Garage List
2019 X5  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by homerrr View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by AtticusHoy View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Almaretto View Post
Someone posted codes over in G12 subforum.
Are you referring to this thread ?
Maybe this, let me know if it works:
I did a quick FDL search and there are no "handsoff" and related parameters mentioned in any G005 NCD file up to and including S18A-19-07-571 I-Step.
      11-27-2019, 10:25 AM   #90
AtticusHoy
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 M340i

Quote:
Originally Posted by LexxM3 View Post
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Almaretto View Post
Someone posted codes over in G12 subforum.
Maybe this, let me know if it works:
I did a quick FDL search and there are no "handsoff" and related parameters mentioned in any G005 NCD file up to and including S18A-19-07-571 I-Step.
I did some digging and couldn't find anything that even remotely matched the name pattern in SAS or a couple of other ECUs. That's not terribly surprising considering I've only been doing this for about a week or so.

I'd definitely like to get a cheat sheet together for those of us Gxx drivers who want a more Tesla-like, automated driving experience. So I'll keep digging to see what I can find, but if anyone with more experience wants to chime in that would be awesome.

Thanks to everyone so far.
Appreciate 1
      11-27-2019, 11:45 AM   #91
ifr
Lieutenant Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: Tesla MY LR AWD

Quote:
I did some digging and couldn't find anything that even remotely matched the name pattern in SAS or a couple of other ECUs. That's not terribly surprising considering I've only been doing this for about a week or so.

I'd definitely like to get a cheat sheet together for those of us Gxx drivers who want a more Tesla-like, automated driving experience. So I'll keep digging to see what I can find, but if anyone with more experience wants to chime in that would be awesome.

As stated, that coding option doesn't exist on a G05/G07 cafd.

5AR - eTJA can be enabled in coding, but only works when physically located in supported countries USA, Japan, Canada, China?

Auto Lane Change can be enabled in coding for all regions

Automatic Speed Limit Assistant can be enabled in coding for all regions

Assisted Driving View can be enabled in coding for all regions on cars with i-step>=1907

Traffic Light Recognition is coming....

Haven't found a 'fart' code so Tesla has the beans on that one.....

Last edited by ifr; 11-27-2019 at 12:08 PM..
Appreciate 2
LexxM31697.50
yans29.00
      11-27-2019, 11:49 AM   #92
homerrr
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW G05

Quote:
Originally Posted by ifr View Post
Quote:

5AR - eTJA can be enabled in coding, but only works when physically located in supported countries USA, Japan, Canada, China?

Assisted Driving View can be enabled in coding for all regions on cars with i-step>=1907

Having found a 'fart' code so Tesla has the beans on that one.....
Can you not change the location limitations on the eTJA to allow it to work everywhere?
Appreciate 0
      11-27-2019, 12:16 PM   #93
ifr
Lieutenant Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Can you not change the location limitations on the eTJA to allow it to work everywhere?
Wish you could, but I can't find an equivalent land mask like there is with some of the other codes.

PITA to test as it needs to be on a highway following a car <40mph
Appreciate 0
      11-27-2019, 12:35 PM   #94
homerrr
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Wish you could, but I can't find an equivalent land mask like there is with some of the other codes.

PITA to test as it needs to be on a highway following a car <40mph
I enabled the aSLA in my US car and remember having to change some country specific coding to make it work. Might be something similar but I see how testing it is difficult. I'm in the US and I think the only time it became available was during my drive home from the performance center delivery. I'd love to be able to enable eTJA for all road types and some higher speeds so I don't need all planets to align.
Appreciate 0
      11-27-2019, 01:30 PM   #95
AtticusHoy
Private
United_States
Rep

Quote:
I enabled the aSLA in my US car and remember having to change some country specific coding to make it work. Might be something similar but I see how testing it is difficult. I'm in the US and I think the only time it became available was during my drive home from the performance center delivery. I'd love to be able to enable eTJA for all road types and some higher speeds so I don't need all planets to align.
I agree. I've used the traffic jam assist (isn't the 'official' name, Assisted Driving Plus in the cockpit?) a few times and it would be awesome if I could use it above 40 mph and on any road. I probably wouldn't want to mess with any other Driver Assistance coding if we could enable it anytime and anywhere. I mean, it's got a camera to monitor our eyes--why do we need to touch the steering wheel? At least until traffic light recognition is introduced anyway
Appreciate 0
      11-27-2019, 01:42 PM   #96
AtticusHoy
Private
United_States
Rep

Quote:

Just to clarify--Are you saying eTJA can be enabled, with the default eTJA activation criteria, if you didn't buy the option? Or are you saying there's some enhancement to eTJA that can be added?
This is a gift from the cosmos.
I wondered if this was possible--but it doesn't sound like a...very...fun...feature. Do you have any easily accessible instructions for coding? If not, I can search.
This is what convinced me to dip my toes in the lake of coding.
My body is ready
Haven't found a 'fart' code so Tesla has the beans on that one.....
Maybe the BMW Assistant can just route to the nearest Chipotle
Responded in the quote...
Appreciate 1
LexxM31697.50
      11-27-2019, 04:53 PM   #97
ifr
Lieutenant Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep

5AR can be added as long as DAP is already installed.

aSLA is one of the best coding features imo. No constantly setting the cruise speed, or worrying about speeding tickets, it integrates with the driving assistant features smoothly.
Appreciate 0
      11-27-2019, 09:30 PM   #98
Almaretto
Major General
Rep
Drives: Test Vehicles

Quote:
Yes.
Appreciate 0
      11-28-2019, 02:38 AM   #99
ifr
Lieutenant Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
I've given up trying to crack it. For all I know I've had it working and it just didn't kick-in during testing.
Appreciate 0
      12-18-2019, 09:44 AM   #100
Bigtop
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2020 G05 M50i

Got E-Sys up and running. Cannot find which files are relevant to the G05. I see G005. Is that the same? Or which Target Selector file should I choose?

Thanks
Appreciate 0
      12-21-2019, 05:55 PM   #101
sd_dracula
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2020 G20 330e

Quote:
question on speedlock settings; I have coded this:

Ability to view text messages, control messages and Widget setup screen whilest in motion (up to 63km/hr only), the following codes are in (3E53 - HU_MGU)
SPEEDLOCK_SPEEDVALUE_MIN - set wrete value to 1F
SPEEDLOCK_SPEEDVALUE_MAX - set wrete value to 3F
SERVICES_MESSAGES_SPEEDLOC_CONDITION - set to none
SPEEDLOCK_CAR_STANDSTILL - set to none
SPEEDLOCK_TEXT_LENGTH - set to whole_text

works fine, but it conflicts with VIM regarding the settings in SPEEDLOCK_SPEEDVALUE_MAX and MIN, where VIM needs that set at none and werte 00, if I am not mistaken. so, do I have to choose between one or the other or is there a way?
Thanks
I wonder about the same thing? Did anyone confirm that Speedlock stuff still works if SPEEDLOCK_SPEEDVALUE_MAX and MIN are set to none instead of 3F/1F?
Appreciate 0
      12-22-2019, 12:07 PM   #102
siegester
Captain
Rep
Drives: '20 M340i

Garage List
2020 BMW M340i  [0.00]
How are you guys getting the storage info values? The checkbox is missing for me (I have Default Values, Parameter, Activation Condition). I have a few things I've coded that don't have cheats, and I'd like to create them.

Thanks!
Appreciate 0
      01-01-2020, 11:15 AM   #103
Cyberdemon
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2020 X5 40i, 2018 M3 Comp

Quote:
I guess they wouldn't have to prove whether coding took place or not. They just invalidate the warranty or refuse a no charge repair. Then it would be up to the customer to prove they were wrong to do that, possibly involving civil court action and BMW engineer vs customer expert witness.

You'd have a job on convincing an arbiter that 1 or more codes suddenly corrupted in such a way that the hex changed specifically to another hex value without impacting the behaviour of any other codes, or the ECU.

Some of the published coding options can negatively impact safety, some improve it. Some can potentially increase the wear and tear on the car. Some are just innocuous such as the driving view.

I don't think it's in BMWs interest to penalise customers for minor coding issues, but if it came down to a legal issue or an expensive repair, I'd still worry.

Unless you unselect the privacy telemetry options, the car is telling BMW its current configuration to check if its in a fit state for an OTA update. That has to include current FA matched against VIN, to ensure there are no enabled options that are unsupported by the update. This data is time stamped.

I agree that the majority of these codes should be available to customers via a supported idrive interface menu. Region locked features should also be available where legal and tested. I particularly dislike making new features only available to customers of a new MY just to boost sales.

My view is simple - I take full responsibility for all coding and know its not allowed by the manufacturer. I don't draw attention by coding cosmetic changes and I always back out changes and clear coding records from the car's diags before visiting the dealer. I can't do anything about the telemetry without some other constraints, so trust that BMW have no inclination to review the data for any purpose other than providing service.

Late to the thread - but conversations on mods always come up - the only time something such as coding would void a warranty is if BMW could show that what you did somehow effected or caused the failure.

For example, if you install a JB4 and turn up the boost and your turbo starts leaking - then yes, they'd probably link that back.

If you code your HUD to a M logo, and your turbo starts leaking oil - there is zero way of correlating that or "Voiding" the warranty.

In very slim cases you could create some awkward correlation and then you'd be in a fight with the dealer...for example if disabling ASS and then had a problem with your starter, perhaps they'd link the two even if the faults were unrelated.

I had both my previous cars coded, brought in for multiple services and warranty and never had any issues. The only time the dealer ever gave me an issue was when the PDC system shorted out and they told me my car must have been in an accident (then perfectly repaired to OEM standards) because there is no way the system would break on it's own.
      01-09-2020, 03:42 AM   #104
jeet
Private
Australia
Rep
Drives: BMW X5 (G05)

Please can anyone advise the steps to code Automatic Speed Limit Assistant on X5 G05.

Thanks
Appreciate 0
      01-09-2020, 06:18 AM   #105
homerrr
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeet View Post
Please can anyone advise the steps to code Automatic Speed Limit Assistant on X5 G05.

Thanks
It's a quite lengthy and complicated list. I have an excel sheet with it. If you pm me your email address I'll send it to you. You'll need esys.
Appreciate 1
      01-09-2020, 10:24 AM   #106
ifr
Lieutenant Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeet View Post

Thanks
I really wouldn't attempt this unless you are an advanced FDL coder with a full understanding of how each ECU is used on the G05, and the impact of different i-step versions.
Appreciate 0
      01-09-2020, 11:51 AM   #107
perikifi
Private First Class
Finland
Rep
Drives: 2020 X5 45e M Sport

Quote:
I really wouldn't attempt this unless you are an advanced FDL coder with a full understanding of how each ECU is used on the G05, and the impact of different i-step versions.
That's a pretty tough requirement, with zero official documentation. Where would you start to gain this understanding?
Appreciate 0
      01-09-2020, 12:33 PM   #108
ifr
Lieutenant Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by perikifi View Post
That's a pretty tough requirement, with zero official documentation. Where would you start to gain this understanding?
Start simple with basic esys launcher/esysx coding.

The auto speed limit assistant codes are experimental and shouldn't be used by inexperienced coders. They behave differently based on region/i-step and model, and change the way that the car drives in assisted mode.
Appreciate 1
perikifi165.50
      01-10-2020, 05:16 AM   #109
perikifi
Private First Class
Finland
Rep
Drives: 2020 X5 45e M Sport

Quote:
Start simple with basic esys launcher/esysx coding.

The auto speed limit assistant codes are experimental and shouldn't be used by inexperienced coders. They behave differently based on region/i-step and model, and change the way that the car drives in assisted mode.
What I was looking for is un-disabling the standard option "Adjust automatically" in "Speed Assistant" -> "Speed limits". Currently, selecting the option displays "Anticipation not available in this country." and I was hoping to override that. It is a feature described in the user manual and I believe someone from UK said it was working for him.
Appreciate 0
      01-10-2020, 08:25 AM   #110
ifr
Lieutenant Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by perikifi View Post
What I was looking for is un-disabling the standard option "Adjust automatically" in "Speed Assistant" -> "Speed limits". Currently, selecting the option displays "Anticipation not available in this country." and I was hoping to override that. It is a feature described in the user manual and I believe someone from UK said it was working for him.
Yes it's enabled for UK users by default.

It can be coded but it's extremely complex with multiple codes across multiple ECU. The same codes behave differently depending on the region of your car. There is even different behaviour when upgrading from 07/19 to 11/19 probably because the 'released' codes need to be reviewed again and updated, which no-one is doing.

In certain configurations the aSLA codes will causes a persistent error message to be displayed, which while apparently harmless, is not desirable.

With no support you will potentially need to fix these issues yourself, hence why it should only be attempted by advanced experienced coders.

I know the codes worked on USA and AUSY G05/G07 cars on 07/19 and that's it. The behaviour in any other configuration is unknown.
Appreciate 1
perikifi165.50