United_States
Rep
Drives: G09 XM, G05 X5 40, 991.2 T

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aliabd91 View Post
Fixed by adding lubricant on the spring
Hmm, that shouldn't be the proper fix.
Something is not right.
Active Autowerke • KW • H&R • Ohlins • Remus • and more...
Appreciate 0
      09-08-2021, 12:46 PM   #486
Aliabd91
Private First Class
Abu Dhabi
Rep
Drives: X5 M F95

Quote:
Originally Posted by r33_RGSport View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aliabd91 View Post
Fixed by adding lubricant on the spring
Hmm, that shouldn't be the proper fix.
Something is not right.
I know. I think is like there is a cover pressing other cover When the spring is compressed.

They fixed with lubricant and it worked
Appreciate 1
r33_RGSport12967.50
      09-09-2021, 02:27 PM   #487
QdaNoob
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 22 BMW X5M Competition

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hit_Apex View Post
There are no changes that would impact Stealth installation for 2022. It will work just fine.
Just installed the MSS spring on my "22 , no issue no noise.
Attached Images

Past: “19 M5C Marina Bay Blue
Appreciate 1
r33_RGSport12967.50
      09-09-2021, 04:27 PM   #488
Audio Fan
Major
Rep
Drives: AY - M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by QdaNoob View Post
Quote:
There are no changes that would impact Stealth installation for 2022. It will work just fine.
Looks great. Let's us know what you think. What color is your interior?
Appreciate 0
      09-09-2021, 07:22 PM   #489
QdaNoob
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 22 BMW X5M Competition

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Audio Fan View Post
Quote:
Quote:
Thank you, I went with Adelaide Grey. Sorry for the bad picture I was driving.
Attached Images

Past: “19 M5C Marina Bay Blue
Appreciate 1
r33_RGSport12967.50
      09-09-2021, 07:43 PM   #490
Audio Fan
Major
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
I thought so. I have one being built this week with Adelaide Gray. Never seen it in person, but people seem to like it when they have it. My exterior is MBB.

Are you happy with the choice and how it looks with blue?
Appreciate 0
      09-09-2021, 10:58 PM   #491
m-prsev
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 X5MC, 2021 X7M50i

No one else experience their headlights being aimed too low after lowering? I did the max front and 10mm rear as many others here and only recently noticed how low the lights are now. They do adjust from down to up when I initially turn the lights on but they just start and stop too low. Is there a height adjustment screw?
Appreciate 1
r33_RGSport12967.50
      09-10-2021, 08:40 AM   #492
r33_RGSport
General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by m-prsev View Post
No one else experience their headlights being aimed too low after lowering? I did the Mac front 10mm rear as many others here and only recently noticed how low the lights are now. They do adjust from down to up when I initially turn in the lights but they just start and stop too low. Is there a height adjustment screw?
Yes, there is adjustment screw.
I have to adjust my G05 X5 headlight, not because the lowering, but because I retrofit laser headlight since it was equipped with regular LED headlight.

Here is the picture how to adjust it.

#1 is for the height
#2 is for lateral

It uses hex tool.

Note: Keep track how many turn that you did, so you know how to go back if you made a mistake.
Attached Images

Appreciate 1
m-prsev74.50
      09-10-2021, 11:18 AM   #493
Alan l.
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2020 F95 X5M Competition

Quote:
Originally Posted by r33_RGSport View Post
Yes, there is adjustment screw.
I have to adjust my G05 X5 headlight, not because the lowering, but because I retrofit laser headlight since it was equipped with regular LED headlight.

Here is the picture how to adjust it.

#1 is for the height
#2 is for lateral

It uses hex tool.

Note: Keep track how many turn that you did, so you know how to go back if you made a mistake.
Ben,

Helpful as usual! Do you remember if you turn it clockwise or counter clockwise to raise?

Also I feel like in my past BMW's you were suppose to leave the headlight switch to Manual or something for adjustment. Did you have to do that on yours?

Alan
      09-10-2021, 11:28 AM   #494
r33_RGSport
General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan l. View Post
Ben,

Helpful as usual! Do you remember if you turn it clockwise or counter clockwise to raise?

Also I feel like in my past BMW's you were suppose to leave the headlight switch to Manual or something for adjustment. Did you have to do that on yours?

Alan
Alan, I don't remember which way to raise, I would say counter to raise.

Best time to adjust it is at night and about 10-15 feet away on a flat ground.
That way, it won't matter if you are on Automatic or Manual mode.l

If you are too close, less than 10 feet, you won't be able to see how far it will aim at a distance. It may look fine at close distance, but it may be too low or too high when you are on the road.
Appreciate 1
m-prsev74.50
      09-18-2021, 09:39 PM   #495
Alan l.
Major General
Rep

Just tried adjusting the headlights with Bens directions.

I put the lights in the manual ON position and turned the screw COUNTER clockwise to RAISE the lights. Worked like a charm.

Did one full turn on the driver side but my passenger side needed 3 full turns to match the drivers side. That means even from the factory my passenger side was aiming much lower. Was that on purpose? In the past I would adjust both to be the same exact height.

Alan
Appreciate 2
r33_RGSport12967.50
m-prsev74.50
      09-19-2021, 07:04 PM   #496
BobsM3Coupe
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: X5MC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan l. View Post
Just tried adjusting the headlights with Bens directions.

I put the lights in the manual ON position and turned the screw COUNTER clockwise to RAISE the lights. Worked like a charm.

Did one full turn on the driver side but my passenger side needed 3 full turns to match the drivers side. That means even from the factory my passenger side was aiming much lower. Was that on purpose? In the past I would adjust both to be the same exact height.

Alan
I believe for the US, they normally come set from the factory with the drivers side a bit lower than the passenger side. Supposedly to lessen the chance of blinding an oncoming motorist. Your car sounds like it was really adjusted incorrectly.
Any body repairs made that you are not aware of? They sometimes do get damaged in shipment and repairs are done at the VDC before it gets transported to the dealership. I've seen the way they load the cars onto and through the train cars and I'm not surprised they don't sustain a lot more damage.
Appreciate 1
iconoclast7265.50
      09-19-2021, 07:09 PM   #497
iconoclast
Self-Deprecating Narcissist
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Audi BMW Ferrari LR MB

The X7 we have came with the driver's side essentially aimed at the floor. After the first evening drive I parked against a wall and readjusted the headlights. The X5 came with the left side dipping lower than right but not as dramatic. Both readjusted and now work as designed.
Appreciate 0
      09-19-2021, 09:25 PM   #498
Alan l.
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobsM3Coupe View Post
I believe for the US, they normally come set from the factory with the drivers side a bit lower than the passenger side. Supposedly to lessen the chance of blinding an oncoming motorist. Your car sounds like it was really adjusted incorrectly.
Any body repairs made that you are not aware of? They sometimes do get damaged in shipment and repairs are done at the VDC before it gets transported to the dealership. I've seen the way they load the cars onto and through the train cars and I'm not surprised they don't sustain a lot more damage.
No body repairs but early on my X5M had the bad batch of AC compressors right after delivery and the dealer had to remove the front end/bumper to swap the compressor and condenser. Maybe the headlight had to come out and wasn't aligned during the install.

Alan
      10-25-2021, 02:52 PM   #499
iconoclast
Self-Deprecating Narcissist
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Audi BMW Ferrari LR MB

Any more photos of lowered X5M?
Appreciate 1
r33_RGSport12967.50
      10-25-2021, 04:19 PM   #500
M4Ghost
Lieutenant
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2022 M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torijona View Post
What a difference! The car feels very poised and goes wherever I want to. The most aggressive suspension mode is amazing on the highway and makes the X5M feels like a coupe. Significantly less body roll, noise diving and butt dragging.

The rear tire pulling to the outside when hitting a pothole improved significantly after alignment. It is almost not noticeable at full drop with alignment and stock bump stops in the aggressive setting. I might still try to cut the bump stop some if I can without pulling apart the suspension. Please be smart and buy shorter bump stops if you wanna go full drop.

Alignment was mostly on target. The front is off camber but that's as much as it will go. They usually sell the adjustable camber arms but they couldn't find them for this model since it is so new. So, if you are thinking about doing the suspension later on,you might replace the camber arm too so you get everything done at once.

They were impressed with the kit at the dealer. They said it looks good. All I can say is that it was all worth it at the end and I really hope you all can leverage my lessons learned so that you can sleep at night 😊
What is your setup, any issues who installed it?
Appreciate 0
      10-25-2021, 04:27 PM   #501
Torijona
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW F95 X5M

Quote:
Originally Posted by x3mghost View Post
Quote:
What a difference! The car feels very poised and goes wherever I want to. The most aggressive suspension mode is amazing on the highway and makes the X5M feels like a coupe. Significantly less body roll, noise diving and butt dragging.

The rear tire pulling to the outside when hitting a pothole improved significantly after alignment. It is almost not noticeable at full drop with alignment and stock bump stops in the aggressive setting. I might still try to cut the bump stop some if I can without pulling apart the suspension. Please be smart and buy shorter bump stops if you wanna go full drop.

Alignment was mostly on target. The front is off camber but that's as much as it will go. They usually sell the adjustable camber arms but they couldn't find them for this model since it is so new. So, if you are thinking about doing the suspension later on,you might replace the camber arm too so you get everything done at once.

They were impressed with the kit at the dealer. They said it looks good. All I can say is that it was all worth it at the end and I really hope you all can leverage my lessons learned so that you can sleep at night 😊
Hi! I did full drop front and back. I ended up having to go back for the washer in control arm solution and didn't have a problem ever since. I did the install myself with a trusted master mechanic. I am a mechanical engineer myself with automotive and heavy machinery experience.

Instructions lack, I must say. Unsure if that has been addressed. I used to write technical solutions, manuals, job aids and instructions for a Fortune 100 company. So, I can tell you that the instructions could use some attention and TLC.

I was a very early adopter. So, I dealt with most stuff alongside with Ben 😁
Appreciate 1
r33_RGSport12967.50
      10-25-2021, 04:30 PM   #502
M4Ghost
Lieutenant
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2022 M4

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Hi! I did full drop front and back. I ended up having to go back for the washer in control arm solution and didn't have a problem ever since. I did the install myself with a trusted master mechanic. I am a mechanical engineer myself with automotive and heavy machinery experience.

Instructions lack, I must say. Unsure if that has been addressed. I used to write technical solutions, manuals, job aids and instructions for a Fortune 100 company. So, I can tell you that the instructions could use some attention and TLC.

So how does it ride over stock? Could a BMW store do it ?
Appreciate 0
      10-25-2021, 05:32 PM   #503
Audio Fan
Major
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
I thought so. I have one being built this week with Adelaide Gray. Never seen it in person, but people seem to like it when they have it. My exterior is MBB.

Are you happy with the choice and how it looks with blue?
Adelaide Gray is awesome and impossible to photograph. Photos always come out eat more beige, but it a warm gray. The color in the configurator is pretty accurate. Even these pics are too beige. Everyone who sees it, loves it. The section in the second pic is close.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      10-26-2021, 10:52 PM   #504
Torijona
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW F95 X5M

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

So how does it ride over stock? Could a BMW store do it ?
I am sure they can. But not sure how much they would charge. I like doing the work because I take my time and do not cut corners. Maybe someone here has done it at their dealer? I would think that with a lift and the right tools that is a 5 hour job. So, it will likely depend on the shop rate. I have had good experience with aftermarket tuning shops before. Just make sure they are specialized in German cars and that hopefully that is not the first kit they install. It is not as straightforward as regular springs I have installed before.

I drive mine on the harshest setting and I love it. I take 90 degree sharp curves at around 35 mph and it does not move. But it feels a bit scary since it is still an SUV. It definitely feels firm. Springs are stiffer but not bouncy. The black smaller spring is compressed under normal load. So, makes a difference in riding comfort while going over irregular ground. Feels stock but nicer. The only thing I am missing is the camber arm so that I could align properly as in the front I am a little beyond spec. But still rides better and looks way better.
Attached Images

Appreciate 2
155ND907.00
xmanpro3098.50
      10-28-2021, 03:07 AM   #505
mjr24
Colonel
Rep
Drives: M8 Comp GC, X7, AMG GT53

I think this provides a really classy drop......as opposed to the slammed look that looks like absolute shit on any car.

Is it me or was the OEM wheel gap on the F95 seemingly way bigger than on the previous generations?
2022 M8 Comp GC, 2021 AMG GT53, 2022 X5M Competition, 2021 X7 40i, 2019 M5, 2018 M550I, 2017 Audi Q7, 2014 M6 GC, 2013 Mercedes CLS550, 2011 750LI, 2008 M6 Cabrio, 2008 Porsche Cayenne S, 2004 Mercedes SL55 AMG, 2003 Mercedes SL500, 2000 Mercedes CL500, 1993 Lexus SC400, 1989 525i, 1985 318i
Appreciate 1
r33_RGSport12967.50
      10-28-2021, 07:43 AM   #506
r33_RGSport
General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjr24 View Post
I think this provides a really classy drop......as opposed to the slammed look that looks like absolute shit on any car.

Is it me or was the OEM wheel gap on the F95 seemingly way bigger than on the previous generations?
It is way bigger.
I think BMW designed it so you can use it for baja run.
Appreciate 1
xmanpro3098.50