BMW X5
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

10-14-2021, 12:36 PM   #1
Bearco
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2022 X5 M50i

Order status going backwards?

On Monday, my July x5m50i order changed to scheduled for production. Today (Thursday) it went back to order received. Has this happened to anyone before?

The previous week, BMW Genius said week 48 for the build. On Monday when the status changed, the dealer said they were showing week 40.

I never thought that in 2021, we would be experiencing a chip shortage... what a weird time in history.
Appreciate 0
      10-14-2021, 12:44 PM   #2
dananelson1
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 22 X5 45e, 13 X5xdrive50i SOLD

This has not happened to me. But I will say, my SA has warned me multiple times to not glean into the MyGarage status too much in the early days; siting unwarranted customer frustration; he actually said don't even look at it (but we all know that's unrealistic...haha!).
I'm week 43 (next week) on a build and only last night did my status change from Order Received to Scheduled for Production ; while others here on week 43 had their status change ages ago. That said, the question to ask is if there is ANYTHING on your unique build that is delaying your production - based on what they see/or know today.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bearco View Post
On Monday, my July x5m50i order changed to scheduled for production. Today (Thursday) it went back to order received. Has this happened to anyone before?

The previous week, BMW Genius said week 48 for the build. On Monday when the status changed, the dealer said they were showing week 40.

I never thought that in 2021, we would be experiencing a chip shortage... what a weird time in history.
Appreciate 0
      10-14-2021, 12:49 PM   #3
Bearco
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by dananelson1 View Post
This has not happened to me. But I will say, my SA has warned me multiple times to not glean into the MyGarage status too much in the early days; siting unwarranted customer frustration; he actually said don't even look at it (but we all know that's unrealistic...haha!).
I'm week 43 (next week) on a build and only last night did my status change from Order Received to Scheduled for Production ; while others here on week 43 had their status change ages ago. That said, the question to ask is if there is ANYTHING on your unique build that is delaying your production - based on what they see/or know today.
Thanks, that's good to know. I ordered everything, but the climate package, tow and headliner. So that probably doesn't help.

I'm crossing my fingers the B&W system stays on it! It's still listed at least.
Appreciate 0
      10-14-2021, 05:03 PM   #4
LSU_Man
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep

Quote:

Mine did the same thing! I ordered an X5 M50i in July and it did the same changes on the same days as yours. The Genius had told me week 48 recently as well. At least we're in the same boat (that's apparently going in circles).
Appreciate 2
GrussGott18116.50
Bearco65.00
      10-14-2021, 06:35 PM   #5
allinon72
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 20' M2C, 23' X1

This is common from what I've seen. The tracker has it's pitfalls....it's at least a day behind but unless there's an unusual delay, your build date is your build date.
Appreciate 1
GrussGott18116.50
      10-14-2021, 08:06 PM   #6
TFresh47
Private
Rep
Drives: 2022 X6 m50i

Quote:
Quote:
Thanks, that's good to know. I ordered everything, but the climate package, tow and headliner. So that probably doesn't help.

Quote:
Quote:

Your B&W stereo is 100% delaying your build.
Mine fluctuated a lot in the beginning and then was scheduled for week 50….put the order in a month ago. Dealership called and rep says it was the B&W.
We took it off the order and build went into production the next day.
Appreciate 2
GrussGott18116.50
Bearco65.00
      10-14-2021, 11:52 PM   #7
GrussGott
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 M4 Comp Indv

Garage List
Quote:

Keep us updated, curious to know if & when your build goes through! I ordered B&W as well...
Appreciate 0
      10-15-2021, 05:15 AM   #8
jps3b
Private
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by LSU_Man View Post
Quote:

Mine did the same thing! I ordered an X5 M50i in July and it did the same changes on the same days as yours. The Genius had told me week 48 recently as well. At least we're in the same boat (that's apparently going in circles).
When you say "Genius" is this a person? Or a computer generated response? If it's a person, do you deal with the same person for the entirety of the ownership? Reason why I ask is I bought a X5 M550i but the dealer I purchased the car at is 97 miles from my home. I have a dealership very close to my house. I need a genius to help me navigate this car. It has so many options I can't keep track and I want to get the most out of it. Thank you in advanced
Appreciate 0
      10-15-2021, 10:05 AM   #9
Bearco
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by jps3b View Post
When you say "Genius" is this a person? Or a computer generated response? If it's a person, do you deal with the same person for the entirety of the ownership? Reason why I ask is I bought a X5 M550i but the dealer I purchased the car at is 97 miles from my home. I have a dealership very close to my house. I need a genius to help me navigate this car. It has so many options I can't keep track and I want to get the most out of it. Thank you in advanced
In this case, the Genius I'm referring to is when I call the corporate number and gave them my info to look up the status of my build number. The local dealers have Geniuses too that help you with the tech stuff.
Appreciate 1
jps3b84.00
      10-15-2021, 05:42 PM   #10
GrussGott
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
South Shore BMW has a lot of great intro videos on all of the features too, e.g., "BMW Virtual Genius | X5 M50i Tutorial (2021-2022)"

You have to click on the "watch on youtube" link - it's a 30 min overview of the M50i and they also go deep on features/options in other videos

Appreciate 0
      10-15-2021, 07:06 PM   #11
jps3b
Private
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrussGott View Post
Quote:
South Shore BMW has a lot of great intro videos on all of the features too, e.g., "BMW Virtual Genius | X5 M50i Tutorial (2021-2022)"

You have to click on the "watch on youtube" link - it's a 30 min overview of the M50i and they also go deep on features/options in other videos

Thank you. I've watched a lot of these. JP does a really good job explaining many of the features that comes with my X5
Appreciate 0
      10-21-2021, 02:16 PM   #12
Bearco
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrussGott View Post
Keep us updated, curious to know if & when your build goes through! I ordered B&W as well...
Well, it’s official per my dealership that my August order has had the B&W and massage seats removed from my X5M50i. The status changed to scheduled for production again and they are missing on my BMW garage too.

I’m still debating on what I want to do. I technically don’t need a new car until next summer. It would be nice to get what I want.
Appreciate 1
GrussGott18116.50
      10-21-2021, 03:14 PM   #13
Trex1200r
Rep
Drives: 2022 X5 M50i, Audi SQ5

I've heard the next supply chain crisis is magnesium which is used in all things aluminum. Add to that lots of speculation new car prices are going to go up. Just something to consider in the dilemma on whether to wait or not. Not sure things will be better, and might even be worse by next summer.
Appreciate 0
      10-21-2021, 04:14 PM   #14
lc21
Rep
Drives: E46 M3/F10 535i/E70 X5 50i

Here's the timeline for my X5 M50i:
10/5: scheduled for production
10/6: production begins
10/18: changed to enter assembly in the morning and was in awaiting carrier assignment stage around 5pm
10/20: dispatched from factory
10/21: at the dealership (Wisconsin)

Surprisingly efficient.
Appreciate 0
      10-21-2021, 04:26 PM   #15
Edmund1812
Rep
Drives: X5MC, X5M60i, X3MC, Ram 1500

Garage List
2021 Bmw X3MC  [0.00]
2021 X3MC  [0.00]
Quote:
No matter how close to the Dealer is if new to these cars, like me, the best is to go to the internet. BMW has many -how too—. Even had a kid at a car wash come over to show me how to go into ‘Neutral. All kinds of lights, alarms and the thing was rolling over the track thing. I had it for 2-3 days and the line was backing up. Kids Momma had a BMW so he knew. So you will be OK.
Appreciate 1
jps3b84.00
      10-21-2021, 08:39 PM   #16
GrussGott
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Well, it’s official per my dealership that my August order has had the B&W and massage seats removed from my X5M50i. The status changed to scheduled for production again and they are missing on my BMW garage too.

I’m still debating on what I want to do. I technically don’t need a new car until next summer. It would be nice to get what I want.
aw fuck dude, that blows, sorry to hear that

If I were you, I'd probably wait as I hear the B&W is coming back in January (PURE rumor) and maybe other stuff too as we move into Q1. I have a feeling BMW has decided to let Q4 go by with "decontented" vehicles, but I can't imagine they'll keep it up ... further, the 7er debuts in July with a bunch of new stuff including a new B&W system.

I'd either wait it out or get the vehicle and plan on selling it 5-6 months used (assuming you're willing to take on the market risk and/or depreciation)
Appreciate 0