BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

07-26-2019, 02:03 PM   #1
jokinawa
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2019 X7 40i

G05 E-Sys Cheat Codes

Hi All,

I have developed some cheat codes for my G07 which should work for G05 for the most part.

If someone is willing to test and get back to me that would be great.

Here is a link to the post.

[CODING] G07 E-Sys Cheat Codes https://g07.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh....php?t=1636904

And a link to the cheat codes:
https://github.com/packetpilot/bmw-f...s/jokinawa.xml

I am still working on them and will have some updates soon. Cheers!
      07-26-2019, 10:31 PM   #2
LexxM3
Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: E46M3, G05X5

Garage List
2019 X5  [0.00]
I'd like to get into this, but while technical and capable, I've never done this kind of thing before, so a coding newb. In anticipation, I've been getting a little bit of the setup to start to play with E-Sys coding and have the Ethernet cable and a Windows PC ready to start to configure the software. If you can point me to a shortcut for the software setup, it would save me time to figure out myself.

My car is a Canadian late April 2019 production G05 X5 40i with the options you can see detailed in my profile.
      07-26-2019, 11:30 PM   #3
jokinawa
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by LexxM3 View Post
I'd like to get into this, but while technical and capable, I've never done this kind of thing before, so a coding newb. In anticipation, I've been getting a little bit of the setup to start to play with E-Sys coding and have the Ethernet cable and a Windows PC ready to start to configure the software. If you can point me to a shortcut for the software setup, it would save me time to figure out myself.

My car is a Canadian late April 2019 production G05 X5 40i with the options you can see detailed in my profile.
Sent you a PM
      07-27-2019, 04:50 PM   #4
archivedaccount
Rep
n/a
Drives:

Great news.

Does latest launcher pro have fdl mappings for the new G05/G07 modules in including MGU?

Is Eli finally responding to new token requests?
Appreciate 0
      07-27-2019, 05:54 PM   #5
jokinawa
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by eaglesrest View Post
Great news.

Does latest launcher pro have fdl mappings for the new G05/G07 modules in including MGU?

Is Eli finally responding to new token requests?
Yes and yes.

I just got Video in Motion unlocked today and updated the cheat code list. Waiting for the changes to be merged from my repo.
      07-28-2019, 06:21 AM   #6
marcosg
Private
Australia
Rep
Drives: 2024 G05 X5 M60i

Quote:
Originally Posted by jokinawa View Post
Yes and yes.

I just got Video in Motion unlocked today and updated the cheat code list. Waiting for the changes to be merged from my repo.
Thank you @jokinawa for starting this thread. I also just coded the VIM and it worked great
Appreciate 0
      07-30-2019, 05:12 AM   #7
archivedaccount
Rep
n/a
Drives:

Quote:
Originally Posted by marcosg View Post
Thank you @jokinawa for starting this thread. I also just coded the VIM and it worked great
Yes, thanks jokinawa.

I've tested mode startup and tire pressure with temps and all work great

Not had chance to test VIM yet. I did notice that the iDrive UP with Media/Home key press, did not do anything. I notice your screenshot shows US: Speedlock ...... I have a UK car so maybe that's the difference?

Marcosg - did you have to do the iDrive key mapping to get VIM to work in Australia?

Next challenge ... enable Auto lane change assistant for UK cars
Appreciate 0
      07-30-2019, 05:17 AM   #8
marcosg
Private
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Yes, thanks jokinawa.

Not had chance to test VIM yet. I did notice that the iDrive UP with Media/Home key press, did not do anything. I notice your screenshot shows US: Speedlock ...... I have a UK car so maybe that's the difference?

Marcosg - did you have to do the iDrive key mapping to get VIM to work in Australia?

Quote:
Quote:
Yes, thanks jokinawa.

Yes, I did. Once, I coded MGU, I followed the key mapping as described and it worked straight away.
Appreciate 0
      07-30-2019, 06:28 AM   #9
archivedaccount
Rep
n/a
Drives:

Quote:
Yes, I did. Once, I coded MGU, I followed the key mapping as described and it worked straight away.
OK thanks, and you got the US-Speedlock screen that OP showed? Doesn't sound too promising at my end then.

I coded VIDEO SPEEDLOCK CONDITION and the SPEEDLOCK VALUES (Max/Min), but the idrive controller adjustment didn't do anything
Appreciate 0
      07-30-2019, 06:32 AM   #10
marcosg
Private
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
OK thanks, and you got the US-Speedlock screen that OP showed? Doesn't sound too promising at my end then.

I coded VIDEO SPEEDLOCK CONDITION and the SPEEDLOCK VALUES (Max/Min), but the idrive controller adjustment didn't do anything
You will need to set "SPEEDLOCK_FREISCHALTMENU" to aktiv to get the pop up screen.
Appreciate 2
      07-30-2019, 06:36 AM   #11
archivedaccount
Rep
n/a
Drives:

Re Lane Change Assistant for UK cars. I managed to get the Lane Change Assistant option to present in iDrive but it's greyed out, which means there are 1 or more other coding options required for the feature to become applicable.

On other models I believe this option is SAS10-C_SWA_VORHANDEN, however G05 does not have SAS10 module anymore. Anyone know what the alternative is? I've tried searching each module but can't find the option
Appreciate 0
      07-30-2019, 06:40 AM   #12
marcosg
Private
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Re Lane Change Assistant for UK cars. I managed to get the Lane Change Assistant option to present in iDrive but it's greyed out, which means there are 1 or more other coding options required for the feature to become applicable.

On other models I believe this option is SAS10-C_SWA_VORHANDEN, however G05 does not have SAS10 module anymore. Anyone know what the alternative is? I've tried searching each module but can't find the option
What coding option did you set to get the Lane Change Assistant option in iDrive. Thank you.
Appreciate 0
      07-30-2019, 07:09 AM   #13
archivedaccount
Rep
n/a
Drives:

Quote:
You will need to set "SPEEDLOCK_FREISCHALTMENU" to aktiv to get the pop up screen.
That worked! Thank you
Appreciate 0
      07-30-2019, 07:11 AM   #14
archivedaccount
Rep
n/a
Drives:

Quote:
What coding option did you set to get the Lane Change Assistant option in iDrive. Thank you.
HU_MGU --> Spurwechselassistent set to gen1

Last edited by archivedaccount; 07-30-2019 at 07:21 AM..
Appreciate 0
      07-30-2019, 10:23 AM   #15
bichoo
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: BMW X5 40i M-Sport

Quote:
Hi All,

I have developed some cheat codes for my G07 which should work for G05 for the most part.

[CODING] G07 E-Sys Cheat Codes https://g07.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh....php?t=1636904

Thanks for this great work. I just heard back from tokenmaster finally so i'll be poke around as well to see what more stuff I can find as well. RGSport already enabled a bunch of items for me remotely: anti-dazzle, VIM, remove legal disclaimers, M logo startup, remote trunk close, enable trunk closing noise always.

I look at your XML, what's with the Comfort Individual and Comfort Individual? Are these additional customizations available? I'm in a G05 so perhaps its G07 specific? Thoughts?
Appreciate 0
      07-30-2019, 12:32 PM   #16
jokinawa
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by bichoo View Post
Quote:
Hi All,

Thanks for this great work. I just heard back from tokenmaster finally so i'll be poke around as well to see what more stuff I can find as well. RGSport already enabled a bunch of items for me remotely: anti-dazzle, VIM, remove legal disclaimers, M logo startup, remote trunk close, enable trunk closing noise always.

I look at your XML, what's with the Comfort Individual and Comfort Individual? Are these additional customizations available? I'm in a G05 so perhaps its G07 specific? Thoughts?
Those are additional driving modes.

Unfortunately I haven't figured out how to get Comfort Individual to display in the HU. Comfort Plus and Sport Plus do.
      07-31-2019, 06:52 AM   #17
jokinawa
First Lieutenant
Rep

I have sent an email to Stephan of BimmerCode offering to help get all of these options into his app to make it easier for others to code these options.
SWBOS48.00
eagle_bmw182.50
VTENGR1043.50
      08-01-2019, 08:05 PM   #18
motex
2020 Mineral White 30d MSport
Costa Rica
Rep
Drives: 2020 Mineral White 30d MSport

Garage List
Thanks man for your usual colaboration
I drive a 2016 F15 30d fully coded with Bimmercode, great app!
Now I'm waiting for a new G05 on around middle of Sept and would love to code it with Bimmercode, E Sys coding is not for me
      08-01-2019, 11:06 PM   #19
jokinawa
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by motex View Post
Thanks man for your usual colaboration
I drive a 2016 F15 30d fully coded with Bimmercode, great app!
Now I'm waiting for a new G05 on around middle of Sept and would love to code it with Bimmercode, E Sys coding is not for me
No problem. Stephan, the BimmerCode dev said he is looking into the info I sent him. Fingers crossed.
      08-03-2019, 01:51 AM   #20
marcosg
Private
Australia
Rep

Show contact pictures in iDrive from connected phone contact list.
HU_MGU -> PIM_BILDER_EIN_AUS set to Aktiv.
Appreciate 2
jokinawa293.00
      08-04-2019, 05:46 AM   #21
marcosg
Private
Australia
Rep

Ability to view text messages, control messages and Widget setup screen whilest in motion (up to 63km/hr only), the following codes are in HU_MGU
SPEEDLOCK_SPEEDVALUE_MIN set wrete value to 1F
SPEEDLOCK_SPEEDVALUE_MAX set wrete value to 3F
SERVICES_MESSAGES_SPEEDLOC_CONDITION set to none
SPEEDLOCK_CAR_STANDSTILL set to none
SPEEDLOCK_TEXT_LENGTH set to whole_text

Note: This will NOT affect VIM coding.

Last edited by marcosg; 08-21-2019 at 02:47 AM..
Appreciate 0
      08-21-2019, 12:58 AM   #22
Almaretto
Major General
Rep
Drives: Test Vehicles

Quote:

G05 can have 42C1 SAS

View post on imgur.com

There is also 3D14 IB CT01 VIP.

Quote:
Ability to view text messages, control messages and Widget setup screen whilest in motion (up to 63km/hr only), the following codes are in HU_MGU
SPEEDLOCK_SPEEDVALUE_MIN set wrete value to 1F
SPEEDLOCK_SPEEDVALUE_MAX set wrete value to 0F
Did you try setting max to 3F?

Last edited by Almaretto; 08-21-2019 at 01:28 AM..
Appreciate 0