BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

10-14-2021, 10:31 PM   #1
XtremeMaC
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 X6 xDrive40i G06

X6 xDrive40i Exhaust Options

Hello
I've gone from 2020 Supra 3.0 to X6 xDrive40i. In hindsight, I should have gone with X4 M or X4 M40i, but here I am with X6 3L I6 2-port B58 engine that no tuner wants to touch and can't touch other than piggyback...

Anyhow, long story short, apart from missing the performance, I miss my downshift pops/crackles and the overall exhaust note.

As long as car doesn't go into limp, I can live with catless cel error.. Ideally some cat would be good for my conscience like 100, but I'll get few percent performance..

What companies are out there for Downpipes and/or full exhausts for xDrive40i? preferably one that works with Sport button or at the very least has a remote with Valve..

Links would be appreciated.

TIA!
Appreciate 0
      10-15-2021, 10:48 PM   #2
VasilisV
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW X5 G05 40i

Garage List
2020 BMW X5  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by XtremeMaC View Post
Hello
I've gone from 2020 Supra 3.0 to X6 xDrive40i. In hindsight, I should have gone with X4 M or X4 M40i, but here I am with X6 3L I6 2-port B58 engine that no tuner wants to touch and can't touch other than piggyback...

Anyhow, long story short, apart from missing the performance, I miss my downshift pops/crackles and the overall exhaust note.

As long as car doesn't go into limp, I can live with catless cel error.. Ideally some cat would be good for my conscience like 100, but I'll get few percent performance..

What companies are out there for Downpipes and/or full exhausts for xDrive40i? preferably one that works with Sport button or at the very least has a remote with Valve..

Links would be appreciated.

TIA!
You can check Fi or iPE for mufflers, for downpipe personally I went with active autowerke. It's not catless it's high flow, with that said no cel and you getting some noticeable performance gain. You also getting some pops but not as with a catless.
Appreciate 2
      07-13-2023, 06:16 PM   #3
Bavar-ian
Private First Class
Singapore
Rep
Drives: X5 G05

Im on 200cell downpipe and MP exhaust.
Very throaty.
Slight crackles from the smoother flow.
Appreciate 0
      07-14-2023, 10:19 AM   #4
slicky
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Cadilac ATS-V

In terms of catbacks, I think the BMW m-performance sounds the best. Its also one of the cheapest at $3k, from what I can tell.
Appreciate 0