BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

08-23-2021, 06:42 AM   #23
cmyx6go
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2022 X6///M Comp

Garage List
2019 X6 ///M  [10.00]
I think the black trim vs the chrome makes it look different too. This is in the shade. It looks iridescent in the sun.

Name:  MBB M2.jpg
Views: 418
Size:  110.2 KB
      08-23-2021, 10:56 AM   #24
Alpine300zhp
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 24 M4 Comp RWD

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmyx6go View Post
I think the black trim vs the chrome makes it look different too. This is in the shade. It looks iridescent in the sun.

Attachment 2678980
Very nice. I see you are enjoying your new "bold" color choice!
cmyx6go15689.50
      10-24-2021, 04:30 AM   #25
GrussGott
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 M4 Comp Indv

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by TCBavarian View Post

So I proceeded to apply paint prep spray and then applied the 303 graphene.
for an update - how'd you like the 303 graphene? What'd you use for prep?

I'm looking at doing a graphene, and leaning towards the turtle wax graphene flex wax ...

Did you do the Reload? How'd it go? Any other advice / experiences?

Thanks!
Appreciate 0
      10-25-2021, 10:04 AM   #26
TCBavarian
Captain
Rep
Drives: X5M, M2CS, E46 ZHP, E53 X5

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrussGott View Post
for an update - how'd you like the 303 graphene? What'd you use for prep?

I'm looking at doing a graphene, and leaning towards the turtle wax graphene flex wax ...

Did you do the Reload? How'd it go? Any other advice / experiences?

Thanks!
Hey. So I am loving the 303 graphene. As with anything, our time is $$. I know how to apply ceramic. I've applied it for family members, some of my prior cars, and neighbors. That being said, the amount of time to properly apply the ceramics were not worth the result (for me). My cars are pampered and driven a lot less than most others and DD. The 303 gets applied like a ceramic. Cross Hatch pattern, let "haze"/"sweat" and then wipe off. The key difference is the wipe off. It is extremely forgiving. You can come back hours/days later if you miss a "high spot". The gloss is there, and the protection is there so far.

It is supposed to last 1yr. It has on my M2CS and shows no signs of weakening (garage kept and only 1k miles a year though). The X5M is going on 3 months and still works well.

On my M2CS I did a one step paint correction, Blackfire panel wipe spray and then apply. The X5M I skipped the paint correction (again I weighed the condition of the paint with the cost of my time and the result). I did only the panel wipe and then the 303. I also added Reload immediately after to get some more slickness. I am planning to apply the Reload every 3 months. (or Gtechniq C2v3).

For my brother's alpine white X3. I did a full ceramic treatment. It performs excellent. No complaints. But it took me 2 days vs a few hours.
Appreciate 1
GrussGott18116.50
      10-25-2021, 01:02 PM   #27
GrussGott
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 M4 Comp Indv

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by TCBavarian View Post
Hey. So I am loving the 303 graphene. As with anything, our time is $$.

The X5M I skipped the paint correction (again I weighed the condition of the paint with the cost of my time and the result). I did only the panel wipe and then the 303. I also added Reload immediately after to get some more slickness. I am planning to apply the Reload every 3 months. (or Gtechniq C2v3).

For my brother's alpine white X3. I did a full ceramic treatment. It performs excellent. No complaints. But it took me 2 days vs a few hours.
Awesome update, thanks! I think this is exactly what I"ll do ... probably skip the correction (though I'll do a baggie check!) and if all is good then after the panel wipe I put on a consumer-grade graphene and hope for the best ...

Did you do the wheels with the 303 as well? If not what'd you use and is it repelling the brake dust?
Appreciate 0
      10-25-2021, 01:17 PM   #28
TCBavarian
Captain
Rep
Drives: X5M, M2CS, E46 ZHP, E53 X5

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrussGott View Post
Awesome update, thanks! I think this is exactly what I"ll do ... probably skip the correction (though I'll do a baggie check!) and if all is good then after the panel wipe I put on a consumer-grade graphene and hope for the best ...

Did you do the wheels with the 303 as well? If not what'd you use and is it repelling the brake dust?
I did do the wheels as well. Again, CS holding up nicely after about a year (but hardly driven). The X5M has it and its been ok as well. With the amount of dust these M cars produce, you'll never be able to use a garden hose with no scrubbing. A pressure washer with some agitation in the nooks and crannies is does a decent job, but I'm too OCD and always get in there with a wheel brush (coated or not).
Appreciate 1
GrussGott18116.50