BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

11-15-2019, 10:35 AM   #1
James_G0540i
Captain
Australia
Rep
Drives: 2021 X5 G05 40i M Sport

Bimmercode Expert mode cheat sheet?

Does anyone know where I can get an Advanced mode cheat sheet for Bimmercode?

For example, I was able to turn on Advanced Drive Assist in the Instrument cluster using the following:
SICHT_ABSICHT_ENABLE aktiv
CB_FZG_UMGEBUNG_FAS aktiv
CB_PRESELECT_NAVI_ANSICHT_FZG_UMGEBUNG aktiv

I've enabled the Alpina instrument cluster using standard mode in Bimmercode; under Instrument Cluster, but I want to turn off the permanent "Alpina" text in the Instrument cluster just below the driver monitor camera. I've seen others code the ///M symbol, so I'm sure there's a way to disable the Alpina text.

Is it worthwhile e-mailing bimmercode support?
Appreciate 0
      11-15-2019, 03:58 PM   #2
roadkillrob
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 08 335i,22 X3M, 2012 C63 Black

It is simple, you go to expert mode in the ECU you want to code, in this case above the Kombi and then just search each of the items as their is a search at the top of bimmercode and set the item to aktiv, once you change all them, then just back out one screen and hit code. All the other items are in the G05 cheat sheet for esys.
Appreciate 0
      11-15-2019, 04:07 PM   #3
roadkillrob
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 08 335i,22 X3M, 2012 C63 Black

To be a little more specific, when you go to expert mode, go to section 3000 and then search and you will find the 3 assisted driving items you need to change.

For the Alpina text to not display, it is also in section 3000
change this LOGO_SCHRIFTZUG to kein_logo and that will be no logo
Change LOGO_SCHRIFTZUG to m_logo and you will have the M logo
There are about 20 choices for that setting in the list you will see, you can play around with whatever logo's you want.

Also, if you want the startup logo when you get in the car to not be Alpina you can change this also in group 3000

STARTUP_EMBLEM to bmw_m

Most things are in here, bimmercode cannot do expert mode for a lot of the modules, but all the Kombi stuff you can do, just find the stuff under the DKOMBI4 section and then the group ID is the section number in expert mode you will find the item under and then you can search or just find it in the list and change it to the indicate setting. https://github.com/packetpilot/bmw-f...s/jokinawa.xml
Appreciate 2
      11-16-2019, 08:00 AM   #4
James_G0540i
Captain
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadkillrob View Post
There are about 20 choices for that setting in the list you will see, you can play around with whatever logo's you want.

Also, if you want the startup logo when you get in the car to not be Alpina you can change this also in group 3000

STARTUP_EMBLEM to bmw_m
Thanks, I ended up finding LOGO_SCHRIFTZUG in the 3001 section and got rid of the "Alpina" text, however I couldn't find STARTUP_EMBLEM anywhere in the Instrument Cluster section - 3000 or 3001.
Appreciate 0
      01-28-2020, 11:21 PM   #5
B530e
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2023 BMW 760xi, 2024 BMW 530i

Garage List
2021 BMW 540i  [0.00]
2020 BMW 530e  [0.00]
Quote:
To be a little more specific, when you go to expert mode, go to section 3000 and then search and you will find the 3 assisted driving items you need to change.

STARTUP_EMBLEM to bmw_m

Most things are in here, bimmercode cannot do expert mode for a lot of the modules, but all the Kombi stuff you can do, just find the stuff under the DKOMBI4 section and then the group ID is the section number in expert mode you will find the item under and then you can search or just find it in the list and change it to the indicate setting. https://github.com/packetpilot/bmw-f...s/jokinawa.xml
Hello, I'm hoping not to be redundant. I followed your directions to the letter and changed the "e_drive" logo to the "///M" logo because I have an M Sport and the logo disappears. It will only show E Drive. Any other logo won't show up. Is there another parameter to code?
      01-29-2020, 08:05 AM   #6
hkleyman
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 BMW X5 50i M-Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by B530e View Post
Quote:

STARTUP_EMBLEM to bmw_m

Hello, I'm hoping not to be redundant. I followed your directions to the letter and changed the "e_drive" logo to the "///M" logo because I have an M Sport and the logo disappears. It will only show E Drive. Any other logo won't show up. Is there another parameter to code?
Some logos are only compatible / display with certain layouts I've found.
Appreciate 0
      01-29-2020, 09:47 AM   #7
B530e
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2023 BMW 760xi, 2024 BMW 530i

Garage List
2021 BMW 540i  [0.00]
2020 BMW 530e  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by hkleyman View Post
Some logos are only compatible / display with certain layouts I've found.
Gotcha. Thank you for that info
      01-29-2020, 03:11 PM   #8
James_G0540i
Captain
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by B530e View Post
Gotcha. Thank you for that info
I've found I can only get the ///M logo with the standard BMW or Sports display on the Instrument cluster. It doesn't work with the Alpina cluster display.
Appreciate 0
      01-29-2020, 08:09 PM   #9
FreddyBMW
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2019 X7 40i iSTEP 07/2020.54

I am planning to take my car for a software update soon. I don't want the dealer to see the changes I have done through BimmerCode App. Is there a way I can reset everything that BimmerCode did to default values?

I did do the Drive Assist View change in the Expert mode to it and now need to reset it to default (and of course bring it back on after the software update if Bimmercode allows me to do it).
Appreciate 0
      01-29-2020, 08:23 PM   #10
LexxM3
Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: E46M3, G05X5

Garage List
2019 X5  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by FreddyBMW View Post
I am planning to take my car for a software update soon. I don't want the dealer to see the changes I have done through BimmerCode App. Is there a way I can reset everything that BimmerCode did to default values?

I did do the Drive Assist View change in the Expert mode to it and now need to reset it to default (and of course bring it back on after the software update if Bimmercode allows me to do it).
Bimmercode makes a backup of the ECU before coding it. Assuming you've done all your coding on the same smartphone and never uninstalled the app, your backups are still there. Go to every ECU and restore the very first/oldest backup.
      01-29-2020, 08:27 PM   #11
FreddyBMW
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by LexxM3 View Post
Bimmercode makes a backup of the ECU before coding it. Assuming you've done all your coding on the same smartphone and never uninstalled the app, your backups are still there. Go to every ECU and restore the very first/oldest backup.
Thanks. I actually forgot to mention that I did a few with the norm app and then did others (from another device) through the TestFlight App.

What do you think, restoring each one at a time would work? I just don't want to Brick the car. LOL.
Appreciate 0
      01-29-2020, 08:33 PM   #12
LexxM3
Colonel
Canada
Rep

Garage List
2019 X5  [0.00]
Quote:
Quote:
Thanks. I actually forgot to mention that I did a few with the norm app and then did others (from another device) through the TestFlight App.

What do you think, restoring each one at a time would work? I just don't want to Brick the car. LOL.
iPhone, I guess from the TestFlight reference? When I went back and forth between TestFlight and App Store versions, I explicitly grabbed a copy of all backups from the Bimmercode folder in Files so that I would retain all the backups. Any chance you did that? If not, while you won't brick the car regardless, you might have lost your very first set of backups and will only be able to go back to something more recent. In that case, you'll need to manually change back parameters, although there are parameters in Bimmercode that can only be restored by a backups restore, not manually.
      01-29-2020, 08:39 PM   #13
FreddyBMW
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
iPhone, I guess from the TestFlight reference? When I went back and forth between TestFlight and App Store versions, I explicitly grabbed a copy of all backups from the Bimmercode folder in Files so that I would retain all the backups. Any chance you did that? If not, while you won't brick the car regardless, you might have lost your very first set of backups and will only be able to go back to something more recent. In that case, you'll need to manually change back parameters, although there are parameters in Bimmercode that can only be restored by a backups restore, not manually.
Thanks again. Sorry my explanation was not clear...

Here is the scenario...

I did number of "A" changes using the iPhone and the Store App version. It did make a backup at that time in the iPhone.

Then I did number of "B" changes using an iPAD and the TestFlight version. It did make a back up at that time in the iPAD.

"A" changes were made before "B" changes. So, now if I connect my iPhone, will it recognize and allow me to restore the A changes back to default? Or should I do things in a particular order?

I do have the backups but the problem is Store version and TestFlight version usage and two different devices being used.

Thanks again.
Appreciate 0
      01-29-2020, 08:45 PM   #14
VTENGR
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2020 X5 M50i

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Wouldn't the easiest way would be to use Esys and code each ECU like if you VO coded some features. If you don't change the FA file then when you code the ECUs shouldn't it restore it all to default values?
Appreciate 0
      01-29-2020, 08:51 PM   #15
LexxM3
Colonel
Canada
Rep

Garage List
2019 X5  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by VTENGR View Post
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Wouldn't the easiest way would be to use Esys and code each ECU like if you VO coded some features. If you don't change the FA file then when you code the ECUs shouldn't it restore it all to default values?
Sure, if FreddyBMW has an ESys setup or good friends that do.
      01-29-2020, 08:53 PM   #16
LexxM3
Colonel
Canada
Rep

Garage List
2019 X5  [0.00]
Quote:
Quote:
Thanks again. Sorry my explanation was not clear...

Here is the scenario...

I did number of "A" changes using the iPhone and the Store App version. It did make a backup at that time in the iPhone.

Then I did number of "B" changes using an iPAD and the TestFlight version. It did make a back up at that time in the iPAD.

"A" changes were made before "B" changes. So, now if I connect my iPhone, will it recognize and allow me to restore the A changes back to default? Or should I do things in a particular order?

I do have the backups but the problem is Store version and TestFlight version usage and two different devices being used.

Thanks again.
The ECU backups are compatible across all modern versions. Go back to the device with the oldest backups and use that - set "A" on the iPhone.
      01-29-2020, 08:55 PM   #17
FreddyBMW
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
I wish if I could be bold enough to use Esys. You see these WYSIWYG easy GUI apps like Bimmercode is the level of the complexity I can deal with.

I guess I am in trouble now.....Better take my car as is to the dealer but I think at least I want to remove two items back to default from it;

1. Alpina Dash (Lol a 40i and Alpina; sounds weird right)
2. Driving Assist View

Thanks in advance guys for your help.
Appreciate 0
      01-29-2020, 08:59 PM   #18
VTENGR
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2020 X5 M50i

Quote:
Quote:
I wish if I could be bold enough to use Esys. You see these WYSIWYG easy GUI apps like Bimmercode is the level of the complexity I can deal with.

I guess I am in trouble now.....Better take my car as is to the dealer but I think at least I want to remove two items back to default from it;

1. Alpina Dash (Lol a 40i and Alpina; sounds weird right)
2. Driving Assist View

Thanks in advance guys for your help.
Honestly I wouldn't even worry about driver assist. My car has it so do you think your dealer who services 2019 and 2020 models will have red flags raised if they spot it on your dash? Also I have mine set so that it only comes on when I have cruise control on. Is yours not like that?
Appreciate 0
      01-29-2020, 09:02 PM   #19
FreddyBMW
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
The ECU backups are compatible across all modern versions. Go back to the device with the oldest backups and use that - set "A" on the iPhone.
Hmmm that is what I was thinking about because as you mentioned that the oldest version has the most of its oldest values with it.

I feel like I should give it a trial. BTW, I have 07/2019.50 version on it. I heard that I can get it updated to up to 11/2019.40. Do you think it worth trying it now or wait?

If there is any changes to Drive Assist features like Lane Centering and proper stopping when in the Adaptive cruise in the city, I really want to give it an update.

It just scares me to hell when it Beeps for help when it can't stop and cries for help when a car in front of it stops (normally).
Appreciate 0
      01-29-2020, 09:08 PM   #20
LexxM3
Colonel
Canada
Rep

Garage List
2019 X5  [0.00]
Quote:
Quote:
Hmmm that is what I was thinking about because as you mentioned that the oldest version has the most of its oldest values with it.

I feel like I should give it a trial. BTW, I have 07/2019.50 version on it. I heard that I can get it updated to up to 11/2019.40. Do you think it worth trying it now or wait?

If there is any changes to Drive Assist features like Lane Centering and proper stopping when in the Adaptive cruise in the city, I really want to give it an update.

It just scares me to hell when it Beeps for help when it can't stop and cries for help when a car in front of it stops (normally).
Maybe one complicated topic at a time and per thread :-). You're good with Bimmercode backup restore now?

For the "worth upgrading to 11/2019.xx" discussion, maybe take that to the 11/2019.40 thread.
      01-29-2020, 09:13 PM   #21
FreddyBMW
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Honestly I wouldn't even worry about driver assist. My car has it so do you think your dealer who services 2019 and 2020 models will have red flags raised if they spot it on your dash? Also I have mine set so that it only comes on when I have cruise control on. Is yours not like that?
I agree with you and yes if it turned off, it shows the map so not much fear which now leads me to restore the Alpina Dash which may sound abnormal because it can't be neglected.

I probably will have to UN-Program that area only in that case using the TestFlight version because its the one that I used to enable it.
Appreciate 0
      01-29-2020, 09:16 PM   #22
FreddyBMW
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Maybe one complicated topic at a time and per thread :-). You're good with Bimmercode backup restore now?
Yes! Thank you for the help!

Quote:
For the "worth upgrading to 11/2019.xx" discussion, maybe take that to the 11/2019.40 thread.
Yep. That is correct.
Appreciate 0