wish I bought a black car. Gorgeous colour, and I think it contrasts beautifully with the red calipers and slightly smoked rear lights.

Name:  DSC00565.jpg
Views: 8850
Size:  798.8 KB

Name:  DSC00569.jpg
Views: 2755
Size:  732.3 KB

Name:  DSC00588.jpg
Views: 2860
Size:  828.6 KB

Name:  DSC00584.jpg
Views: 2723
Size:  629.7 KB

Name:  DSC00592.jpg
Views: 2706
Size:  475.5 KB

Last edited by crseven; 09-11-2021 at 12:09 PM..
Appreciate 7
njnets21245.00
jphcbpa314.50
cdavis93140.50
hiki08173.50
CGJ999123.00
misterD12.00
      09-11-2021, 01:07 PM   #2
MOTOP
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 X5 M50i, 2018 Raptor

You have the wheel on the wrong side.
Careful while driving.
Appreciate 1
LuckyBrand1299.00
      09-11-2021, 02:09 PM   #3
njnets21
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW X5

My goodness that is one gorgeous ride. Congrats and enjoy.
Appreciate 1
GL121.00
      09-11-2021, 05:58 PM   #4
X5Salty
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 21X5

That looks magic.

My carbon black arrives this week. Different wheels but otherwise similar. Looking forward to seeing how the colour reacts in different light.
Appreciate 1
njmbnz0.00
      09-11-2021, 06:54 PM   #5
crseven
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by X5Salty View Post
That looks magic.

My carbon black arrives this week. Different wheels but otherwise similar. Looking forward to seeing how the colour reacts in different light.
It's pretty special man. It doesn't ever really look like a one tone blue, it just looks like black with blue through it. Most of the time it looks black unless you're driving next to a deep black car.
Appreciate 1
njmbnz0.00
      09-11-2021, 07:19 PM   #6
X5Salty
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by crseven View Post
It's pretty special man. It doesn't ever really look like a one tone blue, it just looks like black with blue through it. Most of the time it looks black unless you're driving next to a deep black car.
Sounds like I made the right choice. I had been debating whether black sapphire would have been the purer choice, especially with extended shadowline. But when treated and clean, carbon black looks an extraordinary colour.

Its been a long wait - car finally arrives next week. Last of the MY21s built so should have fog lights.
Appreciate 0
      09-11-2021, 07:41 PM   #7
crseven
Rep

Quote:
Sounds like I made the right choice. I had been debating whether black sapphire would have been the purer choice, especially with extended shadowline. But when treated and clean, carbon black looks an extraordinary colour.

Its been a long wait - car finally arrives next week. Last of the MY21s built so should have fog lights.
I think you have. My wife wanted sapphire, but the dealership only had demos, and we didn't want to risk ordering an M Sport with missing parts. You can still execute the black on black look with Carbon Black. The second pic in the OP is probably the closest to how the car looks IRL. It's a very deep navy, that sometimes looks black, sometimes looks lighter. Looks amazing with the black grilles / shadowline / wheels.

We saw a X5M in sapphire when we picked the car up. It's noticeably more black. The X5M looked amazing to be honest, but it's +$100k AUD. I like how this colour changes in different lights, not something you get out of a flat black car.
Appreciate 0
      09-11-2021, 08:52 PM   #8
X5Salty
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
I think you have. My wife wanted sapphire, but the dealership only had demos, and we didn't want to risk ordering an M Sport with missing parts. You can still execute the black on black look with Carbon Black. The second pic in the OP is probably the closest to how the car looks IRL. It's a very deep navy, that sometimes looks black, sometimes looks lighter. Looks amazing with the black grilles / shadowline / wheels.

We saw a X5M in sapphire when we picked the car up. It's noticeably more black. The X5M looked amazing to be honest, but it's +$100k AUD. I like how this colour changes in different lights, not something you get out of a flat black car.
Yes agree with your thoughts. The variation of carbon black in different light will be lovely to see - with a default to black in lower light. With ceramic coat and weekly wash it should hold up well.

I've had a black E70 and black ML63 - think these cars look better in darker colours but it is more of a commitment to look after. The X5M does look serious mean but for me this X5 is to tow a track car - so air suspension and the 3.5 ton tow hitch are the big features. I'm happy with the spec but it is all theory until the car actually arrives next week. Fingers crossed it all works out as planned.
Appreciate 0
      09-11-2021, 09:50 PM   #9
crseven
Rep

Quote:
Yes agree with your thoughts. The variation of carbon black in different light will be lovely to see - with a default to black in lower light. With ceramic coat and weekly wash it should hold up well.

I've had a black E70 and black ML63 - think these cars look better in darker colours but it is more of a commitment to look after. The X5M does look serious mean but for me this X5 is to tow a track car - so air suspension and the 3.5 ton tow hitch are the big features. I'm happy with the spec but it is all theory until the car actually arrives next week. Fingers crossed it all works out as planned.
The sport mode is so fun too if you're craving more. Throttle response is amazing, and it pulls amazingly well. I think you will love it. The G05 is really impressive.

I only ever imagined getting this in black on black, so I'm glad Carbon looks as good as it does. Only other colour I'd consider is Alpine white. But I don't think it looks as nice. An X5M drove beside me in silver the other day, didn't look anywhere near as mean as my car.

It's gorgeous on the road. Looks mean, but also looks prestigious and luxurious. I don't think the RRS for example has the same luxurious look in black on black, it just looks like a drug dealer car.
Appreciate 0
      09-12-2021, 01:18 AM   #10
X5Salty
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
I don't think the RRS for example has the same luxurious look in black on black, it just looks like a drug dealer car.
Fully correct statement. They are actually slow, cramped and that touch screen infotainment set up is diabolical. How they charge $180k+ is baffling. So many folks must be keen to be seen in one.

So many good reviews on the G05 with any engine. I've got the 30D coming as it is a tow car for me. I couldn't believe how torquey the engine was when I test drove it - it is going to be addictive. I've got the cognac interior - sight unseen - so will be interesting to see how that looks in the flesh. Most people on here seem positive about it. However your black trim might be the smart choice.
Appreciate 0
      09-12-2021, 03:56 AM   #11
crseven
Rep

Quote:
Fully correct statement. They are actually slow, cramped and that touch screen infotainment set up is diabolical. How they charge $180k+ is baffling. So many folks must be keen to be seen in one.

So many good reviews on the G05 with any engine. I've got the 30D coming as it is a tow car for me. I couldn't believe how torquey the engine was when I test drove it - it is going to be addictive. I've got the cognac interior - sight unseen - so will be interesting to see how that looks in the flesh. Most people on here seem positive about it. However your black trim might be the smart choice.
My mother in law had one. I never drove it though, looked a nice car in white. I test drove a petrol Velar. Nice looking vehicle, incredibly underpowered. Felt like driving a Nissan Qashqai.

I test drove the 30D and ended up buying the 40i as that's all the dealership had. Can't go wrong with either. I've never had anything other than a black interior, I think I'd personally get sick of another colour.
Appreciate 0
      09-12-2021, 04:11 AM   #12
X5Salty
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Thought you might all enjoy these pics from my detailer.

BMW X5 M Sport 40i Carbon Black

Enhancement pack

Satin Black 22s with red calipers

Black vernasca leather with brown contrast stitching

Had it for a few weeks now, absolutely love it!

For those deciding between Carbon Black and Sapphire Black I'll just say this... you can't go wrong. Carbon Black is navy in some light, and black in other lights. Even if you don't like blue cars (I don't like blue) it isn't a blue that makes you think... man I wish I bought a black car. Gorgeous colour, and I think it contrasts beautifully with the red calipers and slightly smoked rear lights.

Attachment 2693569
Could I ask is that rear reflector in the rear bumper just a reflector or is it the rear fog light? Yours looks like it has LED lights in it - I thought they were just reflectors.
Appreciate 0
      09-12-2021, 08:53 PM   #13
crseven
Rep

Quote:
Could I ask is that rear reflector in the rear bumper just a reflector or is it the rear fog light? Yours looks like it has LED lights in it - I thought they were just reflectors.
I think they're just reflectors
Appreciate 0
      10-18-2021, 11:15 PM   #14
cdavis93
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 M2

That is gorgeous. Carbon black is a stunning color
Appreciate 0
      10-19-2021, 09:18 AM   #15
DCwell3er
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 G05

Garage List
Nice! Those wheels with the red calipers look pretty nice as well!
      10-24-2023, 08:53 AM   #16
GomezsAlfredo
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2021 BMW X5 sDrive40i

Garage List
Super Nice Ride!

Super Nice Ride!
Appreciate 0
      10-30-2023, 09:44 PM   #17
dave_socal
Registered