BMW X5
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

10-12-2021, 09:03 PM   #1
R34L15T
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2019 BMW X5 30d M Sport

Recently got myself a Spigen Magsafe vent phone holder which also charges the phone.

I somehow want to know if it's possible feed the cable through the air vent where the holder is placed and get it to the cigarette lighter where the cupholders are.

Something possible or am i dreaming?
      10-13-2021, 02:51 AM   #2
Kas63
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2020 X5 M50d

Quote:
Originally Posted by R34L15T View Post
Recently got myself a Spigen Magsafe vent phone holder which also charges the phone.

I somehow want to know if it's possible feed the cable through the air vent where the holder is placed and get it to the cigarette lighter where the cupholders are.

Something possible or am i dreaming?
Just a word of caution. Some of the air vents are quite weak and flimsy. I used an air vent phone holder and when I was trying to remove it the air vent mechanism and direction fins broke. Fixed under warranty but looked an expensive repair if the warranty hadn't covered it.

Having said that I'm sure there are others here that have had no issues, just my personal experience.
      10-13-2021, 06:59 AM   #3
nZtiZia
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: eVeRyOnE mAD!

Garage List
i doubt there's an outlet from within the vent tubing for the cable to come out unless you drill a hole. then you'll be venting out of that hole.
Appreciate 0
      10-13-2021, 04:39 PM   #4
R34L15T
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by nZtiZia View Post
i doubt there's an outlet from within the vent tubing for the cable to come out unless you drill a hole. then you'll be venting out of that hole.
Thought if i take the whole vent trim off completely i can place the wire behind the vented itself/or on side.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kas63 View Post
Just a word of caution. Some of the air vents are quite weak and flimsy. I used an air vent phone holder and when I was trying to remove it the air vent mechanism and direction fins broke. Fixed under warranty but looked an expensive repair if the warranty hadn't covered it.

Having said that I'm sure there are others here that have had no issues, just my personal experience.
Yes already had an issue with a holder. The whole vent came off. Took me a good hour to put it back to how it was - but luckily nothing was broken 🤞🏼
      10-13-2021, 05:43 PM   #5
nZtiZia
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: eVeRyOnE mAD!

Garage List
i haven't seen the Spigen MagSafe charger, but if you could attach it to the ProClip mount designed for the G05, you can avoid stressing the vent fins altogether. i did this with a MagSafe charger from Amazon.
Appreciate 0
      10-14-2021, 10:09 AM   #6
R34L15T
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
i haven't seen the Spigen MagSafe charger, but if you could attach it to the ProClip mount designed for the G05, you can avoid stressing the vent fins altogether. i did this with a MagSafe charger from Amazon.
Quote:
The holder is pretty good. I don't think it causes too much stress on it and i've tried shaking it around with the phone on and it's solid so far. I have a iPhone 13 Pro Max. So quiet heavy too.

[IMG]https://ibb.co/VprKFqP[/IMG]
[IMG]https://ibb.co/8DgbRKY[/IMG]

https://ibb.co/8DgbRKY

https://ibb.co/VprKFqP