BMW X5
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

03-12-2021, 06:41 AM   #23
mike3333
Rep
Drives: X5 2021

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladra View Post
I'm curious if those of you in Europe has to sign a documents like this regarding BMW Connected Drive not working overseas?
Yes, same exact form. (Germany)
Appreciate 0
      03-17-2021, 12:40 PM   #24
jy10882
Registered
South Korea
Rep
Drives: 2019 BMW X5 G05

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike3333 View Post
Closing the loop since I finally got it enabled in case someone was in the same spot I was in: CD mapped to your VIN, but nothing showing up in the Apps screen for a couple of weeks.

The final trick was when I saw the wireframe globe and shield on the display when the car started up over the weekend. I selected it and a popup came up with options to modify some car communication settings. I enabled all settings then magically Carplay and Android auto started working. Perhaps the dealer selected a narrow window when it arrived. Or maybe everyone else on these boards knew this was the obvious last step, but I hadn't seen anyone mention having to change this setting before.

Either way, it was well worth the hassle to get it working. I wish the process were more straightforward, but that's life. It seems like everyone's path to get it working is a different journey.
I am in same situation. It's been 3 days activated CD mapped and nothing happened on App screen yet. Should I wait more?
Or just any other steps I need to do?
Appreciate 0
      03-20-2021, 02:49 PM   #25
mike3333
Rep
Drives: X5 2021

Quote:
Originally Posted by jy10882 View Post
I am in same situation. It's been 3 days activated CD mapped and nothing happened on App screen yet. Should I wait more?
For me the final step was at startup to activate data transfer, pressing the globe shield icon and then enabling data transfer.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      03-20-2021, 07:52 PM   #26
ladra
Private
Rep
Drives: X5 (G05) 2021

Quote:
Originally Posted by jy10882 View Post
In Korea, I believe US models will never get the full actual CD service due to possible difference in telematics hardware. My understanding is that the car will not be able to "talk" with BMW servers without the telematics units working. I hope I am wrong, I am still waiting for my car to be delivered...

Furthermore, it's my understanding that the telematics unit, and possibly CD service, is somehow dependent on the Navi unit (or software), and since US models do not (possibly can not) have Korean Navi, I think that could be an issue too.

Seems like many modules are interdependent on each other.

Please do correct me if I am wrong. I'm still hoping to get some of the items working in Korea, even though it seems like everyone eventually gives up in Korea.
Appreciate 0
      03-30-2021, 03:29 PM   #27
Jonesdx
Registered
Rep
Drives: Toyota Land Cruiser

Checking-in from Italy. I received my X5 this past week. We opted to have the European maps loaded. When we initially received the vehicle there were no apps loaded. I followed the directions at the beginning of this post and emailed bmwconnected with the blanket statement in this post. I received a reply a few days later and when I went out to the vehicle the generic bmw apps had loaded to include weather and news but no android auto or apple car play.

Will the rest of these apps come later? Thanks
Appreciate 1
      04-24-2021, 12:58 AM   #28
threebabies
Enlisted Member
Germany
Rep
Drives: 2021 BMW X5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonesdx View Post
Checking-in from Italy. I received my X5 this past week. We opted to have the European maps loaded. When we initially received the vehicle there were no apps loaded. I followed the directions at the beginning of this post and emailed bmwconnected with the blanket statement in this post. I received a reply a few days later and when I went out to the vehicle the generic bmw apps had loaded to include weather and news but no android auto or apple car play.

I didn't see my car for a few days when they popped for me. I got the notification email on a Friday and went to check on Monday - everything was there including android auto and apple car play.
Appreciate 0
      04-24-2021, 09:01 AM   #29
Consuldean
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW 21'' X6MC (F96)

Quote:

Can I ask when you mean you opted for European maps: did you have to pay for that ? How much was it?
Appreciate 0
      04-24-2021, 12:16 PM   #30
///Gunner
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 BMW M4 / 2021 BMW X5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Consuldean View Post
Quote:

Can I ask when you mean you opted for European maps: did you have to pay for that ? How much was it?
When you place your order, you are given the option for European maps or US Maps at no cost... here is the example of what you will see on your order
Attached Images

ladra17.50
      04-25-2021, 03:34 AM   #31
///Gunner
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 BMW M4 / 2021 BMW X5

Sent an email yesterday, and everything works today!
      04-25-2021, 05:43 AM   #32
osteome
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 X5

I laid out our experiences with our 2020 X5 in a different thread, but after some false starts, we have Apple and Android working in the vehicle. We also have most of the Connected Drive App features working except for remote unlocking and remote camera view.

We were focused on Android, so we are overall happy at this point. It took two OTA updated to get there, but the wait was worth it.
Gone: M3 E93 Silverstone II over Bamboo
Appreciate 0
      04-28-2021, 07:39 PM   #33
ladra
Private
Rep
Drives: X5 (G05) 2021

You guys in Europe are very lucky. You get the option of loading local (European) Navi map and seems like the telematics (4G cell connection) works there.

Here in Korea, we don't get an option for local (Korea) navi map. I think the actual hardware needs to be changed (need more research), and seems like no telematics (cell) service, maybe also a hardware change.

Haven't had the time to go to the local service dept to find a solution yet and still getting my CD account setup with BMWNA.

BTW, I'm pretty sure Korea bound BMWs don't get any map installed from factory at all, not even US navi map (I think).
Appreciate 0
      04-29-2021, 02:22 PM   #34
threebabies
Enlisted Member
Germany
Rep
Drives: 2021 BMW X5

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladra View Post
You guys in Europe are very lucky. You get the option of loading local (European) Navi map and seems like the telematics (4G cell connection) works there.

Here in Korea, we don't get an option for local (Korea) navi map. I think the actual hardware needs to be changed (need more research), and seems like no telematics (cell) service, maybe also a hardware change.

Haven't had the time to go to the local service dept to find a solution yet and still getting my CD account setup with BMWNA.

BTW, I'm pretty sure Korea bound BMWs don't get any map installed from factory at all, not even US navi map (I think).
Most of the functions do not work in Europe. The car is made for the 4G GSM bands on ATT networks in the USA. Those bands are 2,4,5,12, and 14 in the car. Europe uses 3,7, and 20.
Appreciate 1
ladra17.50
      06-05-2021, 04:30 PM   #35
osteome
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 X5

I can't provide a reason, but now our Remote View system works on our 2020 X5 in Germany.
Attached Images

Gone: M3 E93 Silverstone II over Bamboo
Appreciate 0
      07-16-2021, 11:52 PM   #36
rd84
Registered
Rep
Drives: 330i

hey guys, couple questions here....so I turned in the warranty validation form and registered with connected drive. But after about two weeks, I still haven't received any updates. Additionally, the connected drive folks told me to go to the apps section/option to update however mine is grayed out?? I don't even see an option to see what software version I'm on. It almost feels like I have a beta version of connected drive.

Should I continue to wait it out? Or take it to the dealer (bitburg) to try to update ??
Appreciate 0
      07-25-2021, 06:34 PM   #37
Ahmaddoski
Private
Rep
Drives: 2020 bmw 330i Us spec

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abdulllh View Post
Thanks for the thread
I got my car from Canada exported to SaudiArabia
"no ConnectedDrive service here"
I just sent an email to the DE connected drive team asking them to bypass me
The security code that I need to register my car.
My whole purpose here is to get the software update to get Android auto working!

Is there anything else I need to do?
Hello dear, i am in the same situation but in iraq have you found a solution for it?
Appreciate 0
      07-29-2021, 05:39 PM   #38
kimmy77_02
South Korea
Rep
Drives: BMW X5

... I had to sign the same document for Korea ... I just placed an order few days ago ...
Appreciate 0
      10-22-2021, 08:37 AM   #39
PASE624
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 X1

Quote:
Originally Posted by threebabies View Post
It worked, but not in the way I intended it to work. Timeline:

-Had a chat with ConnectedDrive DE and the rep said it would likely work as a workaround (Over the phone to avoid a paper trail).

-CD USA got back to me with the old "It can't be done - SIM card - Europe" routine.

-I emailed again to the CD USA branch with the following:
"Team,

I'm attempting to add my new BMW X5 to the ConnectedDrive but am running into issues with the following prompt:

"No data was found for this Vehicle Identification Number."

My vin is: 5XXXXXXXXXXXXXXX8

Attached is the Certificate of Origin. Is there a way to manually link the ConnectedDrive services to my account? Any help would be appreciated."

-They responded a week later with "We checked and found out that the vehicle is missing TCU / SIM Card information because it does not have mandatory SA Code S-06AF.
Without SIM information, the vehicle cannot be imported to our system. Please reach out to the dealer for adding the necessary SA codes."

Two weeks later, ~FEB 24, I get an email that the "Vehicle is now mapped to username". Came by a total surprise. Obviously some services don't work but my android auto, apple carplay, and drive recorder are good.
can you tell me what the email is of the peeson/office yiu sent this email to, pls? TIA.
Appreciate 0
      11-04-2021, 11:06 AM   #40
GermanG05
Private
Germany
Rep
Drives: X5 G05, A4 B9 Avant

Has anyone made a "BMW Connect Drive for U.S. Spec in Germany" For Dummies? There are so many different methods that 3veroone uses. I'm looking for a straight forward and proven method of accomplishing this.
Appreciate 0