03-24-2020, 11:25 PM   #133
kkratochvil
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 BMW, X6, M50i

Quote:
Originally Posted by kkratochvil View Post
They're definitely ahead in Spartanburg for some builds. I had a Week 15 build (We're currently in Week 13...) and I went from "Production Begins" to "Entering the Assembly Line" last night and and in "Quality Check" this morning. So, probably around 2 weeks ahead for mine...
Mine's now fully built, as I'm now sitting in Awaiting Carrier Assignment, so it will hopefully make it out before the shutdown.

A few other items of note I've learned in exchanging emails with the PCD Team in SC:
- They're shutting down the PCD experience (either already have or will be shortly) through the end of April (tentatively, as this will continue to be fluid). I was scheduled for 4/23, so they quickly changed my delivery to switch from the Performance Center to my dealer. If you had a PCD scheduled in this time period and are affected, you should have received communication already.
- The PCD folks have been AWESOME in terms of communication, given the situation.
- For those of us who are having our currently PCD experience cancelled, they'll issue a certificate/ticket to schedule the delivery experience between May and October, 2020. If you drive your vehicle back down/up, they'll "re-deliver it" to you and walk you through things just like when it was new. (I'm hoping for an overnight detail too. ) If you just fly down, they'll do a delivery in a "like" vehicle if you want. You'll get to do the plant tour, one night at the Marriott covered by them, dinner and all of the driving in a comparable vehicle. So, really, it's all the same experience, just the obvious change if you want to go through vehicle delivery. (You can also just skip the delivery piece, if you want.)
- Last item is that the rumor running through the corridors today was that the Spartanburg plant would shutdown after this weekend, rather than running through Week 14...as many of us have surmised, they're running out of parts in the supply chain and will have to shutdown.

So for me, I'll hopefully get my X6 3 weeks earlier (current shipping schedule is for it to be at my dealer's on 3/31) than I'd planned, and will make my PCD more of a vacation experience this Summer, when things settle down. Given the overall craziness, that actually feels pretty good and seems like BMW/PCD is doing a LOT to accommodate the situation.
Appreciate 0
      03-25-2020, 03:46 AM   #134
Pateeke81
Second Lieutenant
Belgium
Rep
Drives: Current: 2019 BWM X5 45e

Small update from dealer, still cannot see status of the car or build week and probably won't be able to before half April.
Appreciate 0
      03-25-2020, 04:00 AM   #135
Heavyd
Major
Rep
Drives: 2024 X5 50e

You had a production week in the closing period of Spartanburg? Maybe my car in week 14 will be produced because the dealer got a confirmation. Don't know what a confirmation is worth right now, everything changes by the hour and this was last Saturday.
Appreciate 0
      03-25-2020, 04:08 AM   #136
Pateeke81
Second Lieutenant
Belgium
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heavyd View Post
You had a production week in the closing period of Spartanburg? Maybe my car in week 14 will be produced because the dealer got a confirmation. Don't know what a confirmation is worth right now, everything changes by the hour and this was last Saturday.
Last update I had was W16, that was last week. Today no build week at all.
Appreciate 0
      03-25-2020, 04:53 AM   #137
James_G0540i
Captain
Australia
Rep
Drives: 2021 X5 G05 40i M Sport

Guys, I wouldn't bother trying to track it - nothing is going to get produced for months.

Germany is in lockdown, and the critical drive-train components like engines and transmissions for the X5 come from Germany.

Can see anything starting up again for 3-4 months.
Appreciate 0
      03-25-2020, 05:38 AM   #138
Heavyd
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by James_G0530d View Post
Guys, I wouldn't bother trying to track it - nothing is going to get produced for months.

Germany is in lockdown, and the critical drive-train components like engines and transmissions for the X5 come from Germany.

Can see anything starting up again for 3-4 months.
Well in that case the MY2020 is done and when production starts again they can begin with MY2021.
Who needs a car anyway, I'm in lockdown and working from home
And for the time being I still have a job but if this takes long who knows.

In this respect I understand what Trumps says. The cure may not be worse. I don't know if he's right, but if this keeps going on this will be an economical bloodbath. The great depression will be nothing against it.
Appreciate 0
      03-25-2020, 05:48 AM   #139
James_G0540i
Captain
Australia
Rep
Drives: 2021 X5 G05 40i M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heavyd View Post
Well in that case the MY2020 is done and when production starts again they can begin with MY2021.
Who needs a car anyway, I'm in lockdown and working from home
And for the time being I still have a job but if this takes long who knows.
Exactly. Mine is sitting in the garage and getting a short trip for Groceries a few times a week, its frustrating, there's not much point having a luxury car like this during these times.

Health, safety and everyone's well being should take priority during these times, and I hope we get out of this mess sooner rather than later.
Appreciate 0
      03-25-2020, 08:57 AM   #140
GSG5
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2020 X5MC (MBB/SS)

Quote:
Originally Posted by James_G0530d View Post
Exactly. Mine is sitting in the garage and getting a short trip for Groceries a few times a week, its frustrating, there's not much point having a luxury car like this during these times.

Health, safety and everyone's well being should take priority during these times, and I hope we get out of this mess sooner rather than later.
Yea, I’ve started thinking that any further MY2020 production may just be scrapped at this point. In a way, I kind of hope so. At this point, I don’t want a 2020 delivered in August when dealers will likely be receiving MY2021 vehicles. Plus, its possible that the next MY has more options available.
Appreciate 0
      03-25-2020, 09:34 AM   #141
Alan l.
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2020 F95 X5M Competition

My dealer took a screen shot for me but not sure what to make of it.

Req. Prod: 2020/05/20
Sub. Req. Prod: 2020/04/15
Conf. Prod: 2020/04/18

If I'm interpreting this right that means my car won't start production until 5/20 which means it could be at least June before I see it.
      03-25-2020, 09:53 AM   #142
Pateeke81
Second Lieutenant
Belgium
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan l. View Post
My dealer took a screen shot for me but not sure what to make of it.

Req. Prod: 2020/05/20
Sub. Req. Prod: 2020/04/15
Conf. Prod: 2020/04/18

If I'm interpreting this right that means my car won't start production until 5/20 which means it could be at least June before I see it.
If this means week 20 then even june will be difficult...
Was it rescheduled or has it always been on this schedule?
Appreciate 0
      03-25-2020, 11:19 AM   #143
Alan l.
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2020 F95 X5M Competition

It was rescheduled. Originally the build date was 4/15 but then after the factory announced it was closing it went back to status "Order received" for a few days and now its back to "Scheduled for production" but with those dates.
      03-25-2020, 02:41 PM   #144
Pateeke81
Second Lieutenant
Belgium
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan l. View Post
It was rescheduled. Originally the build date was 4/15 but then after the factory announced it was closing it went back to status "Order received" for a few days and now its back to "Scheduled for production" but with those dates.
I think you were rescheduled from W15 to W18 which is not too bad given the current situation, just hope the factory closure remains at 2 weeks only.
Appreciate 0
      03-25-2020, 02:49 PM   #145
AlexM
First Lieutenant
No_Country
Rep
Drives: G06 X6 M50d

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pateeke81 View Post
I think you were rescheduled from W15 to W18 which is not too bad given the current situation, just hope the factory closure remains at 2 weeks only.
For once i hope that Trump really does what he says Thumbs up for Easter reboot. And Germany will wake up on time as there are already statements that the industry can't be on hold for much longer, otherwise we're all headed for Armageddon

X6 M50d Tanzanite Blue
F36 440i GC/retired; F30 328i/retired; E92 335i/retired
Appreciate 0
      03-25-2020, 03:01 PM   #146
GSG5
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2020 X5MC (MBB/SS)

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexM View Post
For once i hope that Trump really does what he says Thumbs up for Easter reboot. And Germany will wake up on time as there are already statements that the industry can't be on hold for much longer, otherwise we're all headed for Armageddon
Some must think the industry will be fine as they’ve seen some healthy stock recovery in the last few days. I believe all big autos (including BMW) have rebounded over 20% since Friday. Obviously still a long way to go though...
Appreciate 0
      03-26-2020, 11:48 AM   #147
Unit
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2020 X5 M50i

Quote:
Originally Posted by BryanC84 View Post
Yep. HJ in Warrington.. same place as my last 4 cars
Excellent - I get all of mine from HJ Chester. Had back to back Ms since 2010 from them and now finally switching into an SUV (although a little worried if I should given the current crisis....depends on what they do with my M4 p/x value)
Appreciate 0
      03-26-2020, 01:54 PM   #148
Skilly
Private
Rep
Drives: 2020 BMW X5 M Sport

there is another thread on this that surfaced with the following:

Spart shut down schedule for 3/27 (originally 4/3)
reopen scheduled for 4/13
Germany plant (supplier) closed till 4/19

Some questions around start up being 4/13 or 4/19 based on parts availability.
Appreciate 0
      03-26-2020, 02:33 PM   #149
Marty in NY
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 21 X5 40i, 18 GTi, Snowblower

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skilly View Post
there is another thread on this that surfaced with the following:

Spart shut down schedule for 3/27 (originally 4/3)
reopen scheduled for 4/13
Germany plant (supplier) closed till 4/19

Some questions around start up being 4/13 or 4/19 based on parts availability.
The actions surrounding this virus are ever changing, don't get your hopes up on whatever dates you hear/see at this point, they too may change. A few days ago, China was on the decrease, now they are reporting new cases. South Carolina, along with a few other southern states, has increased their Confirmed Cases count in recent days and Germany is also on the rise. Trumps 'Easter" hopefulness is just PR. Easter is just a couple weeks + away.

Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      03-26-2020, 05:31 PM   #150
Skilly
Private
Rep
Drives: 2020 BMW X5 M Sport

while these numbers are accurate around mortality they aren't even scratching the surface for those infected. I agree about the unknown factor but not for the same reasons the data is leading you to conclude. And FWIW, Im not sure what we can trust in terms of reporting coming out of China, but they aren't showing a spike in their current data by any means.

It's also interesting to note that the country that shows the best control and/or management of the outbreak is Germany.

Be safe everyone!
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      03-27-2020, 03:00 AM   #151
awosy
Private First Class
Belgium
Rep
Drives: BMW X5 50e

I got an email from my dealer about the closure of the plant in Spartanburg. They state they will be unable to produce the car and deliver it on the contractual terms. They also state the car has to be rescheduled for production completely. Don't know what this means, because I would assume you close the plant with the planning you have and you reopen to continue that same planning. Now they seem to talk about rescheduling production dates all over. Guess I can prepare myself, I will not see my new car before summer ends :-)
Appreciate 0
      03-27-2020, 03:18 AM   #152
Pateeke81
Second Lieutenant
Belgium
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by awosy View Post
I got an email from my dealer about the closure of the plant in Spartanburg. They state they will be unable to produce the car and deliver it on the contractual terms. They also state the car has to be rescheduled for production completely. Don't know what this means, because I would assume you close the plant with the planning you have and you reopen to continue that same planning. Now they seem to talk about rescheduling production dates all over. Guess I can prepare myself, I will not see my new car before summer ends :-)
Got the same email.
I think they will need to reschedule some cars due to parts shortage maybe, most of the cars will just see their production week shift for about 2 weeks I presume.
Appreciate 0
      03-27-2020, 07:31 AM   #153
AlexM
First Lieutenant
No_Country
Rep
Drives: G06 X6 M50d

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marty in NY View Post
The actions surrounding this virus are ever changing, don't get your hopes up on whatever dates you hear/see at this point, they too may change. A few days ago, China was on the decrease, now they are reporting new cases. South Carolina, along with a few other southern states, has increased their Confirmed Cases count in recent days and Germany is also on the rise. Trumps 'Easter" hopefulness is just PR. Easter is just a couple weeks + away.
China is getting new infected ppl from abroad and they got straight to quarantine.
Germany, they test people extensively so they can react on time.

Chinese are already starting their car production, which is a good thing. Lets see when Europe will follow.

X6 M50d Tanzanite Blue
F36 440i GC/retired; F30 328i/retired; E92 335i/retired
Appreciate 0
      03-27-2020, 10:06 AM   #154
Heavyd
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pateeke81 View Post
Got the same email.
I think they will need to reschedule some cars due to parts shortage maybe, most of the cars will just see their production week shift for about 2 weeks I presume.
Well the delay is not a bad thing now. I have to cut in my working days and payment terms are increased from 30 to 60 days. So I generate less income. Many companies are in serious problems. Hopefully we can get through this and in 2-3 months the worst is behind us.
Appreciate 0