Rep
Drives: E46M3, G05X5

Garage List
2019 X5  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by tartan43 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by LexxM3 View Post
On your prompting, I had a look around for FSC from my car, but I gather FSC are unique per-car and cannot be re-used. :-(
Thank you Lexx! Any chance you can isolate an FSC application ID for 1CR? From what I’ve read each feature (nav map, Apple CarPlay, etc.) has a dedicated app ID.
From the CarTechnology discussions that @ifr referenced, it appears to be 017C.
      01-05-2020, 03:29 AM   #134
ifr
Lieutenant Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: Tesla MY LR AWD

Quote:
Have you tried posting a 1CR FSC request to that community? What has been the feedback?
Also, did you VO code the same ECU as Lexx lists?
It's not a feature I particularly want other than as a curiosity, so I haven't spent any amount of time on it beyond the initial coding.

I always VO code every ECU using coding verification before attempting any VO Coding. It's the only way to identify every impacted ECU and FDL setting. So yes I have VO Coded those ECU when attempting to enable 1CR, and validated each ECU's 1CR settings post coding.

As dealers don't do FDL coding and only use VO Coding for adding retrofit features, it's logical that adding this feature via VO coding and FSC would be the best BMW delivery method for retrofit.

This site has forums with posts that talk about the CA bulletin for a 1CR retrofit. The bulletin itself references a subsequent bulletin which will detail the exact steps the dealer should follow to apply the retrofit. I haven't seen that bulletin, but obtaining it would be my priority if I wanted the feature active.
Appreciate 0
      01-08-2020, 10:07 AM   #135
fitguy913
Rep
Drives: 2019 X5 xDrive40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by ifr View Post
It's not a feature I particularly want other than as a curiosity, so I haven't spent any amount of time on it beyond the initial coding.

I always VO code every ECU using coding verification before attempting any VO Coding. It's the only way to identify every impacted ECU and FDL setting. So yes I have VO Coded those ECU when attempting to enable 1CR, and validated each ECU's 1CR settings post coding.

As dealers don't do FDL coding and only use VO Coding for adding retrofit features, it's logical that adding this feature via VO coding and FSC would be the best BMW delivery method for retrofit.

This site has forums with posts that talk about the CA bulletin for a 1CR retrofit. The bulletin itself references a subsequent bulletin which will detail the exact steps the dealer should follow to apply the retrofit. I haven't seen that bulletin, but obtaining it would be my priority if I wanted the feature active.
So is there a Canadian BMW tech on this forum that is willing to help?
Appreciate 0
      01-08-2020, 02:47 PM   #136
LexxM3
Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: E46M3, G05X5

Garage List
2019 X5  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by fitguy913 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by ifr View Post

So is there a Canadian BMW tech on this forum that is willing to help?
I've just confirmed with my very competent Canadian sources that the FSC for the 1CR retrofit is VIN-tied.

In this case and at present, I suspect only available help will come from your dealer. Considering that many that received cars manufactured before April 2019 paid for 1CR and didn't get it, a fairly strong demand for your dealers to fullfil their and BMW's contracted obligations is appropriate.
      01-13-2020, 10:48 PM   #137
tartan43
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 X7 M50i

Quote:
Looks like the guys on this forum just figured out how to generate the FSC code for Remote Engine Start - see post #5
https://cartechnology.co.uk/showthread.php?tid=59280
Appreciate 0
      01-13-2020, 11:04 PM   #138
hkleyman
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 BMW X5 50i M-Sport

Quote:
Quote:
Looks like the guys on this forum just figured out how to generate the FSC code for Remote Engine Start - see post #5
https://cartechnology.co.uk/showthread.php?tid=59280
Well that's exciting. I had a great deal on a MY19 that I turned down solely because remote start couldn't be added after the fact. I'm not mad about the G05 I ended up with that had the executive package compared to the one that didn't, but this could be huge for people!
Appreciate 0
      01-19-2020, 08:56 PM   #139
tartan43
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 X7 M50i

Quote:
Originally Posted by hkleyman View Post
Well that's exciting. I had a great deal on a MY19 that I turned down solely because remote start couldn't be added after the fact. I'm not mad about the G05 I ended up with that had the executive package compared to the one that didn't, but this could be huge for people!
And just as quickly I’m back to where I started:
“Hi
Sorry only neaw I see I can help only for EUR cars
your car is US
I can't orther 17C fsc for US cars”

Apparently if you know the right process you can order 17C FSC from BMW...

Last edited by tartan43; 01-20-2020 at 06:36 PM..
Appreciate 0
      03-10-2020, 12:05 AM   #140
coco135
Rep
Drives: 2009 7

Any updates on adding this to US cars?
Appreciate 1
gmer0.00
      12-08-2020, 07:01 PM   #141
ndgo219
Registered
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 BMW X5 xDrive40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by archivedaccount View Post
I'll PM them to you as they are not working for me in the UK. I use esys and Launcher Pro.

The DisplayKey has the Start/Stop Engine option and the car has the Remote Start option checkbox.

When I do Start Engine it flashes the lights and makes a few whirring and clicking sounds like its about to start the engine but it then flashes the indicators again and generates an error message on the key and in car (see earlier in the thread).

Assuming UK cars have the remote starter hardware, I suspect its an issue with Connected Drive not supporting the feature in the UK. My CD options are different than users in regions where it is supported.

If you can test and it works for you on a US car then we will at least know the coding is 100%.
would you please contact me for coding to enable remote start on 2020 g05 x5? please?
Appreciate 0
      12-23-2020, 10:10 PM   #142
nZtiZia
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: eVeRyOnE mAD!

Garage List
i just took delivery of a 2021 xDr45e in the US but don't see a Remote Start option in iDrive under Preconditioning or in my iPhone BMW Connected app v10.9.2.2059. nothing in the manual as well.

is this no longer a feature?
Appreciate 0
      12-24-2020, 01:29 AM   #143
pho
Private First Class
Belgium
Rep
Drives: X5 xDrive45e

Quote:
Originally Posted by nZtiZia View Post
i just took delivery of a 2021 xDr45e in the US but don't see a Remote Start option in iDrive under Preconditioning or in my iPhone BMW Connected app v10.9.2.2059. nothing in the manual as well.

is this no longer a feature?
The 45e has remote climatization. No motor start needed as it works off the li-ion battery.
You can do it on demand or schedule it through the app; I have it set up to be climatized every work day at 08:00 AM so I always get into a warm car in the mornings without having to think about it. Works like a charm
Appreciate 1
nZtiZia4592.50
      08-13-2021, 10:38 AM   #144
Don Juan
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 X7 40i, 2020 I3s Bev

Reviving this old thread... remore engine start is now avaialble in connectted store..purchased it and..... nothing :-(

i noticed 1CR was not present so i added via VO... everything now works (meaining the sequencing with the keyfob to start the car) lights flashes but the car doesnt start.. i went back to my connected drive account and shows my vin with the remote engine start option checked as purchased... but nada

does anyone know where the esys modules and fdl are so i can double check ?
2020 X7 MSport 40i
2020 I3s Bev
Appreciate 0
      02-06-2023, 03:34 PM   #145
Adrien
Rep
Drives: BMW G80 2022

hello, do you have someone who does the fsc for EU cars?
Appreciate 0
      09-26-2023, 05:44 AM   #146
Ciulbecca
Rep
Drives: BMW X5 G05

Quote:
Originally Posted by archivedaccount View Post
I'll PM them to you as they are not working for me in the UK. I use esys and Launcher Pro.

The DisplayKey has the Start/Stop Engine option and the car has the Remote Start option checkbox.

When I do Start Engine it flashes the lights and makes a few whirring and clicking sounds like its about to start the engine but it then flashes the indicators again and generates an error message on the key and in car (see earlier in the thread).

Assuming UK cars have the remote starter hardware, I suspect its an issue with Connected Drive not supporting the feature in the UK. My CD options are different than users in regions where it is supported.

If you can test and it works for you on a US car then we will at least know the coding is 100%.
Hi, Can you share how you enabled Remote Engine Start via coding?
I'm italian. Tahnk you
Appreciate 0