BMW X5
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

10-20-2021, 08:56 PM   #1
RH2020
Rep
Drives: 2020 X5 xdrive40i

Just grabbed a 2020 x45e

We placed an order with local dealer last month, however, it'll be 2-3 months wait. We ended up grabbing a custom build from another dealer 2 hours north this past weekend, since the orignal customer backed out. A bit pleasant surprise: the carbon black has a little hint of blue, and my wife really liked it.

We used to have a 2020 x40i with air suspension so the drive is very familiar and comfortable. I am babying the car now so haven't floored the gas yet. Cannot wait to test its full power haha.

Really love the driving asisstance/HUD (the main reason we got a new car 2/2 my cummute for work). I know it's been only 2 days but I could not imagine driving another one without them lol. The driving assitance is nicely tuned, e.g., when the car takes a full stop, it does it in a very gradual/gentle way, very human-like. Also the way it enters a curve feels also more gradual and fine-tuned than the model Y I test-drived recently. During the 2 hour drive back home from the dealership, I barely used the pedals. It takes a little time to get used to the driving assistance, mainly due to the lack of trust at the beginning. But it really works. Can the car drive itself all the time? Of course not: it doesn't even recognize traffic light or stop signs (in that aspect, Tesla's system is probably the most advanced so far). However for what it does, it does it really really well. Cannot wait for the BMW autodrive system to further evolve.

Regret? Maybe a little bit since my custom build has the luxury seating with ventilation/massage, but this one at least has the multi-contour so we are happy enough. Maybe the next car...

The range is OK for me but a bit short for my commute. But for us, this will be our long-trip car as well so it is perfect for now. My wife told me I am too greedy because I am newly obsessed with the iX, which is "perfect" for my commute lol
Attached Images

Appreciate 3
januza58.00
Flying Ace4984.50