BMW X5
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

10-21-2021, 05:32 AM   #1
Davis1888
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: X5 45e MSport - Tanzinite Blue

Dog Guards and Boot Liner / Protectors - X5 45E - UK

Long time forum follower who is about to become the owner of my first ever BMW with an X5 45E on the way. Car is arriving much sooner than either I or the dealership expected so turning my attention to fitting it out for the dog.

Looking for suggestions on Boot liners / protectors and dog guards, happy to hear all suggestions but based in the UK so interested what other X5 45E owners in the UK have done

Current Audi RS4 has Guardsman dog guard and Hatchbag boot liner which have both been first class, so was just going to go with that again but unfortunately neither cater for the X5 G05 it would appear.

Any UK based recommendations would be much appreciated, any US recommendations also recommended, if it's a good solution I can always look to import.
Appreciate 0
      10-21-2021, 06:10 AM   #2
alilama55
Rep
Drives: Mitsubishi lancer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davis1888 View Post
Long time forum follower who is about to become the owner of my first ever BMW with an X5 45E on the way. Car is arriving much sooner than either I or the dealership expected so turning my attention to fitting it out for the dog.

Looking for suggestions on Boot liners / protectors and dog guards, happy to hear all suggestions but based in the UK so interested what other X5 45E owners in the UK have done

Current Audi RS4 has Guardsman dog guard and Hatchbag boot liner which have both been first class, so was just going to go with that again but unfortunately neither cater for the X5 G05 it would appear.

Any UK based recommendations would be much appreciated, any US recommendations also recommended, if it's a good solution I can always look to import.
Travall guard is out of the UK, they're pretty great. That plus the Weathertech cargo liner, you should be pretty well covered!
Appreciate 0
      10-21-2021, 06:41 AM   #3
Wait What?
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW X5 xDrive 45e

Quote:

Hi and congratulations on your 45e!

For the trunk you may want to consider the WeatherTech cargo mat model that comes with the removable "apron" as it may give you additional protection for the lower tailgate.

I let my lab travel on the backseat of my 45e and so I also got WeatherTech's pet divider (it is a mesh thing that gets installed in between the two front seats to keep the dog confined to the backseat area) and a cover for the backseat off of Amazon- the brand name is Bark Lover Deluxe (I know, don't ask…) and I am pretty happy with it, it's water resistant, easy to install, durable and it won't slip. I am in the US though, so not sure it also gets sold on Amazon UK.
Appreciate 0
      10-21-2021, 12:07 PM   #4
Davis1888
Enlisted Member
Rep

Thanks for the feedback, the travall guard is definitely one I’ve considered so good to get a second vote of confidence. I like how it has a divider going across the seats abs then a divider than can section the boot up, so you have dog space and some space for other things, shopping, suitcases, etc.

Unfortunately the back seat is out as have a new baby who is going to dominate the back seat. He’s the reason my beloved RS4 is getting the chop, too firm a ride for such a little bundle. Think the X5 air suspension will be a much more refined ride, but the 22” 742 wheels may erode some of that goodness

Will definitely check out the weatherTech options as well for lining / boot tray, has come up a good few times in my research, hopefully can get in the UK.

Thanks for the responses
Appreciate 0
      10-21-2021, 12:17 PM   #5
YuicyYumboYack
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: the speed limit

Don't know if they will ship outside of the U.S, but these get good reviews:

Canvas Back
Appreciate 0
      10-27-2021, 08:24 AM   #6
Davis1888
Enlisted Member
Rep

Just had a response from Hatchbag in the UK who interestingly said that the new X5 has a boot carpet that is not velcro friendly so they have no intention of making a product for it.

What on earth is a "not velcro friendly" boot carpet?
Appreciate 0
      10-27-2021, 10:40 AM   #7
jonjo001
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW i3s and G05 45e

Hi. I went with Kleinmetall for both the guard and the liner. Both have been brilliant
Appreciate 0
      10-27-2021, 11:53 AM   #8
YuicyYumboYack
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: the speed limit

Quote:
Just had a response from Hatchbag in the UK who interestingly said that the new X5 has a boot carpet that is not velcro friendly so they have no intention of making a product for it.

What on earth is a "not velcro friendly" boot carpet?
For whatever reason, normal velcro apparently doesn't stick to the carpet. Other companies will send another type of velcro that you stick to the carpet, and then you stick the cargo / boot liner to that "special" velcro. I guess Hatchbag has decided it's not worth the effort or time.
Appreciate 0