BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

10-27-2021, 03:11 PM   #1
jad03060
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: X5 45e

Hatch Programming Options?

I've had a couple of incidents where the hatch ended up opened, I'm nearly certain because the fob button ended up getting pressed inadvertently. While annoying outside, this is much more of an issue inside, as I can't see the vehicle before I open it from outside, and as a result, the hinges have damaged the upper hatch when they've ground across them. The key case resolved that for the most part, but while I see you can inhibit the ability to close the hatch with the remote, and program it so the remote won't work if the vehicle is locked, that imposes some other convenience issues with comfort access, as that would mean either going to a door to unlock the vehicle, or using the fob to unlock it, somewhat defeating some of the functionality of comfort access.

So, what I'd like to do is to prevent the hatch from opening with the fob without having to have the vehicle locked.

Is that buried somewhere in the code? I didn't see it as an option, but then, I haven't perused everything.

With the shape of the hatch, if I were to set the upper limit such that the door wouldn't hit, it would be very difficult to actually access the rear, so that's not a good option, at least for me...I'm tall, but have a medical condition that doesn't allow me to bend all that far.
Appreciate 0
      10-27-2021, 04:03 PM   #2
denaliman
Major
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2021 BMW X6M Competition

Garage List
2013 X6M  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by jad03060 View Post
I've had a couple of incidents where the hatch ended up opened, I'm nearly certain because the fob button ended up getting pressed inadvertently. While annoying outside, this is much more of an issue inside, as I can't see the vehicle before I open it from outside, and as a result, the hinges have damaged the upper hatch when they've ground across them. The key case resolved that for the most part, but while I see you can inhibit the ability to close the hatch with the remote, and program it so the remote won't work if the vehicle is locked, that imposes some other convenience issues with comfort access, as that would mean either going to a door to unlock the vehicle, or using the fob to unlock it, somewhat defeating some of the functionality of comfort access.

So, what I'd like to do is to prevent the hatch from opening with the fob without having to have the vehicle locked.

Is that buried somewhere in the code? I didn't see it as an option, but then, I haven't perused everything.

With the shape of the hatch, if I were to set the upper limit such that the door wouldn't hit, it would be very difficult to actually access the rear, so that's not a good option, at least for me...I'm tall, but have a medical condition that doesn't allow me to bend all that far.

You can disable the remote key fob opening with bimmercode or at least require a long press.

Appreciate 0
      10-28-2021, 09:41 PM   #3
jad03060
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: X5 45e

It looks like maybe reprogramming a 5 or maybe 10-second delay press on the remote prior to actually opening the hatch may be the best available option...since I usually would be using the button on the driver's door, or the hatch itself, this won't be a major hassle, but will be a battery drain in the fob if really needed...but, worth the chance of repeating having the hatch opened when I then later try to open the garage door and damage things!
Appreciate 0
      11-10-2021, 12:14 PM   #4
Spencer518
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 X5 45e

I glued a couple of pool noodles to the inside of my garage door to create a cushion in the event of an accidental hatch release
Appreciate 0