BMW X5
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

08-21-2015, 06:50 AM   #23
tony20009
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 335i - Coupe

Why is that guy even in the news? He's a suspected felon and that's that.

Until they found out he is a pedophile, who had ever heard of him by name? Why give the guy 15 minutes of fame for his crimes? He's one felon among many and one person among 300M+ people in a nation. Why do I, we, even need to know he, by name, exists? Why do we even need to, outside of the immediate community in which the molestation(s) occurred, need to know about any of those creeps? Consign the guy to obscurity and forget about him.

On any given day there are about 234K child molesters in prison (http://www.yellodyno.com/pdf/LifeTip...ster_Stats.pdf). That's out of a population of 318M people. That amounts to 0.0736% of the population! That news organizations even bother to tell us about any single one of them is nothing more than sensationalism and fear mongering.

Tell me. What else that happens 0.0736% of the time is something that you feel major news stations should feel compelled to inform you of? To say nothing of whether it's something to worry about.

All the best.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
'07, e92 335i, Sparkling Graphite, Coral Leather, Aluminum, 6-speed
Appreciate 0
      08-21-2015, 08:47 AM   #24
fecurtis
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 BMW 335i M-Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony20009 View Post

Until they found out he is a pedophile, who had ever heard of him by name? Why give the guy 15 minutes of fame for his crimes? He's one felon among many and one person among 300M+ people in a nation. Why do I, we, even need to know he, by name, exists? Why do we even need to, outside of the immediate community in which the molestation(s) occurred, need to know about any of those creeps? Consign the guy to obscurity and forget about him.

On any given day there are about 234K child molesters in prison (http://www.yellodyno.com/pdf/LifeTip...ster_Stats.pdf). That's out of a population of 318M people. That amounts to 0.0736% of the population! That news organizations even bother to tell us about any single one of them is nothing more than sensationalism and fear mongering.

Tell me. What else that happens 0.0736% of the time is something that you feel major news stations should feel compelled to inform you of? To say nothing of whether it's something to worry about.

All the best.
Because people like it when someone who's well known (he did those Subway commercials for years as some weird poster boy who allegedly lost a lot of weight partially because he ate Subway) turns out being a sick perv who has their life ruined.

People like a rags to riches back to rags story.
Appreciate 0
      08-21-2015, 09:11 AM   #25
Templar
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 E92 M3

Garage List
2011 BMW M3  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by tony20009 View Post

All the best.
Apparently you lived under a rock for the last decade. You seriously didn't know who he was until just now?

I agree that we don't need to know or care about this guy, but come on...
      08-21-2015, 09:46 AM   #26
Haywood
I know a thing or 2 about a thing or 2...
Rep
Drives: E36 M3 Coupe, e39 M5, i3s

Garage List
2003 BMW e39 M5  [0.00]
1997 BMW e36 M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Delta0311 View Post
I'd bang Milana Vayntrub, the chick from the AT&T commercials.. Maybe they can get her ass for running a drug cartel.. Who knows, sky's the limit...
Have you seen her on Frappening yet?
2013 Mineral White e92 M3 (sold )
2014 Carbon Black 650i M-sport (sold)
Appreciate 0