09-14-2019, 08:43 AM   #1
ikheetleon
Lieutenant
Netherlands
Rep
Drives: BMW X5 45e 2020

New build X5 45e

Hey Guys,

Have been reading a lot in the G05 forums lately, usually I was reading the F15 forums (I have an F15 M50d). Especially the threat about extended and full leather was very usefull! I'm building my next car. Have been in doubt about the 45e vs M50i a lot. I love the M50i engine but the tax on such a car in my country is really killing the deal. (50k euro additionally). That is such an amount for just 2 extra cilinders, I've decided to build my car based on the 45e engine. I have a lot of short trips (within 15 km, and without highway) which should all be feasible on full electric mode. I've written out all the options since that is different per country/region.

BMW X5 45e Msport Mineral weiss

377 - M-sport pack
- 1TC 20" styling 740M with winter tyres
- 2NH M-sport braking system
- 2TB Aut sport transmission with flippers
- 3MC Shadowline roofrails
- 456/488 Comfort seats
- 4M5 Leather dashboard
- 710 M-sport steering wheel
- 715 M Aerodynamic package
- 760 Shadow line
- 775 Black roof

VASW - Merino extended leather black
2VH - Active steering
3AC - Electric hidden towing hook
3DZ - No line badges
3KA - Acoustic windows
319 - Universal garagedoor opener
323 - Softclose system
402 - Panorama roof
417 - Sunshades rear seats
418 - Storage package
420 - Tinted windows rear
44A - Cooled/heated cupholders front
4FL - Travel/comfort system
4KR - Trim: Fineline Stripe braun
4NB - 4 Zone airco
610 - Headup display
7M9 - Shadowline extended
ZM6 - Audio/media pack
- 654 DAB Tuner
- 688 HK Surround sound
- 6NW Comfort telephony
- 6WD Wifi hotsport
ZS5 - Safety pack
- 5AL Active protection
- 5AU Driving assistant Professional
ZT5 - BMW Personal CoPilot Pack
- 322 Comfort access
- 5DN Parking Assistant Plus
ZH6 - High Executive pack
- 494 Electric heated seats
- 552 Adaptive LED headlights
- 5AC High beam assistant
4T7 - Massage function
4HA/4HB - Heating pack (front/rear seats, steering wheel, etc)

Separate order: 1PA 22" Styling 742M rims with summer tyres because of 3AC (electric hitch) 22" is not allowed (to much pressue on the tires with full weight trailer behind it). But I use my hitch only for a bike rack. In case of a big load, I'll change to 20" rims.

Options I'm in doubt about:

4FL vs 6FH. (Travel & Comfort vs Rear Seat Entertainment) I know that 4FL will save some money when buying some ipads. But the 6FH system is fixed in the car which is more convenient. I don't have to worry about theft of forgetting them. I have the RSE in my current F15 as well, and it's fine, kids are loving it. But they are still young, so they probably want more as they grow older. The ipads are more flexible in that case. Hook them up to the hotspot and watch whatever is online. But kids are in booster/child seats for some years, so if they drop it, someone has to pick it up.

6U8 - Gesture control: I'm not sure I need this or will use it. It feels a bit like a gadget you want to show your family/collegues, not something you use on a regular base.
6C4 - Connected package pro II: What is it, what does it do?
6DR - BMW Drive recorder: Is this a software or hardware feature? In other words, can I activate it myself (esys)?
I've also been in doubt about Tansanitblau II and Mineral Weiss. The blue seems so dark.
5AZ - I've thought about lasers, but it's only high beam. I hardly ever use it. So it's just optics. It looks nice, but it also feels a bit like, look at me with my star wars lasers thing...

Looking forward to your remarks/comments!
Attached Images

Last edited by ikheetleon; 09-14-2019 at 12:14 PM..
Appreciate 0
      09-14-2019, 10:34 AM   #2
dan321
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 X5 40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by ikheetleon View Post
6DR - BMW Drive recorder: Is this a software or hardware feature? In other words, can I activate it myself (esys)?

6U8 - Gesture control: I'm not sure I need this or will use it. It feels a bit like a gadget you want to show your family/collegues, not something you use on a regular base

5AZ - I've thought about lasers, but it's only high beam. I hardly ever use it. So it's just optics. It looks nice, but it also feels a bit like, look at me with my star wars lasers thing...

Looking forward to your remarks/comments!
Drive-recorder is kind of neat. You can make a video with just the touch of a button. It also records any accident that happens although you can disable that.

It uses the surround cameras so you need to have the 3D view hardware for this to work. Don't know if you can simply code it. It appears as a connected drive application so there may be more than just a simple enabling for it to work.

Gesture control certain is a good thing to show off to friends and acquaintances. For me the jury is out on real utility; I'm trying to get used to using it.

Lazer isn't just high-beam, it is a longer range hight-beam the plain LED headlights, which a plus. Also, depending on the country you are in it may include matrix lighting which is probably a double plus.
Appreciate 1
volodp193.50
      09-14-2019, 12:11 PM   #3
ikheetleon
Lieutenant
Netherlands
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by dan321 View Post
Drive-recorder is kind of neat. You can make a video with just the touch of a button. It also records any accident that happens although you can disable that.

It uses the surround cameras so you need to have the 3D view hardware for this to work. Don't know if you can simply code it. It appears as a connected drive application so there may be more than just a simple enabling for it to work.

Gesture control certain is a good thing to show off to friends and acquaintances. For me the jury is out on real utility; I'm trying to get used to using it.

Lazer isn't just high-beam, it is a longer range hight-beam the plain LED headlights, which a plus. Also, depending on the country you are in it may include matrix lighting which is probably a double plus.
So do you need a subscription for the Drive recorder? I have the 3D (remote) view which is part of the parking assistant plus (5DN).

Yes, but for increasing sound, moving my thumb a little is much less effort than making circels above the transmission lever right?

According to the brochure, the Lasers only work when high beam is on. All streets/roads in my country have street lighting, I only use my high beams to alert someone when he/she is driving without lights or so. Doesn't seem wise to laser their eyes just before we cross eachother? Maybe it's indeed country specific, but in case it's only high beam as the brochure says, seems like a waste of money for just two blue X signs in the headlight unit.
Appreciate 0
      09-14-2019, 01:59 PM   #4
Heavyd
Major
Rep
Drives: 2024 X5 50e

I have almost the same build in Arctic Grey

I had a test drive with a 745e with gesture controle and I liked it a lot. I found it very functional and not a gadget. I missed it instantly when returning to my F16

Initially I also wanted the Drive recorder. But my BMW dealer did not advise it because it's very basic and there are superior products out there like Blackvue. The drive recorder does not have a parking mode. I found that very essential. So I will let my dealer probably install a Blackvue instead of taking the drive recorder.
Appreciate 0
      09-14-2019, 02:12 PM   #5
ikheetleon
Lieutenant
Netherlands
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heavyd View Post
I have almost the same build in Arctic Grey

I had a test drive with a 745e with gesture controle and I liked it a lot. I found it very functional and not a gadget. I missed it instantly when returning to my F16

Initially I also wanted the Drive recorder. But my BMW dealer did not advise it because it's very basic and there are superior products out there like Blackvue. The drive recorder does not have a parking mode. I found that very essential. So I will let my dealer probably install a Blackvue instead of taking the drive recorder.
What functions are you using with gesture control? I checked the documentation and found it pretty limited. Only volume control would be something I use often. Or have new functions been added with updates maybe?

I have a 2ch dashcam in my current F15 which is working great, I will place it in the new G05, so there are no additional features in the drive recorder besides some basic dashcam stuff, I can definatelly live without.

Is the artic gray much darker than the F15 grey? I loved the F15 dark grey in combination with black shadowline elements. On the website is almost seems black.
Appreciate 0
      09-14-2019, 02:24 PM   #6
Heavyd
Major
Rep

I used the basic functions, volume, switching between tracks, ... It was easier than the controls on the steering wheel. There will probably be some more functions but did not have time to explore them all

I was hoping the drive recorder was more advanced and that it could replace a Blackvue but that's not the case.

I choose Arctic grey because black drove me nuts I hope Arctic grey will be more peace of mind
Appreciate 0
      09-14-2019, 02:59 PM   #7
ikheetleon
Lieutenant
Netherlands
Rep

Quote:
I choose Arctic grey because black drove me nuts I hope Arctic grey will be more peace of mind
Lol! I have black now, my car is at the polisher every 3 weeks! I hope that will be less with white. Somehow, on black you see everyting. Previous cars were silver, never had that much work on those.
Since you're from Belgium (hi neighbour), you must have the lasers and not the 22" I guess? I hear some collegue's always complain about the lighting and bad road conditions.
Appreciate 0
      09-14-2019, 03:39 PM   #8
Heavyd
Major
Rep

I have the lasers and 22" 742M black wheels and the 20" 748M black for winter.

All streets have lights here in Flanders, highways also but they put the lights out at night on highways to save money. Years ago they were all night on, now only with bad weather.

The condition of the roads is something else
We can literally feel it when we cross the border from Holland or Germany into Belgium. The roads are crap and of inferior quality in Belgium. Too bad because cars are the cash cow of the Belgian government but it doesn't reflect in the quality of our infrastructure.
It's just a dream when I must go to Germany and can use the Autobahn without limits
Appreciate 0
      09-14-2019, 05:13 PM   #9
kebiN
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW X5 45e

Great build!!

T&C is flexible and your kids will want their own ipads and not be limited to car system

Gesture control for me is useless as you have to be very accurate with your fingers and its easier to just touch the button.

What is co-pilot? I dont see that option in my country, just the driver assistance pro..
Appreciate 0
      09-15-2019, 06:31 AM   #10
Tmt
Private
Belgium
Rep
Drives: BMW X3 F25, BMW 1 F21

Quote:
The condition of the roads is something else
We can literally feel it when we cross the border from Holland or Germany into Belgium. The roads are crap and of inferior quality in Belgium. Too bad because cars are the cash cow of the Belgian government but it doesn't reflect in the quality of our infrastructure.
It's just a dream when I must go to Germany and can use the Autobahn without limits
I always thought the same, but having been on holiday in east Canada, there are some pretty bad roads over there
And we drove a Chevy Tahoe!
Appreciate 0
      09-16-2019, 02:07 AM   #11
ikheetleon
Lieutenant
Netherlands
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by kebiN View Post
What is co-pilot? I dont see that option in my country, just the driver assistance pro..
The Coplilot pack is a collection of options:
- 5AU Driving Assistant Professional
- 322 Comfort Access

But it requires High Executive and Safety Pack. Choosing the CoPilot pack instead of the options separate saves about 1k euro.
Appreciate 0
      09-16-2019, 08:09 AM   #12
kebiN
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW X5 45e

Quote:
Originally Posted by kebiN View Post
The Coplilot pack is a collection of options:
- 5AU Driving Assistant Professional
- 322 Comfort Access

But it requires High Executive and Safety Pack. Choosing the CoPilot pack instead of the options separate saves about 1k euro.

Ok, thank you. We dont have packs for the x5 in portugal. We have to order everything individualy.
Appreciate 0
      09-19-2019, 12:47 PM   #13
Heavyd
Major
Rep

What do you guys think of the M-sport badge on the side skirts of the 45e. Will you keep it or choose the option to remove it? On the left side the M-sport badge is on the charging lid. I find that a bit awkward and it puts attention on the charging lid. I'm in doubt, keep the M-sport badge or choose the option to remove it.
Appreciate 0
      09-19-2019, 07:36 PM   #14
15x5
Enlisted Member
No_Country
Rep
Drives: X5 45e G05 Z4 35ise89 116i F20

Garage List
Quote:
What do you guys think of the M-sport badge on the side skirts of the 45e. Will you keep it or choose the option to remove it? On the left side the M-sport badge is on the charging lid. I find that a bit awkward and it puts attention on the charging lid. I'm in doubt, keep the M-sport badge or choose the option to remove it.
I have choosen the option to remove the badges. For the reason you mentioned.
Appreciate 0
      11-27-2019, 09:11 AM   #15
Herr
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: BMW X5 45e X-line

ikheetleon

What is option 418 - Storage package on the BMW X5 45e, what does it include?

It excludes everything written in the 418 option description for the 45e

Option 418
Luggage compartment package. When the luggage compartment lid is opened, the electric luggage compartment cover slides backwards and disappears under the floor with the push of a button, the integrated guide and anti-slip rails keep the luggage securely in place when traveling. Note: Electrical functions and non-slip rails do not apply to the X5 xDrive45e. (418 not possible in connection with 4UB - Third row of seats).

40i,50i,30d,50d €695
45e €86
      11-27-2019, 09:18 AM   #16
dan321
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Herr View Post
ikheetleon

Option 418
Luggage compartment package. When the luggage compartment lid is opened, the electric luggage compartment cover slides backwards and disappears under the floor with the push of a button,
Just to be clear the cover does not retract into the floor when the hatch is opened, it just retracts to behind the top of the 2nd-row seat. It also retracts the anti-slip rubber inserts on the floor to make it easy to slide cargo around. When the hatch is closed the cover extends to hide everything and the anti-slip inserts raise up just enough to prevent cargo from sliding around.

If you really want to get the cover completely out of the way you can make it retract into the floor but first, you have to make sure that there is no cargo covering the hatch on the floor.

It's one of the best options I've had in a car.
Appreciate 0
      11-27-2019, 09:19 AM   #17
dan321
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Herr View Post
ikheetleon

Option 418
Luggage compartment package. When the luggage compartment lid is opened, the electric luggage compartment cover slides backwards and disappears under the floor with the push of a button,
Just to be clear the cover does not retract into the floor when the hatch is opened, it just retracts to behind the top of the 2nd-row seat. It also retracts the anti-slip rubber inserts on the floor to make it easy to slide cargo around. When the hatch is closed the cover extends to hide everything and the anti-slip inserts raise up just enough to prevent cargo from sliding around.

If you really want to get the cover completely out of the way you can make it retract into the floor but first, you have to make sure that there is no cargo covering the hatch on the floor.

Appreciate 0
      11-27-2019, 09:36 AM   #18
bhe
Private First Class
Belgium
Rep
Drives: X5 G05 45e

Was it possible to order the car with WInter tires ? Sales men said to me it wasn't possible and also they won't install the 22" if I bought them on a seperate order.

I want black wheels , so the 20 inch with summer tires will be sold when I have it and install my aftermarket 22". Also will buy some aftermarket 20" black wheels with winter tires
Appreciate 0
      11-27-2019, 10:10 AM   #19
Herr
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: BMW X5 45e X-line

Quote:
Originally Posted by dan321 View Post

On the 45e you don’t get this electric and anti-slip option. See note in option 418
What do you get for €86 on the 45e

Option 418
Luggage compartment package. When the luggage compartment lid is opened, the electric luggage compartment cover slides backwards and disappears under the floor with the push of a button, the integrated guide and anti-slip rails keep the luggage securely in place when traveling. Note: Electrical functions and non-slip rails do not apply to the X5 xDrive45e. (418 not possible in connection with 4UB - Third row of seats).
      11-27-2019, 11:19 AM   #20
ikheetleon
Lieutenant
Netherlands
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhe View Post
Was it possible to order the car with WInter tires ? Sales men said to me it wasn't possible and also they won't install the 22" if I bought them on a seperate order.

I want black wheels , so the 20 inch with summer tires will be sold when I have it and install my aftermarket 22". Also will buy some aftermarket 20" black wheels with winter tires
My dealer will swap the summer tires for winter ones. And they will install the 22”. I just had to sign off on the warranty with the 22” and using the towing hook. That’s fine I only use it with a bike rack twice a year. But I had to order the 22” separate to a hefty price.
Appreciate 0
      11-27-2019, 11:35 PM   #21
apocalypsbe
First Lieutenant
Belgium
Rep
Drives: X5 G05 45e

with 22” make sure you drive around every pothole you encounter on bad Belgian roads because otherwise you will be getting lots of new tires. I opted for 21” instead, happy with my choice. 20” for winter.

I have lasers and high beam and it’s very nice if you have long dark stretches that you drive very early or very late where there isn’t a lot of traffic.

The hey here I am is unavoidable with this car, they will also notice your X5 without those lasers, trust me

I use jesture control for next/prev song and song volume mostly, sometimes also to waive of alternative routes of GPS. I haven’t checked all use cases, should really look into it.

I opted for travel & comfort pack. I don’t want my kids to always have access to screens so no build in solution so I can avoid turning them into zombie mode. Nothing wrong with just talking to one another. They can have iPad with them if we would drive to south of france or something which takes good amount of hours.

I didn’t opt for luggage compartment package because it looked like (maybe I’m completely wrong here) you loose a bit of space with that automated lid on X5 45e trunk space. I have a dog cage that fits the trunk but then the lid needs to taken off the car. Electric functions do not apply to X5 45e I read above, what does that mean? Can anyone tell what comes with the package in the end?

White should indeed take some more time before it looks dirty but once it does it also looks very dirty. Better than black though.
Appreciate 0
      11-28-2019, 12:33 AM   #22
ikheetleon
Lieutenant
Netherlands
Rep

I don’t live in Belgium so I should be fine with 22”. I’ve ordered the car a couple of weeks ago. I’ve added the lasers and choose Tansanite blue as color.
Appreciate 0