BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

10-16-2021, 04:10 PM   #1
alabesky
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: '21 G05 40i

Can you rotate the tires on the x5?

Is tire rotation recommended on the G05 40i with xdrive?
The manual doesn't seem to have much info on tire rotation. Any advice appreciated!

Thanks!
Appreciate 0
      10-16-2021, 05:17 PM   #2
5pacey
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: '15 X5, '22 X5e

Depends on the wheels you have. If you have all 4 wheels/tires same size then yes, you should rotate. If they are staggered then you can only "rotate" from side to side, which is mostly pointless.
Appreciate 1
      10-16-2021, 07:20 PM   #3
alabesky
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5pacey View Post
Depends on the wheels you have. If you have all 4 wheels/tires same size then yes, you should rotate. If they are staggered then you can only "rotate" from side to side, which is mostly pointless.
Thank you!
I have x-drive with the 20's on all four corners. Was looking at them this morning and seems like the fronts are showing more wear than the rears at about 8k miles.
Appreciate 1
5pacey55.00
      10-17-2021, 12:50 AM   #4
jad03060
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: X5 45e

Depending on which iDrive software you have, the procedure to reset them can differ...the older s/w had a 'RESET" option. The newest version (that I've seen) doesn't, but all you need to do is tell it to 'SAVE', and it will reset. Otherwise, the location won't be right, and you may get pressure warnings assuming you do change the pressure for the new location in the tires.
Appreciate 0
      10-19-2021, 12:59 PM   #5
alabesky
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by jad03060 View Post
Depending on which iDrive software you have, the procedure to reset them can differ...the older s/w had a 'RESET" option. The newest version (that I've seen) doesn't, but all you need to do is tell it to 'SAVE', and it will reset. Otherwise, the location won't be right, and you may get pressure warnings assuming you do change the pressure for the new location in the tires.
Thanks for the input!
Im only at 8k miles, but due to the front outside wear im planning to have it rotated tomorrow since i have the squared setup hopefully it won't be an issue.

I already read somewhere on the forum regarding the more aggressive camber settings on the G05 hence suggesting not to rotate.

That leaves me a bit confused whether to do it or not.
Appreciate 0