BMW X5
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

07-31-2015, 04:34 PM   #1
e90_Nick
Private
Rep
Drives: 2007 328i

Car Worse After Dealer Service

Hello all, long story short I had my fuel tank, injectors, and hoses replaced. It took three weeks and I expected to get my car back in good shape.

As soon as I got in my car and drove 5 feet it had tons of exhaust drone and sounded significantly louder. I thought maybe its just because I came from a 4cyl loaner...nope.
The car sounds like they cut off the resonator and straight piped it.

I have a video that shows the ticking sound it now makes but it really doesn't show the drone and vibration when I accelerate. ///

https://youtu.be/wvSd0NOvfnk

On top of this I was told the car was clean before I came to pick it up. The car wasn't clean it was hammered dirty. I had to use the windshield wipers to pull out of the service department.
Maybe I'm just upset but I paid a lot of money for repairs and I'm treated poorly and I feel like I'm being pushed around. Oh and gas light was on too.

Okay I'm done let me know what you guys think

Last edited by e90_Nick; 07-31-2015 at 04:59 PM..
Appreciate 0
      07-31-2015, 04:47 PM   #2
Pig Farmer
Major
Rep
Drives: E92M

I had several similar experiences when taking my car to the dealer during the warranty period, except they always washed it (as though that makes a difference to shitty workmanship). I would definitely express your concerns to the service manager. I suspect they had to remove your exhaust to get at the fuel tank and they forgot to replace the gaskets and you now have an exhaust leak.
Appreciate 0
      07-31-2015, 04:58 PM   #3
e90_Nick
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pig Farmer View Post
I had several similar experiences when taking my car to the dealer during the warranty period, except they always washed it (as though that makes a difference to shitty workmanship). I would definitely express your concerns to the service manager. I suspect they had to remove your exhaust to get at the fuel tank and they forgot to replace the gaskets and you now have an exhaust leak.
I called my SA and I'm going to bring it in Monday morning. Hopefully they fix it.
Appreciate 0
      08-15-2015, 03:48 AM   #4
e90_Nick
Private
Rep

Brought the car back in and I was told the problem was fixed. I was driving back home tonight and now the exhaust drone is back, awesome job Bmw el Cajon!

I've taken videos once more and will be taking the car back .....again. It just angers me soo much.
Appreciate 0
      08-17-2015, 03:37 PM   #5
Bobble
Major
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Whatever POS the wife leaves

Used to be a decent place when it was Cunningham but have not lived in SD for awhile. Sorry to hear this.
Appreciate 0
      08-17-2015, 04:45 PM   #6
Mr Tonka
is probably out riding.
United_States
Rep
Drives: Something Italian

Quote:
Originally Posted by e90_Nick View Post
Brought the car back in and I was told the problem was fixed. I was driving back home tonight and now the exhaust drone is back, awesome job Bmw el Cajon!

I've taken videos once more and will be taking the car back .....again. It just angers me soo much.
No doubt, that stinks. Maybe they forgot to put on a heat shield? If i recall, those typically have insulation on the back of them as well.
      08-17-2015, 05:32 PM   #7
e90_Nick
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Tonka View Post
No doubt, that stinks. Maybe they forgot to put on a heat shield? If i recall, those typically have insulation on the back of them as well.
I'm not sure but it's coming from right under the drivers seat. Definitely a exhaust leak.
Appreciate 0
      08-21-2015, 03:42 PM   #8
e90_Nick
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Tonka View Post
Turns out it was an exhaust shield touching the exhaust. They said they corrected it but who knows. Still haven't compensated me for gas or anything.
Appreciate 0