BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

10-18-2021, 12:18 PM   #1
Protocol_10
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2024 BMW iX M60

22" P Zero tires

This thread may be irrelevant to some, but I hope I can post some useful info:

I purchased a 2021 X5 M50i with the 22" wheels. It automatically came with Pirelli P Zero summer tires (275/35 R22's in the front, 315/30 R22's in the back)

The stock summer tires are great, but do not handle cold weather very well. I decided to purchase & install the all-season version of these tires (same sizes), but these are "Bentley-spec" meaning they have a noise-canceling foam on the inside. They can be found on Tire Rack here:

https://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires...omCompare1=yes

My review so far: They feel just as grippy as the summer tires, but they handle small bumps/imperfections in the road better. It's also a noticeably quieter ride. I would absolutely recommend them to anyone who could use all-season tires on their X5/X6.
      10-18-2021, 02:17 PM   #2
Adblue
Private
Ireland
Rep
Drives: G05 X5 M50D

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtrock97 View Post
The stock summer tires are great, but do not handle cold weather very well.
What's your cold weather like where you live - this might give better context.
Appreciate 0
      10-18-2021, 02:41 PM   #3
Protocol_10
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2024 BMW iX M60

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adblue View Post
What's your cold weather like where you live - this might give better context.
I live in Virginia, so we tend to get all four seasons (rainy spring, hot summer, cool fall, icy winter)

In the wintertime, our lowest temps usually fall in the high teens.. we get blasted with snow every 2-3 years, otherwise it doesn't snow very often. Icy roads are common during the wintertime, though (December to March), so the extra traction helps a bit.

If I lived in SoCal, Florida, or Texas I would definitely keep the summer tires
      10-19-2021, 01:58 AM   #4
Adblue
Private
Ireland
Rep
Drives: G05 X5 M50D

Thanks, that tells me P Zero's should be fine where I live over the winter months
Appreciate 0
      10-22-2021, 08:15 AM   #5
Rasool429
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 X5M50I

Garage List
2021 BMW X5M   [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by jtrock97 View Post
This thread may be irrelevant to some, but I hope I can post some useful info:

I purchased a 2021 X5 M50i with the 22" wheels. It automatically came with Pirelli P Zero summer tires (275/35 R22's in the front, 315/30 R22's in the back)

The stock summer tires are great, but do not handle cold weather very well. I decided to purchase & install the all-season version of these tires (same sizes), but these are "Bentley-spec" meaning they have a noise-canceling foam on the inside. They can be found on Tire Rack here:

https://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires...omCompare1=yes

My review so far: They feel just as grippy as the summer tires, but they handle small bumps/imperfections in the road better. It's also a noticeably quieter ride. I would absolutely recommend them to anyone who could use all-season tires on their X5/X6.
What part of VA are you located? I am in the Hampton Roads area but commute to Richmond 3 days per week where they get more winter weather than HR.
Appreciate 0
      10-22-2021, 09:49 AM   #6
nZtiZia
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: eVeRyOnE mAD!

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rasool429 View Post
What part of VA are you located? I am in the Hampton Roads area but commute to Richmond 3 days per week where they get more winter weather than HR.
I'm also in the HR area and have used all-season tires for 10+ years with previous Audi Q7s and now my first bimmer X5 (45e). I've had to commute with ice and snow on the highways and side roads in addition to trips to Snowshoe, Wintergreen and Massanutten and never felt I needed a dedicated set of winter tires.
Appreciate 0
      10-22-2021, 10:09 AM   #7
Rasool429
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 X5M50I

Garage List
2021 BMW X5M   [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by nZtiZia View Post
I'm also in the HR area and have used all-season tires for 10+ years with previous Audi Q7s and now my first bimmer X5 (45e). I've had to commute with ice and snow on the highways and side roads in addition to trips to Snowshoe, Wintergreen and Massanutten and never felt I needed a dedicated winter set of tires.
Great. Thanks for the feedback.
Appreciate 0