BMW X5
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

03-15-2024, 12:08 AM   #45
AndrewG25
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2024 BMW X5 50e

BMW NA, the selling dealership, and the servicing dealership have all got back to me, and they have made their position clear that they will not cover this under warranty.

If the road noise is truly from the out of round wheel, then I am 100% sure they sold me the car like this, I heard the noise as soon as I got on the highway. I researched the issue immediately and from the threads I mentioned previously there seemed to be a known easy fix and it wasn't urgent to go to the dealer immediately. Now, 2 months later, they are justifying their position with 'If you knew there was an issue, why didn't you tell us sooner' and using that to basically say that it's my fault.

The service manager from the dealer I purchased from was the most helpful person, he tried to hold sales accountable but they refused to help, and BMW NA said they can't cover it either, so he offered to have the wheel repaired for me. He also brought up a good point, the dealer I went to for service should have at least put a known good wheel on, test drive it, and verify that was the root cause of the road noise. The dealer I purchased from is 3 hours away, so I'm going to try the wheel repair route with the dealer near me that said they won't do anything unless it's replaced and see if this can be a path forward.
Appreciate 0
      03-15-2024, 07:03 AM   #46
TexAg91
Private First Class
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Tesla Model Y, BMW X5 50e

Will the selling dealer pay for the repair near you? If yes, then that’s an equitable outcome. If you’re having to pay for it because it’s too much hassle to take to the selling dealer 3 hours away, make sure the local dealer doesn’t mark the repair up more than what the repair shop would charge you to repair it (dealers get a discount).
Appreciate 0
      03-15-2024, 06:09 PM   #47
MADBMWX5MC
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2023 BMW X5MC

Andrew, you have a heck of an issues there, please continue to update us as you go along.
Appreciate 0
      03-16-2024, 12:14 AM   #48
rexus300
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: car

1500 for a rim?? Thats pretty excessive. What size rims do you have?
I replaced one 20 inch rim on my X5 50e last month after it was bent from a debris on the road and paid only 530 for it and had it shipped to me. Do a search on the rim part number and you can find a decent price. I refuse to even have it straighten as in my experience they tend to re-bend again and cause vibrations etc.

https://autorimshop.com/products/202...-740m-w86461mc

Last edited by rexus300; 03-16-2024 at 12:23 AM..
Appreciate 0
      03-16-2024, 12:16 AM   #49
rexus300
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: car

Also, my 2011 BMW 535xi had all 4 rims bent on the inner rims that I found out after delivery when I drove it on the highway and had vibrations. That's why I test drive all my cars on highway etc before signing docs. The car was strapped too tightly down on the truck and BMW replaced all 4 rims no hesitation. but if its 1 rim, I would just get it replaced.
Appreciate 0