08-20-2015, 09:57 PM   #67
RedlinePSI
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: Something else

Quote:
Originally Posted by German1967 View Post
I got a 2008 MacBook, the first unibody sold, and 7 years and 7 iOS upgrades later it still works like a charm. Show me any windows machine that can do that ...
But haters will hate... No matter what...
The very first PC I built; I ran it for close to 10 years. No issues. No hardware failures, only upgrades. I only retired it when the motherboard tech was just too outdated to keep up.
Appreciate 0
      08-20-2015, 10:54 PM   #68
Xtabi
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedlinePSI
Quote:
I got a 2008 MacBook, the first unibody sold, and 7 years and 7 iOS upgrades later it still works like a charm. Show me any windows machine that can do that ...
The very first PC I built; I ran it for close to 10 years. No issues. No hardware failures, only upgrades. I only retired it when the motherboard tech was just too outdated to keep up.
I have a Sony Vaio from my freshman year at college hey still works just fine. 1996!
      08-21-2015, 11:38 AM   #69
davis449
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 Audi SQ5

Quote:
Dell Latitude E6400 bought in 2008: Windows Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 8.1, and, soon, Windows 10. Things that changed: HDD upgraded to hybrid drive last year for faster performance (OEM one was still going fine).
But ignorant Mac fanbois will be ignorant Mac fanbois...No matter what...
Appreciate 0
      08-21-2015, 12:51 PM   #70
sonic1
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW

UPDATE: The laptop is doing great and portability wise has exceeded my expectations. In my opinion, the below argument grossly oversimplifies the work and ingenuity of a leading tech company known for it's R&D. In car parlance, this way of drawing relationships between manufacturers is equivalent to Detroit "fanbois" dismissing those who prefer European brands on grounds of performance. No sense in arguing with such folks, they'll always believe they are correct.

My experience with the 12" Macbook w/ Retina? Somewhere between the execution of awesome user flow and hardware, this my friend is a keeper for many years to come

Quote:
Originally Posted by davis449 View Post
And THAT right there is where we get to the real reason you bought a Mac...looks. What a waste of $500. Your last sentence is B.S. I've worked with business Lenovo's (ThinkPads) for YEARS and the their build quality\durability is superior to Mac. My T430s could take a beating no MBP could take. I call your Mac fanboi bullshit. And as for the air, bitch please, I have a X1 Carbon for my "wow look at how thin and fast it is" notebook. Cost less than a MBA and performs just as well or better. Runs Windows 8.1 and I've NEVER had a harware or OS issue with it for just doing with it what most Mac owners, in general, do with their Macs...play on the Internet.
Appreciate 0
      08-21-2015, 01:57 PM   #71
davis449
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 Audi SQ5

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonic1 View Post
In my opinion, the below argument grossly oversimplifies the work and ingenuity of a leading tech company known for it's R&D.
I spit my drink out when I read this...that's how hard I laughed.

Good luck with your over priced piece of "R&D" and "ingenuity", OP.
Appreciate 0