BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

01-07-2024, 04:42 PM   #1
spoodle
Private
Rep
Drives: 24 X5 M60i

Garage List
Gremlins

24 X5 M60i - any experience with these 2 gremlins?

1. Speed limit assistant will not turn off, no matter what I do. Buttons for it in settings are all off including acoustic alert and it won’t stop alerting me, both dinging and flashing. I was successful in getting it to turn off during a trip by using hey bmw turn off speed limit assistant. Next time I got in the car, it was doing it again - alerting me. Tried hey bmw again, and it said there is no setting turn turn off. I’ve restarted the head unit to no effect. Toggled it on and off over and over.

EDIT to add: this was my bad. There are TWO separate settings for speed limit warnings. Found them both. Turned them both off. Working as designed.

2. Passenger heated seat was full blast on and the seat boiling after a quick run into the store even though the setting was set to off. It was like it was on the entire time in the store because it was hot immediately when my passenger sat down and explained, whoa, my seat is on fire!

EDIT to add: this has not happened again. Not sure if I have an issue with this seat or not.

Last edited by spoodle; 01-18-2024 at 11:54 AM..
Appreciate 0